Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Originally Posted by dland24

That blown 3rd strike call could very well decide the series. Such a shame. Watch baseball purists dismiss its impact, too.
If the Cardinals were losing when the call was made, sure, I can get down with your opinion.  Since the Rangers were already losing, its impossible to say that the blown 3rd strike decided this series.

And yes, I am a purist....doesnt matter in the slightest.
A 1-run ballgame vs. a 3-run ballgame. Changed the entire game. What if the Rangers score 2 here in the 8th?

EDIT: Buck/McCarver are so blatantly favoring the Cards its laughable. Don't even try to hide their conflict of interest.
Career timeline Dude is beyond terrible. Even when he teams with Aikman for NFL. And he's the voice of MLB? Really now? It doesn't take much to be on tv, is what I am getting at here. Know someone (his dad was an announcer) and you're in.

With his past, it's like having those FSN laker guys announce the nba finals. Biases can kill an average fans enjoyment.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by dland24

If the Cardinals were losing when the call was made, sure, I can get down with your opinion.  Since the Rangers were already losing, its impossible to say that the blown 3rd strike decided this series.

And yes, I am a purist....doesnt matter in the slightest.
A 1-run ballgame vs. a 3-run ballgame. Changed the entire game. What if the Rangers score 2 here in the 8th?

EDIT: Buck/McCarver are so blatantly favoring the Cards its laughable. Don't even try to hide their conflict of interest.
Career timeline Dude is beyond terrible. Even when he teams with Aikman for NFL. And he's the voice of MLB? Really now? It doesn't take much to be on tv, is what I am getting at here. Know someone (his dad was an announcer) and you're in.

Yep, McCarver played most of his career with the Cards too. Buck grew up a Cards fan. Just listen to him now...he can't contain his enthusiasm. Such a contrast from when the Rangers were about to win last night.

NO GEORGE BUSH, NO NOLAN RYAN

ALL RED!

tumblr_lpwu0eTSh71qa1krt.gif

WORLD SERIES CHAMPS! ANOTHER RING FOR THE GREAT ALBERT

congrats

this world series was great. it convinced me to start following baseball more closely this coming season. i look forward to it
smile.gif

Buffalo Bills looking squad
laugh.gif

Congrats to the Cardinals and their class act fans.
happy.gif

Congratulations to FirstBorn, Pac, and any other Cardinal fan who was here day in and day out.

And Ranger fans....look at the bright side.  You got smacked in the World Series last year.  You put up a hell of a fight in the World Series this year.  You are improving!!!

Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans.

Amazing run by them.

Chris Carpenter.
pimp.gif

Rangers halfway there to becoming the baseball equivalent of those '90s Buffalo Bills teams.

I would contend that fan hatred is born through the mouth of tv commentators. I grew from in partial to routing for Texas just a tad. Congrats to St. Louis. With Pujols likely gone, I bet some of these guys get some great raises to equal to the yearly salary of $16 mil

Damn Rangers.

I hope the Reds organization is watching this. Learn from this. I want to experience this soon here in Cincy.

Congrats Cardinals fans. Except First Born.

Back
Top Bottom