Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
The Oddball meta was already ruined with this round nonsense. The most set up oriented game type now has a mandatory set up break.

I used to game on a CRT monitor (my desktop monitor) because it was the closest I could get to HD at the time. Even shrunk the aspect ratio to emulate 16:9.

Wouldn't go back now though.

I like PC gaming, I just haven’t dug into it like I should have. Also think monitor is great for FPS but my preference is TV for almost everything else. My only issue is that I don’t like moving my consoles multiple times so I tend to stick with my monitors.

20211230_000303.jpg

Anyone who doesn't admit PC gaming is as good as it gets really just doesn't know any better, so I excuse their ignorance.

PC gaming is pretty superior. One of the reasons I'd probably never get a Xbox. Especially (also) now that I see they're providing the games for xcloud where you don't even need the console.

As good as that is, connecting the PC to a big OLED tv is the way to go. A monitor can not compare.

20211230_000303.jpg

Anyone who doesn't admit PC gaming is as good as it gets really just doesn't know any better, so I excuse their ignorance.
It’s an honor to have my post on display in your home :smokin

For real though, I wasn’t downplaying PC gaming. I fully admit it’s the best gaming platform. Aside from the Sony exclusives, the only thing that keeps me on console is the fact that majority of the people I play with, cannot afford a gaming PC

Nah yall wilding

Monitors really only way to go. Dont think ill ever go back to a TV

Home theater does sound dope though
This.

Big screen gaming is cool for the flex and relaxing idea but if you are competitive or play ranked modes almost at all please don’t do it on your big TV. It’s likely you’re dog water because of it, or at least to some degree.

Switching from even a small TV to a 1ms gaming monitor changed my whole ability to play FPS.

20211230_000303.jpg

Gawd damn what you need all them boxes for Craig? You buildin a clubhouse?

Speakers towers, pc tower, sub box I imagine on the left, Jesus. Lots going on here lol

Honestly the only thing I have hooked up to a big tv is my Ps5 and that’s to play nba 2k with my homies… and it’s horrendous and they love it..

This.

Big screen gaming is cool for the flex and relaxing idea but if you are competitive or play ranked modes almost at all please don’t do it on your big TV. It’s likely you’re dog water because of it, or at least to some degree.

Switching from even a small TV to a 1ms gaming monitor changed my whole ability to play FPS.
My LG Cx9 OLED tv has pretty negligible input lag, it's only a 48 inch. Between 6 and 14ms in 4k depending on the settings isn't that big of a deal. I barely notice the difference with my 1ms monitor that I used for my XB1.

On Mortal Kombat my timing needs to be pinpoint accurate down to 1 ms and that hasn't been an issue on the new tv.

Last edited:
The moral of the story is it's a computer. You can game, go online, do spreadsheets and everything else your heart desires with more real estate for your eyes.

I do this a lot when I have to use those shady websites to watch sports. Hook up a laptop to the TV and you're good to go.

The moral of the story is it's a computer. You can game, go online, do spreadsheets and everything else your heart desires with more real estate for your eyes.

I do this a lot when I have to use those shady websites to watch sports. Hook up a laptop to the TV and you're good to go.
I’m more of a Mac OS fan.. if I need to stream to my TV I just screen mirror and it’s dope af lol

I have played with the idea of a gaming PC to play controller and just get the best quality game I can play but with the Series X playing Infinite better than PC rn.. why bother

You cant beat the value of a SX or PS5, especially since new GPUs are even harder to find than these consoles and are more expensive retail and still require more components. If you cant poney up the $$$$ for a prebuild then it is a moot point, but if you really care to have the best of all worlds and dont mind paying a little more then the advantages are undeniable.

My girl needs a monitor for her office. I actually gave her my other HP Omen 25L that I threw my old 980 Ti in, which is still over kill for what she's gonna be using it for. Anyway, I am trying to decide if I get her one, how much I want to spend on it. I know it's not gonna be worth getting her a really nice gaming monitor with g-sync and all that good stuff, she's just gonna want something fairly big... but it hurts me not to buy quality ****. I wonder if I would ever use it to game on at all... probably not. Not about that desk life anymore.

same. 32”.

With my set-up, I can easily switch to a 65” 120hz big screen if I want to, it just never happens. My brain has become accustomed to a blazing fast display…. Amongst other things that the G7 offers.

I am on the 28”.

Is the 32” 4K?

My girl needs a monitor for her office. I actually gave her my other HP Omen 25L that I threw my old 980 Ti in, which is still over kill for what she's gonna be using it for. Anyway, I am trying to decide if I get her one, how much I want to spend on it. I know it's not gonna be worth getting her a really nice gaming monitor with g-sync and all that good stuff, she's just gonna want something fairly big... but it hurts me not to buy quality ****. I wonder if I would ever use it to game on at all... probably not. Not about that desk life anymore.
It hurts me buy a cheap cut of steak, or overcook any steak.

That being said, my wife can’t tell the difference between a marbled ribeye and a $3 round eye cut. She also prefers them well done or close to it.

Why would I spend $15 on a good steak for her if she’s just as happy with one I spend $3 on? And I feel less bad about ruining a $3 steak.

Same logic, I feel, applies here. Save ya some money and get yourself somethin nice, pleighboi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom