[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Nash/Pau at deadline when teams see if they have a legit chance at something. Better chance at plucking from desperate teams.
:stoneface: teams that have a legit chance to win = late first round pick = not helpful, at all

It's very helpful. You just have to think more like a GM.

2 late 1st round picks can be traded for a much higher 1st round pick.

Any asset is valuable. All 1st round picks are assets. Whether for players or cash.

Gotta think outside the box bro.

Trade Nash/Pau at deadline when teams see if they have a legit chance at something. Better chance at plucking from desperate teams.
:stoneface: teams that have a legit chance to win = late first round pick = not helpful, at all

You created a new SN to type that **** at me?

Late first round pick(s) for a ****** 40 year old? You think that's a bad idea?

Don't make a second post bruh, retire now while you're still behind.

Essential, I hear ya on Pau, but if I can get a pick(s) out of him, I have to do it. Got to.

Cheap(er) may not be "Cheap" ya know what I mean? Pau at 2 mil a year, great, sign me up. What if he asks for 9 mil? At 33-34. **** that. I'm not tryna hear that.

So if I can be given any sort of pick(s)/assets right then and there, he's got to go.

I'm borderline ready to flip Kobe if I thought the fanbase/this thread would survive.

Give me a minute I'll sell some banners. I don't give a ****. Rebuild = everything with value must go. (within reason) Plenty of teams would buy some banners off us. :lol:

Maybe we could retire Kobe's jersey on the Clippers side of the wall. Or at the Hawks stadium. Maybe in Madison Square. Get some assets that way. Some second round picks, little spending money, why not? :lol:

But the problem is... Is that Pau is $19mil... That pick(s) come with multiple year contracts, many of which will have little value if you are asking for 1st Round Picks..

Then if you want to unload those contracts you got back for Pau, it will cost you picks.

It's a reverse cycle that has you going backwards

Last edited:
:lol: okay bro.

I guess you're just someone who made a new screen name to come in here and be hella negative towards all of us.

I'm sorry you're not impressed by our opinions. We should all bow down to you and your new name. You are a man amongst boys in here.

*all hail LakeShow24*

Essential, I hear ya on Pau, but if I can get a pick(s) out of him, I have to do it. Got to.

Cheap(er) may not be "Cheap" ya know what I mean? Pau at 2 mil a year, great, sign me up. What if he asks for 9 mil? At 33-34. **** that. I'm not tryna hear that.

So if I can be given any sort of pick(s)/assets right then and there, he's got to go.

I'm borderline ready to flip Kobe if I thought the fanbase/this thread would survive.

Give me a minute I'll sell some banners. I don't give a ****. Rebuild = everything with value must go. (within reason) Plenty of teams would buy some banners off us. :lol:

Maybe we could retire Kobe's jersey on the Clippers side of the wall. Or at the Hawks stadium. Maybe in Madison Square. Get some assets that way. Some second round picks, little spending money, why not? :lol:

But the problem is... Is that Pau is $19mil... That pick(s) come with multiple year contracts, many of which will have little value if you are asking for 1st Round Picks..

Then if you want to unload those contracts you got back for Pau, it will cost you picks.

It's a reverse cycle that has you going backwards

Unless it's another expiring body coming back. My sale point is Pau who can play, for an RJ type epiring that can't play. (Not RJ himself, just a body on the bench with an expiring deal)

I haven't gone thru the league to see who fits/matches, but you get the idea.

If you're the 3 seed with two corpses on the bench that expire in 3 months, and you can get Pau who also expires, but it costs you the "23rd" pick or maybe (hopefully for you) the 30th pick, you do that, right?

Right.

The ones with the new SN's that come in barkin about stuff you don't understand, please at least use a clever handle.

IHaveNoBrain24

TalkinOutMyButtHole32

YoullNeverGuessWhoIAm23

BrainIsSmallMouthIsBig16

Something like that. Do somethin to at least catch our eye, make us laugh.

Yup, the only team that knows this upcoming class is strong are the Lakers. Everyone else is super eager to give away lottery picks in the 2014 draft..

**** like this is just annoying. We aren't trading for LOTTERY picks bright guy, late round firsts = late round firsts. Those things you say are of no value, tell that to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

Tell Serge Ibaka that.

Marc Gasol (2nd round)

Stop bein lame and wasting our ************* time. Know what you're speakin or go hang out in the Pistons thread. (there isn't one)

Last edited:
Yup, the only team that knows this upcoming class is strong are the Lakers. Everyone else is super eager to give away lottery picks in the 2014 draft..

I thought we were talking about late first round picks?

And just because the pick doesn't yield a budding star doesn't mean they're "not helpful, at all."

Especially to a team like the Lakers - which have zero assets on the roster (unless you consider Sacre someone who can turn into a solid role player) and, on top of that, no first round picks in 2015 and 17 to get some assets in those years.

If the team is going nowhere by the deadline, and teams are willing to jump on Nash or Pau to help their own playoff pushes out in exchange for some picks, the Lakers have to consider it. They need to start a foundation somewhere. Because beyond this core - the core that has a shelf life of one more year MAYBE - the Lakers are dry. They have cap space to build a new team, but they can't just ignore the other half of the process - the draft - if they get a chance to build through that as well.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Pau retiring as a Laker.

