Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Nuggets still trying to get Biedrins
PLLLLLLLLLEASE LET THIS HAPPPPPPPEN!

I have the same feelings as Lazy and Tim combined...I don't want to sign another heavy contract.

I wouldn't mind if Morrow left either.

If Denver really wants Biedrins, let's get that Carmelo deal done
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i swear if the warriors match any offer sheet that morrow signs with another team i will go crazy he is not worth a lot but knowing the warriors they would match are stupid contract

Originally Posted by acidicality

I wouldn't mind if Morrow left either.

If Denver really wants Biedrins, let's get that Carmelo deal done
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by chris82790

i swear if the warriors match any offer sheet that morrow signs with another team i will go crazy he is not worth a lot but knowing the warriors they would match are stupid contract
co-sign

The Hawks are said to be shopping Marvin Williams and Mike Bibby.

They've reportedly been contacted by the Warriors regarding Marvin, and it would not be surprising to see either player end up playing elsewhere next year.

Eww.

Supposedly we're also looking at Trevor Ariza and Shane Battier.

I know Riley is gonna go crazy if Battier is available and he's gonna do something dumb.
sick.gif

I like both Ariza and Battier. Their contracts aren't great but managable. So give the Rockets whatever they like - werd to T.I.

Supposedly Mike Miller got a 5 year - $30 million offer from the Lakers.  We're SO going to over-pay for Morrow.  At least have him get offers from other teams and only then match it.  Don't bid against ourselves - werd to the Grizzlies.

If Riles is truly trying to snub Nellie to separate himself from him as being a cronie (claiming defense..etc) then I highly doubt we match something absurd for Morrow. He does one thing and at times he looks bad at doing that, too.

TK sums up something I agree with in regards to Morrow. I'd love Battier as a part of a new ID to this team/new owner.

http://blogs.mercurynews....-nba-free-agent-debacle/

I'm all for adding someone like Battier but not sure how much his contract is and if its too much/long i'd pass. It would also depend on who we would have to trade for him, I'm not really down for a Monta for Ariza/Battier deal. no thx.

^ I know you're busying rooting for like 17 different teams, but take a second to look up Battier's contract so you don't sound ignorant. Battier is in the last year of his contract and his due to make $7.3 million.

So it's a double-edged sword. Is Houston sure Battier is going to walk and wants to get something in return? Or do they see him as an expiring contract and would rather no pick up salary unless they got blown away by the talent they receive.

Originally Posted by What up

^ I know you're busying rooting for like 17 different teams, but take a second to look up Battier's contract so you don't sound ignorant.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by What up

^ I know you're busying rooting for like 17 different teams, but take a second to look up Battier's contract so you don't sound ignorant.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
what are you laughing at? you got 3 teams & i just so happen to watch ncaa, so UNC is my team and the Bulls have always been my team behind GSW. so yeah, I guess I follow 5 teams.
What up - Sorry if I sounded ignorant to you, I wasn't trying to be - I just don't care enough to look up Battiers contract, but I'm glad he has an expiring. Regardless, all I was saying was a trade for Battier&Ariza does not sound good IMO and knowing GSW, we would give up Monta for them. 

We need a post player that can handle his own on the offensive side and who can also get some boards. Thats who they should be focused on trading for if they are even trying to do anything in the first place. Other than that, if Denver is really open to trading Melo, I think GSW can offer a lot more than other teams can and if they still like Biedrins - a package of Monta/Biedrins/ & anyone but Curry could be enough to get it done. We need another all-star player to pair up with Curry, but I'm not sure Melo would sign long-term with us, but with a new owner he might.

How did this thread/forum become ridden with morons?  (Directed toward the Rudy Gay fan)

Does anyone else think we should just stand pat unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer? I mean, we have a lot of young talent stocked up that are filled with "potential." I think they they really need to see what they have on the roster, since I don't think adding a veteran SF really makes us any better than before. At this point, this season should be about seeing if we have pieces that will reach their potential, and figuring out a plan around those pieces. If the players on our roster are as good as we think they are, shouldnt they be fighting for close to 40 wins as is? Because if not, then our talent is grossly overrated.

I don't know who here thinks this team has really good pieces, but 40 wins is a big reach. I say 34 wins is about right for this team.

40 wins is if everything goes as planned, and even then, we won't be a playoff team. if we can acquire a big-name player, we gotta do it and have everyone on the trading block besides Curry and maybe Randolph.

Back
Top Bottom