Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Hey, excuse me if this is a total noob question, but I wanna get a 360 and avoid getting the RROD as much as possible.

I've read that the "jasper" chipset apparently reduces risk of overheating bc it uses less energy, but not all of the Elites have it. I'drather just go w/ a 60gb Pro, but is it worth the extra $50 for an elite? Also, I read that there's ways to see if your Xbox has the "jasper" or"falcon" chipsets, but I wanna buy this off of Amazon (no tax, free shipping) so I can't pick a box. Would you guys recommend getting an Elite bcit's potentially more reliable (and you can save games to HD, reducing risk of overheating)?, or just going w/ the Pro and taking my chances?

Any help is much, much appreciated, thanks

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Hey, excuse me if this is a total noob question, but I wanna get a 360 and avoid getting the RROD as much as possible.

I've read that the "jasper" chipset apparently reduces risk of overheating bc it uses less energy, but not all of the Elites have it. I'd rather just go w/ a 60gb Pro, but is it worth the extra $50 for an elite? Also, I read that there's ways to see if your Xbox has the "jasper" or "falcon" chipsets, but I wanna buy this off of Amazon (no tax, free shipping) so I can't pick a box. Would you guys recommend getting an Elite bc it's potentially more reliable (and you can save games to HD, reducing risk of overheating)?, or just going w/ the Pro and taking my chances?

Just get a pro and take your chances, whatever xbox you get is pretty much gonna get the red rings regardless... Plus, even if you get the redrings you can just send it in and they'll fix it for free.

I've read that the "jasper" chipset apparently reduces risk of overheating bc it uses less energy, but not all of the Elites have it. I'd rather just go w/ a 60gb Pro, but is it worth the extra $50 for an elite? Also, I read that there's ways to see if your Xbox has the "jasper" or "falcon" chipsets, but I wanna buy this off of Amazon (no tax, free shipping) so I can't pick a box. Would you guys recommend getting an Elite bc it's potentially more reliable (and you can save games to HD, reducing risk of overheating)?, or just going w/ the Pro and taking my chances?

Get the elite. Microsoft is offering a $50 Mail-in rebate for Xbox 360 Elites purchased until October 5th. In addition, the Holiday bundle which brings LegoBatman and Pure comes out October 1st on Amazon. I would assume that these Elite consoles would be equipped with Jasper chip sets.

Amazon product ASIN B001FRMI34
Select "Winter Bundle"

Heres more info on the rebate:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/...-xbox-360-elite-and-get-fifty-bucks-back.aspx

www.xbox.com/eliterebate

So my 60gig pro is doing me just fine for the last year or so. But lately, its been freezing at startup, taking a long time to load games, freezing duringgameplay etc. Is the RROD just around the corner?
frown.gif
mad.gif

So my 60gig pro is doing me just fine for the last year or so. But lately, its been freezing at startup, taking a long time to load games, freezing during gameplay etc. Is the RROD just around the corner?
frown.gif
mad.gif

Did you recently download something that didn't finish? try starting the xbox without the hard drive attatched and tell me if it freezes.

There are threads on the Xbox official forums explaining how to tell if the console is a Jasper in detail. If you can't tell, then it's easier to lookbehind the console, find the date of production and make sure to get one as recent as possible.

Also, make sure that you get a console with a 120gb hard drive, and install games. Don't play them raw off the disc. Installing will reduce the temperatureof the console and thus lower the chances of RROD. Plus it has several other benefits. Don't keep your console in a place where it's too hot. Stillhaven't figured out whether you should keep it horizontally or vertically. Some say that keeping it horizontally is better, some say vertically.

I'm buying an elite from a guy off craigslist tomorrow. What information should I get to make sure that I'm covered if/when I get the RROD? Also, hesaid it was purchased in March should that have jasper?

If you're like me, and plan to get Forza 3:

"We want to know your top 10 favorite driving songs of all time. Post your picks and you'll be automatically entered into a drawing for a mysteriousgrand prize. Plus, your participation with your (Xbox LIVE gold) Gamertag here in the comments section is all you need to receive a free Zune-liveried Audi A4Touring Car for Forza Motorsport 3!"

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...ooking-for-the-ultimate-driving-playlist.aspx

yo anyone having problems with their quick charge kit? got a used one at gamestop and it worked when i first plugged it in. after that it stopped working,thought it was the battery pack, bought a new one and still nothing. anyone know how to fix it?

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

yo anyone having problems with their quick charge kit? got a used one at gamestop and it worked when i first plugged it in. after that it stopped working, thought it was the battery pack, bought a new one and still nothing. anyone know how to fix it?

i kinda have the same problem for two years now. my controller wont work unless its plugged in with the play in charge kit

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

yo anyone having problems with their quick charge kit? got a used one at gamestop and it worked when i first plugged it in. after that it stopped working, thought it was the battery pack, bought a new one and still nothing. anyone know how to fix it?

i kinda have the same problem for two years now. my controller wont work unless its plugged in with the play in charge kit
Same, and it doesn't charge. And shows 1 batter bar being lit in terms of its charged amount.
This happened after a xbox update....or so I thought.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236928&page=18

for my Castle Crasher people.. Necromantic DLC codes couresty of the behem0th on facebook and twitter.. thanks to progman3 @ CAG

"more Necromantic codes unclaimed from the facebook pages [updated] :

VD72G-CMVH6-2JXJ2-H78G4-B77C6
KB8KJ-JT3HM-GVDMX-DCXTK-Q379J
RGQXX-7RPW8-XCXMX-M9J2D-BQBXM
F8B74-KP4RK-BGDJB-J8PD3-KTYXT
GBDKP-8JYW3-JCJR8-QWGDX-8XMX8
WT3JX-YKBQ3-C7G8F-XHRVF-RGPVQ

--------------------------------------

Q8GDV-M3GCC-RB42H-DP7DQ-8VBFW
KKDQM-3Q428-XY7RX-87BDT-338PB
CGVBD-RMB42-6Q4F3-4R6T8-RDCCD
R3T2J-96WF6-3H27J-BKVK4-RGP8T