[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in all seriousness why would Lebron want to come play for the Lakers?

I know he wants to be a billionaire
I know hes into the Hollywood scene
He will probably get even more endorsements

But will coming to the Lakers and playing with Kobe and Melo hurt his legacy?

He played for the Cavs and the Heat. If he plays for his 3rd team is that a good thing?

Lebron can easily play with Kobe thats not an issue but how will both Kobe and Melo share the ball ?

Kobe doesn't care about his legacy at this point.. His spot is pretty much solidified... Only rings move him up.

Kobe doesn't care about his legacy at this point.. His spot is pretty much solidified... Only rings move him up.
he does care about his legacy. he has been on record saying he wouldnt linger in the league playing 10-15 minutes in pursuit of rings. he's no ray allen haha

he does care about his legacy. he has been on record saying he wouldnt linger in the league playing 10-15 minutes in pursuit of rings. he's no ray allen haha

Yes rings is what matters if he can fully contribute.. Staying as a starter having Bron & Melo come in I'm not sure he cares if that impacts his legacy

Do yall honestly think we'd keep Kobe if we happened to sign Melo and Bron? Serious question...

We're not.

But Laker fans love to live in a dream land and discuss every fantasy that comes to mind.

You eventually learn to kind of tune it out and just wait for a meaningful discussion to give an input for.

Last edited:
So in all seriousness why would Lebron want to come play for the Lakers?

I know he wants to be a billionaire
I know hes into the Hollywood scene
He will probably get even more endorsements

But will coming to the Lakers and playing with Kobe and Melo hurt his legacy?

He played for the Cavs and the Heat. If he plays for his 3rd team is that a good thing?

Lebron can easily play with Kobe thats not an issue but how will both Kobe and Melo share the ball ?

lebron is the best player in the world right now. he can do whatevr he wants and it wont look bad

but i think pat the rat would put a hit out on him before he ever lets him leave miami

lebron is the best player in the world right now. he can do whatevr he wants and it wont look bad

but i think pat the rat would put a hit out on him before he ever lets him leave miami
if push comes to shove and riley had to pick between wade and lebron. would he trade away wade?

he does seem to be fragile and might be fading.

Why would we even WANT both LeBron ANNNNNND Melo :smh:

I know I sure as hell wouldn't care for it :\

Last edited:
Why would we even WANT both LeBron ANNNNNND Melo
mean.gif

I know I sure as hell wouldn't care for it
ohwell.gif
if lebron decides to come to LA, theres no need for Melo unless they both want to play together and its a packaged deal.

id ideally like to see K Love out here in LA

Lebron, Wade and Bosh had such a good time in the Olympics they wanted to sign together and try to bring it to the NBA.

Now that Wade is breaking down and Bosh is Bosh, and Melo still seems to be in his prime... he could be looking to create the magic again.

Hell, as far as he knows, that's what needs to be done in order to win a championship in today's league.

Melo & Lebron would be an awesome fit if they played with their mindsets from the Olympics. Kobe too.

Last edited:
IMO Melo and Bron would have no problem playing together don't think it will ever happen but i think they coexist very well... Also Why do people keep clamoring over K.Love as if he's some kind of franchise player... He's a little better than David Lee if at all. He's TERRIBLE DEFENSIVELY, can shoot the rock and is a great rebounder... however he has yet to do anything when it comes to success of his team. and as a #1 option would leave LA at mediocrity for years.

If theirs anyone i want going foward that's actually obtainable it's John Wall/Paul George, these two in a backcourt together :smh:

Personally i do not want Lebron to sign with the Lakers. But if he does then whatever i still won't be a fan of him. However i wonder if Heat fans Lebron stans etc will become Lakers fan?

Vomit

This is gonna be a fun season.

Nothing but losing basketball games and discussing the pursuit of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony for a whole entire season.

Can't wait.

IMO Melo and Bron would have no problem playing together don't think it will ever happen but i think they coexist very well... Also Why do people keep clamoring over K.Love as if he's some kind of franchise player... He's a little better than David Lee if at all. He's TERRIBLE DEFENSIVELY, can shoot the rock and is a great rebounder... however he has yet to do anything when it comes to success of his team. and as a #1 option would leave LA at mediocrity for years.

If theirs anyone i want going foward that's actually obtainable it's John Wall/Paul George, these two in a backcourt together
mean.gif
Love wouldnt be the # 1 if he came to LA...why praise john wall, what has his team done? all im saying is love's productivity can compliment a legit #1. he is way better than david lee btw. 

look at david lee, he was a good player in NY, but there was no one there worth mentioning. Now that he is on the warriors WITH steph curry, klay thompson and barnes, his play greatly compliments theirs. 

Last edited:
I dunno if this was posted but the Lakers were expressing interest in James Johnson a few days ago.

A few of us were saying how he'd be solid. It'd be good to have a D-first wing, but I dunno if MDA would even play him.

Maybe next summer you can get him to stand near a basket, Lebron might have an urge to come dunk on him again and maybe sign a contract while up in the air.

If theirs anyone i want going foward that's actually obtainable it's John Wall/Paul George, these two in a backcourt together :smh:

:lol: at little better than David Lee. Jesus Christ.

Do you actually watch basketball, or.....?

Kevin Love when healthy is one of the 10 best players in the league.

You claiming he's "terrible defensively" is actually he's a little better than middle of the pack defensively. Not quite KG or Ibaka, but not that far behind them. If Ibaka is in that top 20 range, Love is just outside at top 30 range based on his metrics, which at this point I will take over your all caps opinion of his defensive prowess.

When you say he hasn't done anything yet in terms of team, HE PLAYS FOR MINNESOTA MAN. :lol: :lol: Are you freaking serious?

Not one, NOT ONE PERSON, has said let's sign Kevin Love and call it good, everybody has said, get a max this, get a max that, THEN, bring in a Kevin Love who would be a much better upgrade than say a Chris Bosh 3rd wheel type example. Do you get that?

And so you can do some reading up on the topic, the year before last (in which case he had a broken hand twice, which is very very random, but not an ACL or achilles which could be murder on a career) he was FOURTH in the NBA in win shares. Lebron, CP3, Durant, Love.

Now look at those names. 3 of them won a ton of games, on really good teams. Love didn't have a ton of wins, yet his numbers put him 4th in the entire NBA. Now surround him with talent, and what would that do?

David Lee. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lastly, Paul George is a SF now, not a SG. So he would not be in the backcourt with Wall, and since both are RFA's, you're wasting your time anyways as am I.

I dunno if this was posted but the Lakers were expressing interest in James Johnson a few days ago.

A few of us were saying how he'd be solid. It'd be good to have a D-first wing, but I dunno if MDA would even play him.

Maybe next summer you can get him to stand near a basket, Lebron might have an urge to come dunk on him again and maybe sign a contract while up in the air.
yeah i mentioned we should try and sign him, but that was prior to signing wesley johnson.

i still say try and sign him, we need depth especially if kobe cant recover in time to start the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom