[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness gracious I just watched that Nelly segment, that **** was atrocious :smh:

I respect his honesty on a public stage, but tone that saltiness down. Dude was hopping out of his seat half the time and just yelling over peoples responses. Subjective arguments with no real evidence or backing to them. I didn't necessarily agree with most of his points but I see what he was trying to get at, the way he expressed it came off as a salty *** dude though.

Stephen A: "If you'd actually listen you'd realize I am agreeing with you" :lol:

Last edited:
So Nick Van Exel has been mentioned in a few threads here recently, and I youtubed some stuff.

There's Beyond the Glory on Youtube, made me really nostalgic. Crazy how he got a max deal from Denver.

Then I read up on how his son was convicted of murder and got 60 years 
mean.gif

I guess he is now an assistant coach with the Bucks. Seems like he never got his act together as a player which is a shame. On Wiki it said that he got a few techs while playing with the Spurs in the playoffs which cost them the series. Lol

Then I remember how he clashed with Del Harris and Kobe/Shaq. Lol at this interview that I found

Last edited:
"Still mouthing off after I sent him out to Denver....Like i said, I was gonna send him. To Denver". :rofl:

There were 49 free agents who recorded a positive plus-minus last season, and 18 of them – including a pair who made a strong impact – remain.

Highest plus-minus, remaining free agents

Player Old Team GP +/- OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg
Lamar Odom LAC 82 +296 104.9 95.4 +9.5
Devin Harris ATL 58 +155 105.2 97.9 +7.3
Gary Neal SAS 68 +101 105.4 101.4 +4.0
Brandan Wright DAL 64 +100 107.9 102.8 +5.1
Derek Fisher OKC 33 +64 107.2 100.7 +6.5
Kenyon Martin NYK 18 +58 109.8 101.4 +8.4
Rodrigue Beaubois DAL 45 +36 102.8 99.3 +3.5
Nate Robinson CHI 82 +32 101.9 101.9 +0.0
Mike James DAL 45 +30 106.8 103.8 +3.0
Jerry Stackhouse BKN 37 +27 103.0 104.6 -1.7

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/16/whos-left-a-look-at-the-numbers/?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

Any word yet on Odom? Is he still waiting on the Clips?

It's sad to hear if you watch the beyond the glory on van exel before watching that interview lol. You almost feel bad for van exel but then you realize he's just a knucklehead

Van Exel was my dude... Loved his idgaf attitude, though he pissed me off sometimes when he'd pull up on a 1-5 fast break for a 30 foot three, lol. But I always defended him, and appreciated how he didn't complain when he was a backup to D-Fish during the year he made the all star team.
But once he started mouthing off about cancun, and even that interview posted, I viewed him like I view Dwight now.
Though i still Appreciate those clutch shots against s.a. Boston, and even that gw against Minnesota when magic was coach.

Van Exel was my dude... Loved his idgaf attitude, though he pissed me off sometimes when he'd pull up on a 1-5 fast break for a 30 foot three, lol. But I always defended him, and appreciated how he didn't complain when he was a backup to D-Fish during the year he made the all star team.
But once he started mouthing off about cancun, and even that interview posted, I viewed him like I view Dwight now.
Though i still Appreciate those clutch shots against s.a. Boston, and even that gw against Minnesota when magic was coach.
how about shooting free throws 2 ft behind the line haha. most dudes are edging their toes as close to it as they can can this dude is as far as he can be

I don't see it actually happening but I'd pay to see the rest of the league go crazy if they pulled it off.

espn: sources say that the lakers will pursue lebron and carmelo next summer.

Chris-Broussard-Sources.jpg

[quote name="franc"]espn: sources say that the lakers will pursue lebron and carmelo next summer.

Chris-Broussard-Sources.jpg

[/quote] seen this pic before, but just now realized that he is simultaneously looking two of those multiple sources dead in the eye. I'll be damned. :wow:

So in all seriousness why would Lebron want to come play for the Lakers?

I know he wants to be a billionaire
I know hes into the Hollywood scene
He will probably get even more endorsements

But will coming to the Lakers and playing with Kobe and Melo hurt his legacy?

He played for the Cavs and the Heat. If he plays for his 3rd team is that a good thing?

Lebron can easily play with Kobe thats not an issue but how will both Kobe and Melo share the ball ?

[quote name="franc"]espn: sources say that the lakers will pursue lebron and carmelo next summer.
seen this pic before, but just now realized that he is simultaneously looking two of those multiple sources dead in the eye. I'll be damned. :wow:[/quote]Are you telling me multiple sources = 2?!?!?!?11!!!

So in all seriousness why would Lebron want to come play for the Lakers?

I know he wants to be a billionaire
I know hes into the Hollywood scene
He will probably get even more endorsements

But will coming to the Lakers and playing with Kobe and Melo hurt his legacy?

He played for the Cavs and the Heat. If he plays for his 3rd team is that a good thing?

Lebron can easily play with Kobe thats not an issue but how will both Kobe and Melo share the ball ?
He's actually not into the la scene.
I'm sure he's about his money but I don't think LeBron likes the bright lights atmosphere.
he spends his off seasons in Akron :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom