Official World Series Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-1) Giants Win World Series!

Maaaaaan, nobody is giving the Giants a chance!!!

@+!% it. Us against the world. No one wanted these castoffs. No one believes is us. But we'll shock the world!

Maaaaaan, nobody is giving the Giants a chance!!!

@+!% it. Us against the world. No one wanted these castoffs. No one believes is us. But we'll shock the world!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ben Reiter is an idiot

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by dland24

Not that it needs to be said but.......

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.
This.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

just goes to show what a clown noblekane is
And this.

laugh.gif
emotional sensitive #+% dudes on niketalk like girl scouts sticking up for each other. thats why i dont go in that warriors thread that much... #!$! is DISGUSTING in there. a couple of you are cool but then the rest smh... worst thing about being a giant and warriors fan is the FANS...

The comments and opinons made by WErunSF in no way shape or form reflect the rest of ours. He has no clue what he is talking about, and speaks like a 16 year old high school cheerleader. Please do not associate this clown with me, or any other Giants fan on this board. Thanks.
This.

And this.

laugh.gif
emotional sensitive #+% dudes on niketalk like girl scouts sticking up for each other. thats why i dont go in that warriors thread that much... #!$! is DISGUSTING in there. a couple of you are cool but then the rest smh... worst thing about being a giant and warriors fan is the FANS...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by NobleKane

last time we faced vladimir in the world series....
frown.gif
Vladimir as in Vladimir Guerrero? He's never played in a World Series...

well damn guess i really am getting old and losin my mind
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

last time we faced vladimir in the world series....
frown.gif
Vladimir as in Vladimir Guerrero? He's never played in a World Series...

well damn guess i really am getting old and losin my mind
laugh.gif

I'm picking Texas in 6. If they can take out the Yankees, then the Giants shouldn't be a problem. I'm from the Bay but I gotta be realistic.

I'm picking Texas in 6. If they can take out the Yankees, then the Giants shouldn't be a problem. I'm from the Bay but I gotta be realistic.

[table][tr][td]Jeff Bradley
ESPN The Magazine[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]San Francisco has the starting pitching and matchup relievers to control Texas' offense and the long-awaited NL home-field advantage will pay off.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Howard Bryant
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Unlike the Phillies, whose offense was struggling entering the playoffs and never recovered, the Rangers' offense is American League-ready and clicking. Too many weapons.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dave Campbell
ESPN Radio[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Rangers have more weapons. I love the Giants' ability to mix and match in the 'pen, but worry about Jonathan Sanchez, a great talent who lost his release point and would be due to pitch Games 3 and 7.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jim Caple
ESPN.com[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 6[/td][td]Because San Francisco has the better pitching, Cliff Lee can pitch only so many games, and I'm a homer when it comes to the Giants.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tristan Cockcroft
ESPN Fantasy[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Cliff Lee is about as automatic as it gets, even if Tim Lincecum is his opponent, so that's two games; and the Rangers have been plenty aggressive, not to mention getting the clutch hits, to steal two more from Games 2-4 and 6.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants have magic, but the Rangers have a better lineup and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Rangers have too much offense, even for the Giants' solid pitching staff.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gordon Edes
ESPNBoston.com[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]Improbability runs the table this postseason, and the Giants are most improbable champs of all.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pedro Gomez
ESPN[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Texas is so completely different from its ancestors; this is a club that can score in so many different ways now.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Grey
ESPN Fantasy[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Rangers have a little more offense, and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tony Jackson
ESPNLosAngeles.com[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Giants have a deeper starting rotation and home-field advantage in a pitcher-friendly park that could neutralize the Rangers' deep lineup.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eric Karabell
ESPN Fantasy/
Baseball Today[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Cliff Lee wins two games and the MVP award, and the Giants have trouble against C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis as well.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Kurkjian
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]A better offense, and too much Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Keith Law
ESPN Scouts Inc.[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]They're pretty evenly matched, even if you start looking at individual areas or positions; my gut says the Rangers, but I admit to a rare lack of conviction in the call.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Marchand
ESPNNewYork.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants have great pitching. The Rangers have Cliff Lee. Advantage Texas.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]There's no denying the Rangers' destiny after their final step to the World Series was striking out A-Rod.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Meyers
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]The club with more long balls will win the series, and the Giants have a home run threat at every spot in the lineup, giving them the edge. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Rob Neyer
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants simply don't have the firepower to score more than two or three runs per game against the Rangers' top three starters.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Buster Olney
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]I like the depth in their lineup (but Vlad, Cruz and Kinsler have to hit, because I don't think Bruce Bochy will give Josh Hamilton a chance to swing the bat).[/td][/tr][tr][td]Peter Pascarelli
ESPN Radio[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Texas has too many offensive weapons, too much athleticism and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eduardo Perez
Baseball Tonight[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Cliff Lee will win Games 1 and 5, so the way I see it, it is a best two out of three, and Texas will lose to only Matt Cain.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Karl Ravech
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]Deeper offense ... comparable pitching ... and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jim Reeves
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Rangers have already slain two giants, not to mention a ton of ghosts; what's one more Giant at this stage?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Texas just beat the two best teams in the American League and since the Giants erased the best in the National League, the Rangers have an open road to their first crown.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Saxon
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Texas has the most dangerous starting pitcher, Cliff Lee, and the most versatile lineup the Giants have faced in the postseason.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Simon
ESPN Stats & Info[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]Because we're due to even out the Giants' history of heartbreaking World Series defeats (see 1912, 1924, 1962, 2002).[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayson Stark
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Can a team that never, ever scores five runs beat a team that just won every game against the Yankees by five runs or more? I just don't think the Giants will score enough to win this. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Von Lee Express, solid D up the middle and no soft spots in the lineup too much for the Giants.[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Jeff Bradley
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]San Francisco has the starting pitching and matchup relievers to control Texas' offense and the long-awaited NL home-field advantage will pay off.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Howard Bryant
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Unlike the Phillies, whose offense was struggling entering the playoffs and never recovered, the Rangers' offense is American League-ready and clicking. Too many weapons.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dave Campbell
ESPN Radio[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Rangers have more weapons. I love the Giants' ability to mix and match in the 'pen, but worry about Jonathan Sanchez, a great talent who lost his release point and would be due to pitch Games 3 and 7.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jim Caple
ESPN.com[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 6[/td][td]Because San Francisco has the better pitching, Cliff Lee can pitch only so many games, and I'm a homer when it comes to the Giants.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tristan Cockcroft
ESPN Fantasy[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Cliff Lee is about as automatic as it gets, even if Tim Lincecum is his opponent, so that's two games; and the Rangers have been plenty aggressive, not to mention getting the clutch hits, to steal two more from Games 2-4 and 6.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants have magic, but the Rangers have a better lineup and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Rangers have too much offense, even for the Giants' solid pitching staff.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gordon Edes
ESPNBoston.com[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]Improbability runs the table this postseason, and the Giants are most improbable champs of all.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pedro Gomez
ESPN[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Texas is so completely different from its ancestors; this is a club that can score in so many different ways now.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Grey
ESPN Fantasy[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Rangers have a little more offense, and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tony Jackson
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Giants have a deeper starting rotation and home-field advantage in a pitcher-friendly park that could neutralize the Rangers' deep lineup.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eric Karabell
ESPN Fantasy/
Baseball Today[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Cliff Lee wins two games and the MVP award, and the Giants have trouble against C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis as well.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Kurkjian
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]A better offense, and too much Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Keith Law
ESPN Scouts Inc.[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]They're pretty evenly matched, even if you start looking at individual areas or positions; my gut says the Rangers, but I admit to a rare lack of conviction in the call.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Marchand
ESPNNewYork.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants have great pitching. The Rangers have Cliff Lee. Advantage Texas.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]There's no denying the Rangers' destiny after their final step to the World Series was striking out A-Rod.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Meyers
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]The club with more long balls will win the series, and the Giants have a home run threat at every spot in the lineup, giving them the edge. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Rob Neyer
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]The Giants simply don't have the firepower to score more than two or three runs per game against the Rangers' top three starters.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Buster Olney
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]I like the depth in their lineup (but Vlad, Cruz and Kinsler have to hit, because I don't think Bruce Bochy will give Josh Hamilton a chance to swing the bat).[/td][/tr][tr][td]Peter Pascarelli
ESPN Radio[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Texas has too many offensive weapons, too much athleticism and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eduardo Perez
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Cliff Lee will win Games 1 and 5, so the way I see it, it is a best two out of three, and Texas will lose to only Matt Cain.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Karl Ravech
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]Deeper offense ... comparable pitching ... and Cliff Lee.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jim Reeves
ESPNDallas.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Rangers have already slain two giants, not to mention a ton of ghosts; what's one more Giant at this stage?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Texas just beat the two best teams in the American League and since the Giants erased the best in the National League, the Rangers have an open road to their first crown.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Saxon
tex.gif

