Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
MS may pull out of UK entirely if they see this deal as more valuable than doing business there. Anyway this just hurts the UK regarding tech investments in the future.

The blocked the deal not because of the console market. They dropped their concerns about COD

They blocked the deal because they think it would make MS to powerful in the cloud gaming market. :smh: :lol:

They realized that Sony (and their fanboys) complaints about monopoly were stupid. But accepted Google's arguments

Seems like they just wanted to kill this deal. And this is the much stronger argument.

The blocked the deal not because of the console market. They dropped their concerns about COD

They blocked the deal because they think it would make MS to powerful in the cloud gaming market. :smh: :lol:

They realized that Sony (and their fanboys) complaints about monopoly were stupid. But accepted Google's arguments

Seems like they just wanted to kill this deal. And this is the much stronger argument.
UK gonna UK. This is just going to hurt them even more regarding tech investments

Even after all the cloud deals MS cut.

I'm reading the summary of the decision and they went sounding like Sony lawyers writing it, to sounding like Google's lawyers writing it.

They say there deals to put games on other cloud platforms doesn't matter. One issue is that MS does make a Linux version of their games.

They are concerned with a MS monopoly in the future. But there is a part where they address MS wanting to build an app store to compete with Apple and Google.

And they essential say they don't care because those companies policies make it impossible for another app store to survive. Conceding they have a monopoly. But not acknowledging they have the power to change that policy.

So basically, the feel that need to prevent MS from becoming a monopoly in one market. And they don't care about them challenging bigger monopolies in bigger markets.

They also dismiss all the benefits to consumers by saying it is irrelevant, because Activision will do them by themselves.... eventually.

I thought MS might just pull out this deal but they might have to challenge this decision on principle.

I'm reading the summary of the decision and they went sounding like Sony lawyers writing it, to sounding like Google's lawyers writing it.

They say there deals to put games on other cloud platforms doesn't matter. One issue is that MS does make a Linux version of their games.

They are concerned with a MS monopoly in the future. But there is a part where they address MS wanting to build an app store to compete with Apple and Google.

And they essential say they don't care because those companies policies make it impossible for another app store to survive. Conceding they have a monopoly. But not acknowledging they have the power to change that policy.

So basically, the feel that need to prevent MS from becoming a monopoly in one market. And they don't care about them challenging bigger monopolies in bigger markets.

They also dismiss all the benefits to consumers by saying it is irrelevant, because Activision will do them by themselves.... eventually.

I thought MS might just pull out this deal but they might have to challenge this decision on principle.
Oh no they def have to challenge for precedent. If CMA can just nix any MS acquisition on the basis of “ cloud” then there will be an issue. This is bigger than Xbox now

Oh no they def have to challenge for precedent. If CMA can just nix any MS acquisition on the basis of “ cloud” then there will be an issue. This is bigger than Xbox now
Yeah they have to appeal because the arguments it make are really bad for them specifically.

The decision reads like Sony and Tencent can buy anything it wants, but MS can't buy anything of relevance because of cloud.

It bakes in Sony's market dominance in console, it protects Google's marketplace, all because MS has Azure and could leverage that to dominate the cloud market in the future.

It doesn't read like "these are our general principles on gaming and tech" kinda decision. It reads like a "**** Microsoft" type decision.

Yeah they have to appeal because the arguments it make are really bad for them specifically.

The decision reads like Sony and Tencent can buy anything it wants, but MS can't buy anything of relevance because of cloud.

It bakes in Sony's market dominance in console, it protects Google's marketplace, all because MS has Azure and could leverage that to dominate the cloud market in the future.

It doesn't read like "these are our general principles on gaming and tech" kinda decision. It reads like a "**** Microsoft" type decision.
It’s screw big tech but only MS and Facebook. Heck Sony just bought another studio last week

Going by this ruling, it’s a miracle the CMA passed Bethesda off to the EC because they likely would’ve blocked that as well

Also it rewards incompetence. Sony bought gaikai and invested it it before MS started their cloud gaming push. But Sony sucked at it and basically brushed it to the side cause the PS4 was doing great.

B blakep267

I agree with almost everything you said.

But come on... Firewalk hasnt even made game yet. :lol: Not exactly on the Activision level.

I will admit Microsoft seems to be getting a ton of litigation dumped on them for what appears to be spite more than anything else.

I was really hopeful Sony and Microsoft would have continued to be somewhat cooperative, as they showed before this acquisition. Sony has pretty much ensured that the "bitter rival" tag will stay for many years to come, regardless of outcome.

One of the things about this decision I laughed at in that the two biggest people opposing it were Sony and Google

Two companies that entered cloud gaming before MS and both eventually flamed out. MS has it's dominant market position in this small market mainly because of their failures

Then the CMA uses that fact to block this deal. :lol:

Cold world

One of the things about this decision I laughed at in that the two biggest people opposing it were Sony and Google

Two companies that entered cloud gaming before MS and both eventually flamed out. MS has it's dominant market position in this small market mainly because of their failures

shaking-head-disappointed.gif

EYE personally think that right moment in time would be right now for respawn to make something happen with TF3

Apex is at a very stale state currently and the Pros are even pretty fed up.. its been what 4+ years so far and not much has changed

cheaters are getting worse, Ranked is losing is steam, DDOS servers still a thing etc

A 3rd party made something called Realm Royale because people were so fed up with how rank system was going

this is ONLY for apex preds and pros though

that is true

just alone with these small events they do its $140/160 to buy everything just to get that main item

lets not even talk about the Heirlooms that are legit $500.. let me say that again $500 dollar for a ingame item that is only a cosmetic lol

youd think this was CS:GO and the buyers/sellers market

******* EA greedy mothafuclkers

Back
Top Bottom