I would to, especially if it meant him coming back on the cheap along the way, and playing as a vet big man next to some stars we sign with the cap space.

But the Lakers are in a tough position with the future of their roster - no solid young guys already, no picks in two crucial years - so they'll be facing some tough decisions on how to start building a new foundation. Trading Pau might be one of those tough decisions, unfortunately. If the right type of deal comes along.

Last edited:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 7m
A few free agents still out there who I've been told all have interest in the Lakers: Raja Bell, Kenyon Martin, Bobby Brown

I would love Bobby Brown. He would be a one-year signing to buy the time until next summer, just like the other two... but he also has the potential to be one of those Spurs-style finds and could stick around for cheap.

I would to, especially if it meant him coming back on the cheap along the way, and playing as a vet big man next to some stars we sign with the cap space.

But the Lakers are in a tough position with the future of their roster - no solid young guys already, no picks in two crucial years - so they'll be facing some tough decisions on how to start building a new foundation. Trading Pau might be one of those tough decisions, unfortunately. If the right type of deal comes along.
i really like pau too!!

but your second paragraph is exactly how i feel..i saw the write up by cp about our late round draft success since the 80s, but thats a biiiig sample size, i really dont see a late rounder coming in next year that can be a game changer until our current window closes...(window closes when kobe retires imo).

yea we will have more money than anyone else, with nobody on contract but none of that matters if dudes are turning down 30m NOT to be a laker...i think the climate of the NBA has changed, nd i dont think the luster of being a Laker is enough to sway the prime players anymore...like, we would need to have something solid in place to lure the big names...mr buss and dantoni will most certainly turn alot of folks off...like it did recently..

all my hopes rest on mitch + kobe...i never ever waver in my confidence of mitch..nd if kobe can somehow lure a big name here(i hate melo but if GLADLY take him) then we can cook....

oatmeal pies and nutty buddys are the GOAT snacks...nothing beats 25 cents!

If MWP is amnestied.. He may retire.. From Arash Markazi..

Poor MWP
frown.gif
poor mwp? 

he won a ring, he did what he said he would do and delivered.

he can focus on his venture in the music industry, become a boxer...and so on.

just imagine...

3olqub.jpg

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 7m
A few free agents still out there who I've been told all have interest in the Lakers: Raja Bell, Kenyon Martin, Bobby Brown

I would love Bobby Brown. He would be a one-year signing to buy the time until next summer, just like the other two... but he also has the potential to be one of those Spurs-style finds and could stick around for cheap.

where the guy who said kenyon martin didnt have interest in the lakers?

center position was pretty set but they go and get kaman instead of guys like martin and odom who can play the power forward and small forward position. now we dont even have a small forward anymore :lol:

would be funny of they try to play kelly at small forward lol

if we have a losing record/out of playoff contention near trade deadline i think they should move nash and pau for whatever they can get first or second rounders

these two guys are on their last legs and if we can get anything for them its a plus. pau is a couple more season from being vlade divac in his last season serviceable

Don't feel sorry for Metta.
That guy lives life to the fullest.
I'm sure whether he stays in the league or not he'll be Havin the time of his life everyday :lol:

And yes to Kenyon for the minimum.
NO to raja even if he was only for a Snickers bar.
NO for free too.

And Bobby Brown plays basketball as well as sing? Who knew? :nerd:

If they're going after Lamar & Kenyon... Jordan Hill will get the axe.

I guess assets are assets.. But Meeks & Hill are two guys that I think should be carried over into 2014. Not as we have $55mil in cap space let's sign them.. More like we have $5mil left, let's keep these two. Now we have the full MLE let's get a 6th man.

Last edited:
I'd rather MWP retire than to see him on another team. In his time spent here he easily became one of my favorite Lakers, despite how frustrating he was at times on the court :lol:

Here's to you metta :pimp:

Last edited:
If they're going after Lamar & Kenyon... Jordan Hill will get the axe.

I guess assets are assets.. But Meeks & Hill are two guys that I think should be carried over into 2014.

well now since they signed that got damn creature from germany

Stay away from Hedo, Mitch!

I know there's a good chance you'll look at him when he gets bought out. Because he's a "vet." Because you'll be able to sign him on the cheap on a one-year deal. Because he's a "name" so Kobe, Pau, and Nash (who he worked horribly with) will have someone to play with.

Just say no. Drugs are bad, signing Hedo would be worse.

Am I the only one that did not comprehend anything Essntial just said in his last post? *scratches head*

Hill could end up being odd man out if we get Lamar & Kenyon... I think Meeks & Hill are two guys that should be on the roster past 2013-14 season..

Say we cut Nash and have $57mil in Cap Space... You spend the first $50+ mil on your cornerstones..

You have $5mil left in cap space. You keep guys like Meeks & Jordan Hill.. To be maybe 7th & 8th man in the rotation..

Now you have the Full Mid-Level Exception, Veteran's Minimum and S&T.. To fill out the rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom