Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

can the warriors sale be final already ....
tired.gif
, so we can get some real front office personnel and a head coach

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

All I got to say is I'm tired of waiting on potential. The whole Warriors team is surrounded by players that have talent, and IF they EVER live up to their potential, they can be great players. Stop wishing and dreaming, if you don't progress on the damn court, the hell with you. I like Anthony Randolph, he is very talented and skilled player, and one day with the right coaching can be a great player. But, we have too many damn players we are waiting on to develop. This is the NBA, not the NBDL.
potential and gambling is what makes great teams, not ditching potential and settling for losers like lee

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

All I got to say is I'm tired of waiting on potential. The whole Warriors team is surrounded by players that have talent, and IF they EVER live up to their potential, they can be great players. Stop wishing and dreaming, if you don't progress on the damn court, the hell with you. I like Anthony Randolph, he is very talented and skilled player, and one day with the right coaching can be a great player. But, we have too many damn players we are waiting on to develop. This is the NBA, not the NBDL.
potential and gambling is what makes great teams, not ditching potential and settling for losers like lee
exactly...if you're gonna trade Randolph along with those other complementary players, you gotta aim high and get a real all-star if you're gonna do that. David Lee is not the answer, and for the contract as well.

For what we gave up, we should get a proven All-Star and a FIRST ROUND PICK!

Knicks just gives those out, how the @*$* did we not end up with one!?!?

I wouldn't call Lee a loser, but the Warriors are dreaming if they think they're doing something. They constantly hype up potential players after drafting them then ditch the plan and trade the player for someone who will help the team win now. Then the team is stuck with a whole bunch of young guys who are the future core, then they end up being traded later. The other part of the team is filled with vets and over-the-hill players who should be playing on competing teams, but are stuck here because these are the guys the Warriors traded their young guys for. What they end up with is a team that's stuck in the middle of rebuilding and competing. They can't compete and end up in the lottery, again. Repeat cycle and that's this $%@%+% up organization.

Im shocked to see how few people like this trade. One of our biggest problems for years has been rebounding.....which Lee is exceptional at. Im all for this trade to be honest. The funny thing is, I think I am the most upset about losing Buike. Randolph might be good one day, but its time to start acquiring talent, not players who might be good one day. Get rid of some more bad contracts and lets see where what we can get to play here. Building a team starting with Curry and Lee is not a bad start IMO.

Man Im disappointed. Loved the Warriors since '96. Its getting harder and harder to like em. Giving Lee such a huge contract, trading what I think will turn out to be a good player in Randolph, trading a great shooter in Azubuike........Damn
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Im shocked to see how few people like this trade. One of our biggest problems for years has been rebounding.....which Lee is exceptional at. Im all for this trade to be honest. The funny thing is, I think I am the most upset about losing Buike. Randolph might be good one day, but its time to start acquiring talent, not players who might be good one day. Get rid of some more bad contracts and lets see where what we can get to play here. Building a team starting with Curry and Lee is not a bad start IMO.
We JUST acquired another bad contract by giving David Lee 80 Mill

Originally Posted by What up

For what we gave up, we should get a proven All-Star and a FIRST ROUND PICK!

Knicks just gives those out, how the @*$* did we not end up with one!?!?

Because we gave it all away already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

exactly...if you're gonna trade Randolph along with those other complementary players, you gotta aim high and get a real all-star if you're gonna do that. David Lee is not the answer, and for the contract as well.
Wait.Now, Im not the biggest David Lee fan out there. I think he is a good solid player and I have to make a cause for him. He's been averaging a double double throughout his career, and has improved every year in the league. As far as wins and style, The Knicks and Warriors were close to being the same team the last handfull of years. Buike was a solid contributor to the team, but yall acting like he was going to be a game changer. Anyone can score in a open NBA system. Also, if yall think Anthony Randolph would have landed a perennial all star, you are seriously on one. Coming from a team that has giving ******ed contracts to Mike Dunleavy, Maggette, etc, this really isnt as bad as it looks.

You say this now, youll love D.Lee later..

[h3]2009-10 Statistics [/h3] PPG - 20.2 RPG  - 11.70 APG - 3.6 EFF - + 26.99

Theres a difference between overpaying for players like Corey Maggette and paying big money for players like David Lee. Lee brings consistency, heart, effort, toughness and scoring to your franchise which has had trouble having all of that in the paint in recent years. I understand Randolph has upside, Buike is a good shooter...cool, they obviously weren't helping your team win games so its time to try something new...why not David Lee? He's not a franchise saver, hes not a super star, but hes a solid low post player which will be CONSISTENT. Thats all thats important. Be happy, its not as bad of a move as you guys think it is.

Plus, like someone said earlier...at least you're not in Ohio.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

We'll just have to make it work. It's not like we'll turn our back on this team - basketball is just too awesome to be ignored.

Completely off topic but can these people PLEASE lay off LeBron? I've been a big critic (read: hater) of his since he was drafted by Cleveland but good God! Who is anyone to say that was a wrong decision. Or he owed the city something even during his annoucement that he's leaving. I sometimes forget that these media heads make a living offering us their opinions but most of the time their thoughts/opinions do-not-matter and shouldn't be this harsh. I genuinely feel bad for LeBron. (Yet excited for Cleveland's misery).

Back
Top Bottom