in 5[/td][td]Texas has the most dangerous starting pitcher, Cliff Lee, and the most versatile lineup the Giants have faced in the postseason.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Simon
ESPN Stats & Info[/td][td]
sfo.gif

in 7[/td][td]Because we're due to even out the Giants' history of heartbreaking World Series defeats (see 1912, 1924, 1962, 2002).[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayson Stark
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 6[/td][td]Can a team that never, ever scores five runs beat a team that just won every game against the Yankees by five runs or more? I just don't think the Giants will score enough to win this. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com[/td][td]
tex.gif

in 7[/td][td]The Von Lee Express, solid D up the middle and no soft spots in the lineup too much for the Giants.[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by NobleLame

This.

And this.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleLame

This.

And this.

laugh.gif

The hate from Pedro Gomez is amazing.
roll.gif

He predicted the Braves and Phillies to win and now the Rangers. He's hated the Giants since covering Bonds for all those years.

The hate from Pedro Gomez is amazing.
roll.gif

He predicted the Braves and Phillies to win and now the Rangers. He's hated the Giants since covering Bonds for all those years.

The team with homefield advantage since 1980 is 22-7...

and the hometeam in those game 7s? 8-0

We need this.  Please.

The team with homefield advantage since 1980 is 22-7...

and the hometeam in those game 7s? 8-0

We need this.  Please.

The Rangers have to be aggressive and manufacture runs... I read the Giants are something like 15-56 when falling behind by 2 or more runs... The Rangers made their living by jumping out early on the Yanks, doing the same here means you're bringing home that ring.

Let's do it.
pimp.gif

The Rangers have to be aggressive and manufacture runs... I read the Giants are something like 15-56 when falling behind by 2 or more runs... The Rangers made their living by jumping out early on the Yanks, doing the same here means you're bringing home that ring.

Let's do it.
pimp.gif

This.

And this.

laugh.gif
Bruh you can call me whatever you want: 7 years of up and down season tickets to finally get to the world series... yalls can say this that and third about whos a bigger fan or whos smarter blah blah blah just remember your talking trash over a blog TAYLOR GANG or Dland24... ANYWAYS Giants are in the world series... A team that relies on its bullpen versus a team that relies on Cliff Lee and their hitters... Listen, dont listen: dont care.... giants taking it in 7 hours

This.

And this.

laugh.gif
Bruh you can call me whatever you want: 7 years of up and down season tickets to finally get to the world series... yalls can say this that and third about whos a bigger fan or whos smarter blah blah blah just remember your talking trash over a blog TAYLOR GANG or Dland24... ANYWAYS Giants are in the world series... A team that relies on its bullpen versus a team that relies on Cliff Lee and their hitters... Listen, dont listen: dont care.... giants taking it in 7 hours

Back
Top Bottom