Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Wayne won't go wood. No matter what he does WTT>>>>C4 in my opinion. All the Carters>>> C4. And this is from someone who loved C3

We're one of the few who loved C3
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I haven't played WTT in two weeks, though. No replay value to me.
Nah, I loved C3 as well.

C4 is just terrible, though. This is BY FAR the most basic and uninspired Wayne has ever sounded on an album.  A lot of the songs have no cohesion whatsoever and are basically mixtape freestyles (%%%!++ ones, at that).

And the beats aren't knocking quite as hard as a lot of y'all are claiming, IMO.  They're cool, but they sound cheap to me. *shrugs*

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lil Wayne Logs Hot 100's Biggest Bow[/h1]by Gary Trust  |   August 24, 2011 5:19 EDT

Lil Wayne leaps onto the survey at No. 3 with the latest single from his forthcoming album "Tha Carter IV."

Lil Wayne roars onto the Hot 100 at No. 3 -- his highest-ever opening rank -- with "She Will," featuring Drake, which launches atop Digital Songs (255,000). The song concurrently begins at No. 71 on Radio Songs (16 million, up 172%) and zooms 48-17 in its second week on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.

"She Will," from Weezy's ninth studio set "Tha Carter IV," due at midnight Monday (Aug. 29), marks the rapper's fifth top 10 Hot 100 debut, pushing him past Eminem and Kanye West for the most such starts by a male artist in the chart's archives. Among all acts, he ties Mariah Carey for second-most top 10 arrivals. Taylor Swift leads with seven top 10 entrances.

"She Will" is the fourth Hot 100 entry from "IV" to reach the chart. "6 Foot 7 Foot," featuring Cory Gunz, reached No. 9 in January, followed by "John," featuring Rick Ross (No. 22, April) and "How to Love," which, after climbing to No. 5, drops 6-8 this week.
"She Will," Lil Wayne's second No. 1 on Digital Songs following "Right Above It," also featuring Drake (which debuted at No. 1 a year ago this week), ups his count to 79 career Hot 100 hits (including 15 top 10s). Only the "Glee" cast (156), Elvis Presley (108) and James Brown (91) have made more chart appearances.
billboard

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lil Wayne Logs Hot 100's Biggest Bow[/h1]by Gary Trust  |   August 24, 2011 5:19 EDT

Lil Wayne leaps onto the survey at No. 3 with the latest single from his forthcoming album "Tha Carter IV."

Lil Wayne roars onto the Hot 100 at No. 3 -- his highest-ever opening rank -- with "She Will," featuring Drake, which launches atop Digital Songs (255,000). The song concurrently begins at No. 71 on Radio Songs (16 million, up 172%) and zooms 48-17 in its second week on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.

"She Will," from Weezy's ninth studio set "Tha Carter IV," due at midnight Monday (Aug. 29), marks the rapper's fifth top 10 Hot 100 debut, pushing him past Eminem and Kanye West for the most such starts by a male artist in the chart's archives. Among all acts, he ties Mariah Carey for second-most top 10 arrivals. Taylor Swift leads with seven top 10 entrances.

"She Will" is the fourth Hot 100 entry from "IV" to reach the chart. "6 Foot 7 Foot," featuring Cory Gunz, reached No. 9 in January, followed by "John," featuring Rick Ross (No. 22, April) and "How to Love," which, after climbing to No. 5, drops 6-8 this week.
"She Will," Lil Wayne's second No. 1 on Digital Songs following "Right Above It," also featuring Drake (which debuted at No. 1 a year ago this week), ups his count to 79 career Hot 100 hits (including 15 top 10s). Only the "Glee" cast (156), Elvis Presley (108) and James Brown (91) have made more chart appearances.
billboard

I can't vibe with this album just off the fact Wayne isn't saying ANYTHING in his lyrics.

Absolutely no direction whatsoever.

I can't vibe with this album just off the fact Wayne isn't saying ANYTHING in his lyrics.

Absolutely no direction whatsoever.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h1][/h1]

billboard

30t6p3b.gif
@ Glee cast

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h1][/h1]

billboard

30t6p3b.gif
@ Glee cast

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Nas verse > C4

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

You missed the part where I said it bangs in the car

Besides Wayne, Drake and Nicki are the only other popular YM artists. I should have clarified though as far as albums though, I meant songs in general, whether albums,
mixtapes, or just promo type songs floating around. Check Birdman, Gudda, Tyga, and the rest of them. It's all a template that barely changes from 1 artist over there to the next.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Nas verse > C4

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

You missed the part where I said it bangs in the car

Besides Wayne, Drake and Nicki are the only other popular YM artists. I should have clarified though as far as albums though, I meant songs in general, whether albums,
mixtapes, or just promo type songs floating around. Check Birdman, Gudda, Tyga, and the rest of them. It's all a template that barely changes from 1 artist over there to the next.

Back
Top Bottom