Official Workout Thread - Questions, Answers, Input, Routines, etc. Come In

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

Is eating 5 times per day good? I ea breakfast lunch and dinner plus 2 protein shakes as meal replacements!! Some1 please tell me
That is great thing to do to speed up your metabolism.

^what about snacking? I don't eat too big at my regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) but I snack throughout the day. is this good at all?

yea i just talked to my boy and his brother in law is a trainer at the gym.
my boy goes all the time and dude is lean and cut as can be... nh
His brother in law trains him and pushes him to the max everytime and thats what i need.
but hes under his bro in laws plan at the gym and instead of paying $40/mo
he only pays $20/mo and hes going to talk to him and try and get me on the same deal.
if he does that. ( 75% of that happening) then ill definitely sign up asap. I need to start
handling before summer cause i am definitely not trying to take this shirt off lmao.

thanks for all the tips once again.

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

^what about snacking? I don't eat too big at my regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) but I snack throughout the day. is this good at all?

Snacking is fine as long as they fill whatever vitamin, nutrient, caloric needs are left from not eating as much for your main meals.

Anybody have any experience with some good hypertrophy workouts?

And I think you guys have it backwards. High weight and Low reps develops slow twitch Fibers. If in fact you guys are right, and I am wrong, can you pleasepost a source?

Also great thread BTW

Can you guys give me tell me what you think about my current little routine there is not lower body cause i injured my ankle and doc told me not to do to muchon it..
Program A
Military press
Curls
Lateral raises
Upright rows
Triceps Extensions
Program B
Bent over Rows
Dumbell Press
Flyes
Dumbell pull overs
and ab work (crunches, leg raises, side bends)
I do these alternating A,B,A,B 6 days a week i do it all with my dumbells i have at home
Any suggestions, and also is there any dumbell exercises i can do that target my Lats? Im gonna get a pull up bar but till then what can i do?

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

Is eating 5 times per day good? I ea breakfast lunch and dinner plus 2 protein shakes as meal replacements!! Some1 please tell me
That is great thing to do to speed up your metabolism.

Eating 5 meals a day will increase your metabolsim?

When you eat less frequently, your body thinks it's not going to get food for a while. Your metabolism slows down as a result, and when you do actuallyeat, more of it well get stored as fat for future energy use. Your body stores fat because it thinks the next meal wont come for a while. If you eat morefrequently, your body isn't in "starvation mode", and less is stored as fat.

Is this overtraining?

Monday:
1-leg speed hops
2x20 yards

Knees to chest tuck jumps
2x15

Power skipping
2x40 yards

30 yard sprints

Deadlift
3x6

Iso-miometric
squat
5x5

High box drop jumps (shock or altitude landings)
2 x 5

Weds:
Bench press:
  • Reg 3x7
  • Decline 3x7
  • Incline 3x7
Dumbbell bench press straight to flys
  • Reg 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
  • Decline 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
  • Incline 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
Barbell shoulder press
  • 3x10 (last set till failure)
Dumbbell shoulder press on stability ball
Barbell curl
Dumbbell tricep extensions
  • Till failure
Power cleans
  • 3x5
Friday:
1-leg speed hops
2x20 yards

Box Squat
jumps
2x6

Power skipping
2x40 yards

30 yard sprints

Barbell split
squat
5x6

Dumbell straight leg deadlift
4x8

High box drop jumps
3x5

+

Weds' workout but with lighter weights

(Monday/Friday's leg workout are from VJB)

When you eat less frequently, your body thinks it's not going to get food for a while. Your metabolism slows down as a result, and when you do actually eat, more of it well get stored as fat for future energy use. Your body stores fat because it thinks the next meal wont come for a while. If you eat more frequently, your body isn't in "starvation mode", and less is stored as fat.

So to gain weight, I should eat 3 meals a day, but eat a ton each meal... What about protein supplements? When should I drink these, only pre/post workout?

i don't want to get fat, i want to put on weight in any shape or form...i workout regularly and play ball...i don't think the weight I'd gain wouldbe in the form of flabby fat...i'm 17 5'10 140lbs. i want to put on weight...

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Is this overtraining?

Monday:
1-leg speed hops
2x20 yards

Knees to chest tuck jumps
2x15

Power skipping
2x40 yards

30 yard sprints

Deadlift
3x6

Iso-miometric
squat
5x5

High box drop jumps (shock or altitude landings)
2 x 5

Weds:
Bench press:
  • Reg 3x7
  • Decline 3x7
  • Incline 3x7
Dumbbell bench press straight to flys
  • Reg 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
  • Decline 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
  • Incline 2x10 then 10 sets of flys
Barbell shoulder press
Dumbbell shoulder press on stability ball
Barbell curl
Dumbbell tricep extensions
  • Till failure
Power cleans
  • 3x5
Friday:
1-leg speed hops
2x20 yards

Box Squat
jumps
2x6

Power skipping
2x40 yards

30 yard sprints

Barbell split
squat
5x6

Dumbell straight leg deadlift
4x8

High box drop jumps
3x5

+

Weds' workout but with lighter weights

(Monday/Friday's leg workout are from VJB)
r u training on an NBA basketball team?

Originally Posted by quiverofarrows

r u training on an NBA basketball team?

I wish.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dhproteam31

i don't want to get fat, i want to put on weight in any shape or form...i workout regularly and play ball...i don't think the weight I'd gain would be in the form of flabby fat...i'm 17 5'10 140lbs. i want to put on weight...

If you want to put on weight in any shape or form, just eat junk food and McDonalds all day. Problem solved.

that work out doesnt look to bad...you are doing a lot but you do work on a field and in a gum...so it sounds like a 2-3 hour work out....3 times aweek....sounds about rite...

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

that work out doesnt look to bad...you are doing a lot but you do work on a field and in a gum...so it sounds like a 2-3 hour work out....3 times a week....sounds about rite...

Are you referring to my workout I posted?

Just a quick question.
During basketball season I've only been able to get 2 proper gym sessions a week in. Now that our University season is over (this is in England) I feelI've got enough extra time to add in a 3rd session per week. What would be the best way to split up the sessions. I'm looking for all around workoutstuff including legs. Just wanting to know what would be the best way to organise it...in case its not clear, i mean like (just as an example)

Session 1: Legs
Session 2: Back & Shoulders
Session 3: Chest & Arms

what do you guys suggest?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

that work out doesnt look to bad...you are doing a lot but you do work on a field and in a gum...so it sounds like a 2-3 hour work out....3 times a week....sounds about rite...

Are you referring to my workout I posted?

ya im sorry i didnt clarify

Back
Top Bottom