OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

I'm okay with the Orange box. I just don't want another increase on the kobe VI when that releases.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Check your local nordstrom rack my boy just scooped me a pair of inlines for 50 bucks.

what size did you get? im asking since its usually the bigger sizes that i've seen at nordstrom racks

I wear a 13. He said there were only 2 left. 11.5 and a 13 and they come with the original box but the top is ripped off

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Its possible that inlines and v-days will hit outlets soon. Look at eastbay letting you use discount codes on them. You still cant even use discount codes on ivs there.

Inline's were @ the Sawgrass outlet last week.  Call em, they may still have some ($100).

I don't care how the LeBron PS is... They suck He Sucks! Keep that in the other thread.

Originally Posted by GZA73

I don't care how the LeBron PS is... They suck He Sucks! Keep that in the other thread.

laugh.gif

and no fancy box please.  I still don't understand the need of a nicer box.. You don't wear it..

I don't need a fancy box, although I wouldn't mind a more rigid box. Nike and NSW boxes might as well be paper. JB and LBJ boxes are much more sturdy, and makes it easy to stack them to the ceiling.

Originally Posted by abstractability

Originally Posted by GZA73

laugh.gif

and no fancy box please.  I still don't understand the need of a nicer box.. You don't wear it..

THIS!!!

just happened to buy my second pair of DKs while here on vacation in the philippines. toby's in sm bacoor for those that know where that is. i bought their only sz. 10.0 by the way.
smile.gif

about the box. i want a kobe box...maybe something like nike had for the asia release huarache 2k4's or even like for the airmax 360s when they first came out. the box for manny's 2010 trainers would be a good starting point for a kobe box.

for those on here saying that the box doesn't matter...please take all your shoes out of those "who-cares-about-the-box?" boxes and recycle them.

youre missing the point. of course they need to be ina  box.  but i could give a %!$@ if they are in a plain cardboard box w a handwritten "kobe v" on it.  the box to me is for storage and thats it, i dont care how it looks. and the plainer the better if it keeps the price down.

Enough with the box talk, seems like we get this every month. There's always ways to make storing your kicks stabler. Store each pair of kicks in a plastic storage bin then.  The cost of the bins is probably equivalent to how much Nike would charge for a nice box.  I'm not hatin', I'm just giving you guys options.

Yes, the box thing is coming up every month if not more often.  Does the "special box" add something to the "presentation" aspect of collecting kicks?  Absolutely.  Is it essential?  Absolutely not.  Are the Pacquiao, Lebron, ASG, SB, etc... other boxes nice and catchy- I will be the first to say that I think they are very cool.  All that aside, I think the idea of keeping great quality kicks accessible to the "masses" is a great idea and applaud the Kobe line and KD line for keeping it "pretty affordable".  Lets just be very honest with ourselves.  Unless you are very large and "lebron-like" is the technology involved in his latest sig shoe all that pertinent to you and your game, or are you better suited to play in the KB5 or KD2?  More than likely, for 75-80 % of us the technology in the Kobes and Durants are totally workable and perhaps even better than what the 160.00 shoe has to offer.  I am not knocking it, its a beautiful shoe in its own right, and I think the box is lovely, but IMO, keep the 80-130 shoes in the "standard" boxes coming so we can all have a piece of the pie and not feel like our wallets are taking a huge hit each and every month, season, year, or whatever it may be.  For that matter-just bring back the "retro" Force or AIR box and keep it simple!

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Yes, the box thing is coming up every month if not more often.  Does the "special box" add something to the "presentation" aspect of collecting kicks?  Absolutely.  Is it essential?  Absolutely not.  Are the Pacquiao, Lebron, ASG, SB, etc... other boxes nice and catchy- I will be the first to say that I think they are very cool.  All that aside, I think the idea of keeping great quality kicks accessible to the "masses" is a great idea and applaud the Kobe line and KD line for keeping it "pretty affordable".  Lets just be very honest with ourselves.  Unless you are very large and "lebron-like" is the technology involved in his latest sig shoe all that pertinent to you and your game, or are you better suited to play in the KB5 or KD2?  More than likely, for 75-80 % of us the technology in the Kobes and Durants are totally workable and perhaps even better than what the 160.00 shoe has to offer.  I am not knocking it, its a beautiful shoe in its own right, and I think the box is lovely, but IMO, keep the 80-130 shoes in the "standard" boxes coming so we can all have a piece of the pie and not feel like our wallets are taking a huge hit each and every month, season, year, or whatever it may be.  For that matter-just bring back the "retro" Force or AIR box and keep it simple!
Well said Rich.  I agree completely.

bring on the Del sols and MLKs, and 1 pair of the miles..... and i think im ready for the ZK6..... other than that... im Nikeid'ing all my zk5

Back
Top Bottom