Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

If udoh lives up to his strength which he says defense then i am okay with the pick i see no problem adding a defender to this roster because wright and randolph have been injury prone their entire careers. right now i can see why fans are upset because in the current system monroe looks like the obvious pick but once don nelson is gone after this year and we get new management then that is when i can see if udoh was a good pick. but right now i see a no risk pick by larry riley and quite frankly who needs more scoring with the roster we currently have.

Did anyone take a look at the new merchandise on the webiste some of the sweaters look nice. But smh at not putting real pics of the jersey online insead they put a pre-order tag

2cqmbyu.jpg

2607sci.jpg

11ieqf7.jpg

famzo0.jpg

Originally Posted by chris82790

Did anyone take a look at the new merchandise on the webiste some of the sweaters look nice. But smh at not putting real pics of the jersey online insead they put a pre-order tag

I was at the team store yesterday, the black sweater is dope as @#%+ as well as the black tee. Jerseys weren't for sale yet, I guess they'll wait 'til a separate event to unveil it.. they would've made a *#%#*#@% of money yesterday though. They did have Curry JerseyTees though.

I'm just hoping he's not Adonal Foyle part II. 

I don't see "all-star" with this guy either but picking up the great role players is good too.  Hopefully he can be one of our draft keepers and not a patrick o'wack. 

I'm still high on Brandon Wright though and i HOPE he's developed more game while he's been out and can stay injury-free for at least ONE season so i can properly peep his game.

[h4]Everyone hates our selection
[/h4][h4][/h4]
[h4]GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS                                                                                                                       GRADE: D+[/h4]
GSW.gif
Round 1: Ekpe Udoh (6)

Round 2: None

Analysis: I like Ekpe Udoh and so do a lot of NBA scouts and general managers. But taking him at No. 6 felt like a major reach, especially when you consider the Warriors' current roster. In previous years, the Warriors have selected Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph in the lottery -- both, like Udoh, are thin, athletic players who can rebound and run the floor.

Udoh may be more polished than Wright and Randolph. He's an accomplished shot-blocker and rebounder and he has a more sophisticated offensive game. But he's also already 23 years old, while Wright is just 22 and Randolph is only 20. Given all that, and given the uncertainty in the Warriors organization, Udoh looks like a classic candidate to disappoint.

Golden State
Draft Grade
AdditionsAnalysis

warriors_logo.gif

D
Picks:
No. 6 Ekpe Udoh

The draft's biggest riser, Udoh simply is not good enough to be drafted No. 6 overall. He's awkward and not particularly skilled, but tested out well in workouts thanks to his length and good matchups – he told NBADraft.net he was most often paired with centers Cole Aldrich and Hassan Whiteside instead of power forwards. In addition, the Warriors have a pair of young, athletic forwards in Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright, both of whom have more potential than Udoh should they ever stay healthy. To sum it up, the Warriors took the 20th best player in the draft with the sixth pick. The only saving grace was they didn't have a second-round pick to mess up.

"To sum it up, the Warriors took the 20th best player in the draft with the sixth pick."

Un $+!$$!! believable. What Ellison needs to do is completely clean house when he buys the team and hire Kevin Pritchard. Still cant believe he got fired. Hes one of the better GMs in the game.

Honestly, i think you guys will end up liking this guy.

Curry-Monta-Buike/Wright?-AR-Udoh

Thats a pretty big and athletic frontcourt though.

Good read on the pick: http://www.ibabuzz.com/wa...-chose-udoh-over-monroe/

Seems the biggest reason why they chose Udoh over Monre is the system the warriors will be running under Nellie, which is fine...However, what are the chances that Nellie/management are around come next year, or after next year if they do stay? The article refers to them not needing a high post big man...
laugh.gif
. Its called he ran the system that his coach wanted him to run. Check his highlights, can post you up, has a decent mid-range, can take you off the dribble and can pass. Not a great rebounder, but thats why you bring in a PF that rebounds. Not athletic enough? Don't buy it, someone wasn't watching enough tape.

I understand the pick. Warriors just got caught in poor timing and could not pick Monroe with the current management team and Nellie still around. As a fan, its frustrating because the pick is good for a year (if he even sees time on the floor) and then who knows whats to come after next year.  A monroe + curry partnership had a future to build around. Udoh + curry is a year or two experiment that will fail, as most experiments do with the warriors. At the end of the day, who knows? I sure as hell hope Udoh fails and Monroe becomes an all-star. Yes, I'm still mad
mad.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by dland24

Un $+!$$!! believable.
Why don't you just wait and watch the guy play so you don't have another Curry incident?

Two different incidents all together.  
I didnt want Curry at draft time last year because I felt we had other needs than a PG, and management had said a week prior to the draft that they were committed to playing Monta at the point.  I have said many times in our thread that I am glad we went with Steph and I was wrong.
This case is completely different.  Do I think he is going to be good?  No idea.  Do I think he will be a bust?  No idea.  Not extremely familiar with him other than clips.  If you would have quoted my entire post, instead of just one word, you would have understood why I was pissed.  It has nothing to do with Udoh being good or bad.  Its just that article said we drafted the 20th best player with the 6th pick.....which I repeat....is UN $%@!*%% BELIEVABLE.

Players 6 thru 20 are about the same. I don't get how you fail to realize this. We weren't going to get anyone good once Cousins was selected.

And that other dude needs to get off Monroe's balls. Take that *+++ elsewhere, he's not going to play here.

Eh, why wouldnt Monroe fit in here? One of the best passing big men in this draft.

And Udoh, cant rebound?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Players 6 thru 20 are about the same. I don't get how you fail to realize this. We weren't going to get anyone good once Cousins was selected.

And that other dude needs to get off Monroe's balls. Take that *+++ elsewhere, he's not going to play here.

6-20 are about the same?
laugh.gif
C'mon now. This draft wasn't strong but that statement is absurd.

Not on Monroe's balls at all, I've got W's best interest in mind. Sorry for actually bringing some basketball conversation into this post.

Originally Posted by dland24

"To sum it up, the Warriors took the 20th best player in the draft with the sixth pick."

Un $+!$$!! believable. What Ellison needs to do is completely clean house when he buys the team and hire Kevin Pritchard. Still cant believe he got fired. Hes one of the better GMs in the game.
I thought the exact same thing when I heard he was let go by Portland we need to pick him up asap if he is available after the sale

Back
Top Bottom