Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

This one's basically done. Rangers had this last night and their bullpen totally collapsed, not to mention Cruz's pansy catch attempt.

Congrats to the Cards by all means. But that team epitomizes the one thing I hate about baseball: a team can underachieve, sneak into the playoffs and catch fire. Did they earn it when it counted? Definitely. Does that mean they are the "best team"? I think you have to prove that all season, not just playoffs. This is Giants 2.0.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

not looking good for the rangers...

Nope.

But both teams have overcome deficits late in games during this World Series so it's definitely not over.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Hold up, wasn't that a foul ball?? It hit and then bounced over the fence to the foul side of the pole??

It was a fair ball because it first bounced in fair territory beyond first base... then it bounced into the stands (doesn't matter what side of the pole it was on because it was already fair).  It was a ground-rule double because it went into the stands.

Based Yad. 
pimp.gif

This ump is squeezing the %!@% out of Rangers pitchers and giving Cardinals pitchers anything close...

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

That blown 3rd strike call could very well decide the series. Such a shame. Watch baseball purists dismiss its impact, too.
If the Cardinals were losing when the call was made, sure, I can get down with your opinion.  Since the Rangers were already losing, its impossible to say that the blown 3rd strike decided this series.

And yes, I am a purist....doesnt matter in the slightest.

why is it that furcal and schumaker have the worst timing when it comes to adding runs? it seems like they find a way to mess up the inning.

Originally Posted by dland24

That blown 3rd strike call could very well decide the series. Such a shame. Watch baseball purists dismiss its impact, too.
If the Cardinals were losing when the call was made, sure, I can get down with your opinion.  Since the Rangers were already losing, its impossible to say that the blown 3rd strike decided this series.

A 1-run ballgame vs. a 3-run ballgame. Changed the entire game. What if the Rangers score 2 here in the 8th?

EDIT: Buck/McCarver are so blatantly favoring the Cards its laughable. Don't even try to hide their conflict of interest.

A 1-run ballgame vs. a 3-run ballgame. Changed the entire game. What if the Rangers score 2 here in the 8th?

I agree with you that the game changed.  But to say that THAT blown strike call decided the series is completely laughable.

I agree with you that the game changed.  But to say that THAT blown strike call decided the series is completely laughable.
This game is the series. It's a one game series at this point. The blown call changed the game. I said the call "could" decide the series. If the Rangers don't score, then the impact is obviously lessened.

I knew this game wouldn't live up to expectations...just an anti-climactic way to finish a great series

Back
Top Bottom