Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Everyone, but Jiri Welsch.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Also saw that the Warriors aren't going to offer Tolliver or Hunter a qualifying offer. Too bad because I like both, but the addition of Gadzuric and Udoh really cramp the front court. They will however offer qualifying offers to Morrow and Watson.
Watson aint never leaving Golden State
roll.gif

Fourth Bidding Group Identified; Process Now in Binding Bid Stage

By Marcus Thompson
Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 at 3:22 pm in Uncategorized.

A group led by David Bonderman, a founding partner of the private equity firm TPG Capital, was at the team’s downtown facility yesterday as part of a tour. (I saw Bobby Rowell guiding the tour and learned who it was he was hosting, but had to confirm with a another non-related source before I went live, per company policy.) That is the fourth potential ownership group Bay Area News Group has been able to identify. The examination of the Warriors, by the bidders, is now complete said one source close to the negotiations. The source said the feedback from the potential ownership groups was all positive and there is no question the Warriors will be sold for a record price, eclipsing the mark of $401 (the price Robert Sarver paid for the Suns).

Purchase of sale agreements have been submitted to each of the four finalist groups. The soft deadline for them to return is the end of the month, though after the holiday is acceptable to Cohan according to one of the sources. After he receives those bids, Cohan will decide which he accepts or if he wants to continue negotiations. If he chooses one, that group will place a deposit on their bid and the task of hashing out the particulars will being in earnest.

So, as a review, the four finalist groups are: * A group led by Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison, who (SI.com reported that Ellison has teamed up with the current minority owners)

* A group headed by 24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov

* A group that includes Mandalay Entertainment Group chair Peter Guber (and maybe Mandalay co-founder Paul Schaeffer)

* A group that includes (could be headed by) David Bonderman

Bonderman was the latest to be revealed. According to his company’s website, TPG Capital manages some $48 billion in capital. They have three U.S. offices, one in San Francisco, one in New York, and one in Fort Worth, where Bonderman is from and where the company headquarters are located. TPG Capital co-founder James Coulter has an MBA from Stanford and is on the school’s board of trustees. Bonderman also does a lot of business in the Bay Area.

Back in 2007, Forbes’ list of 400 Richest Americans had Bonderman at No. 105. In 2008, he was listed as No. 334 on Forbes’ list of billionaires, with a net worth of $3.3 billion. On the same list in 2009, he was down to #701 with a net worth of $1 billion.

Bonderman once paid $7 million to have the Rolling Stones play at his birthday party at the Hard Rock Hotel in Paradise, Nevada, with John Mellencamp as the opening act. He was also identified as an investor in the building of a Las Vegas arena. According to the Las Vegas Sun, the hope was to have an arena in time for an NHL expansion team by 2010. But the arena is still in the planning stages.

They're reporting Denver wants to trade Melo so they'd at least get something in return.

Melo + Balkman for Biedrins + Monta

Originally Posted by What up

They're reporting Denver wants to trade Melo so they'd at least get something in return.

Melo + Balkman for Biedrins + Monta

DOOOOOOO THIS!
Melo is my fav non warriors player
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Denver wants to trade Melo away? Interesting.
If they think he wants to go somewhere else and doesn't sign the extension. Then they'll try and get value for him instead of letting him walk like many FA's could this year.

[h1]Morrow Receives Interest From At Least Half Dozen Teams[/h1]

Jul 01, 2010 12:27 PM EST

Morrow_Anthony_gsw.jpg
Anthony Morrow is finding his market to include several suitors.

The Los Angeles Lakers, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers have all contacted Morrow.

Morrow is a restricted free agent, which will give Golden State an opportunity to match any offer sheet he signs.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...from_at_least_half_dozen_teams/#ixzz0sS4L9NyX

I wouldn't overpay for Morrow. He can do one thing. If someone wants to throw a boatload of cash let him walk.

I want Barnes back, as another anti-nellie move.

Back
Top Bottom