[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
logged in today to see i had to catch up on 8 pages, i was like who did we sign???

dudes catching feelings over candy, 
mean.gif

oh and btw, hi-chews over anything ftw

There were reports of him being lazy, out of shape, and/or problematic when the lockout ended. Kupchak traded him after the failed CP3 trade because he could tell LO was gonna be even more of a problem. LO was gonna be what he was on Dallas more or less if he had stayed.

honestly tho, i dgaf what kupchak thinks. dude is a bum to me right now. he makes stupid decision after stupid decision (hiring dantoni (like, why would u hire the dude? because he was an asst. coach for team USA? like, is it cause dantoni is at the phase of his coaching career where he actually has to prove himself as a HC, therefore making him hungrier than ever to show the world he can coach a championship team? yes, im mad.). he is lucky his sister is bout to marry phil cause lord knows where hell get his basketball advice from
So much wrong with that statement.....

You mean to say Jim Buss instead.

D'Antoni was hired after studying Dwight and trying to find the BEST coach for him.. One that would maximize his play.

Also let's just gloss over JERRY BUSS WANTED MIKE D'ANTONI.
for sure, my thoughts are clouded and i dont know who to blame so im just throwing out big names of the FO. but im just hot and bothered that we are wasting kobes precious time with this new rebuilding stage of ours, thats all..

honestly tho, i dgaf what kupchak thinks. dude is a bum to me right now.

It was more than a matter of opinion though. They shipped out LO because he was clearly gonna be a problem on some level. Him becoming a lazy whale didn't happen just because of the CP3 trade or the Dallas trade, it was there before. At least according to reports at the time.

All this is relevant cause it's looking like the Lakers might sign him

US Weekly reported it was close. Not saying it's reputable (it's US Weekly), but it's just a sign of things when celebrity gossip magazines are reporting on possible Laker news...

signing LO is huge, IMO. he's a natural point forward who can also provide frontcourt help. a motivated in shape LO is better than any player we couldve brought in. 

averages of 8 and 8 sound real productive to me. he'll be embraced by the fans and will help out his mental approach.

dang, tony douglas signed with GSW. really thought we could snatch him up. good young energy guy to back up nash ( blake could slide to the 2) originally drafted by the lakers but traded to NYK

I was wrong about 2015. Love/Rondo may not be the target.

Love/Kyrie, reportedly is the target.

I humbly apologize for leading anyone astray.

Bron/Melo 2014
Love/Kyrie 2015

Get any 2 of those 4 + a potential high draft pick, in 2014, we should be back in business by Oct 2015.

Rondo could be a fallback if we miss on Kyrie at least. :nerd:

Honestly if we're gonna "tank"...and trust me I don't want to but...if we're gonna tank anyways, we might as well trade Nash now. It would be the smart thing to so.

See if you could squeeze a 1st rounder in 2014 for him.
Get him to a team that's built to win now and is missing a PG. Maybe the Knicks, honestly seems like a good for their system. He'd take pressure off of Melo having to dribble up the court, he'd get him the ball in good spots.
He'd help JR get better looks. Mentor Felton a bit.

Sounds like the perfect situation IMO.

You guys know I don't like hypothetical unrealistic situations...usually a waste of time. But this one would make a lotta sense for both us and the Knicks.

Knicks have a chance (small or not) in the east, especially with Nash.

We don't have a chance in the west at all.

So you might as well let Blake take control of the team for the year and Set yourself up even better for 2014.

And trust me it pains me to even talk "tank," I've made it clear I'm not a fan of this "plan"...but if we suck so bad and are gonna lose no matter what, we might as well get whatever we can in the mean time.

/end CP-like fantasy post

Bron/Melo 2014
Love/Kyrie 2015

Get any 2 of those 4 + a potential high draft pick, in 2014, we should be back in business by Oct 2015.

Rondo could be a fallback if we miss on Kyrie at least.
nerd.gif
Where is this reportedly info coming from?

Trade Nash/Pau at deadline when teams see if they have a legit chance at something. Better chance at plucking from desperate teams.

Bron/Melo 2014

Love/Kyrie 2015

Rondo could be a fallback if we miss on Kyrie at least. :nerd:
Where is this reportedly info coming from?

I get all my NBA knowledge from Chris Broussard.

Trade Nash/Pau at deadline when teams see if they have a legit chance at something. Better chance at plucking from desperate teams.

Are you happy that at least I'm beginning to think 2014?

I'm not giving up on 2013 by any means. Still gonna root for W's, still wanna see us win.

But 2014 has become more appealing to me. So if we do end up losing a lot, which is likely, I'd be more than happy to see Nash or Pau traded at the deadline.

But for NOTHING LESS than at least a 1st rounder.

Nash I'd trade... Pau I would not trade... You don't want to piss him off because you could get him back 2014 for a huge discount

Kyrie would need to play out his rookie contract through 2016 without signing any offer sheets (which Cleveland would match) or extensions

Lakers might have a crack at him in 2015 for 3 days... then Cleveland would match.

Last edited:
Especially if we are completely trash. Nash may get a contender to bite i.e. Knicks, Pacers, Spurs, Bulls.

Pau I hope stays around..and I've wavered back and forth on him, but he's a loyal serviceable big who wants to be here, that is hard to find.

Last edited:
Listening to a lil LA sports radio yesterday can I ask a question? Why does the Lakers organization from a fan standpoint feel as if they need to run to Phil every time there seems as if trouble is on the horizon? Is Jim Buss THAT bad of a guy? He doesn't seem to come off as the Jim Dolan/Jerry Jones type.

Listening to a lil LA sports radio yesterday can I ask a question? Why does the Lakers organization from a fan standpoint feel as if they need to run to Phil every time there seems as if trouble is on the horizon? Is Jim Buss THAT bad of a guy? He doesn't seem to come off as the Jim Dolan/Jerry Jones type.
Phil is like Jesus to Laker fans. 

He's not even close to one of those guys..

And why they run to Phil? Track record and success is pretty much all that needs to be said

People are addicted to Phil cuz of his greatness.

When Riley left, we still had Jerry Buss and Jerry West along with an in his prime Magic. We were fine.

This time with Phil leaving, we are on less stable footing as people do not yet trust Jim Buss, although Mitch has proven to be extremely awesome, and Kobe is past his prime.

Phil is going to get a front office spot somewhere in the building, just not sure where yet. He + Jim + Mitch + Jeanie will work in some capacity, it's about the right fits at this point.

Essential, I hear ya on Pau, but if I can get a pick(s) out of him, I have to do it. Got to.

Cheap(er) may not be "Cheap" ya know what I mean? Pau at 2 mil a year, great, sign me up. What if he asks for 9 mil? At 33-34. **** that. I'm not tryna hear that.

So if I can be given any sort of pick(s)/assets right then and there, he's got to go.

I'm borderline ready to flip Kobe if I thought the fanbase/this thread would survive.

Give me a minute I'll sell some banners. I don't give a ****. Rebuild = everything with value must go. (within reason) Plenty of teams would buy some banners off us. :lol:

Maybe we could retire Kobe's jersey on the Clippers side of the wall. Or at the Hawks stadium. Maybe in Madison Square. Get some assets that way. Some second round picks, little spending money, why not? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom