[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Love is a top 10 player.... Top 10..... He's Not that far off from serge Ibaka
I wholeheartedly disagree with everything written in this post I am quoting.  Just absurdity at its finest.  Talking about statistics without context, and then saying Love has no impact on his terrible team winning.  Just silly.  Does David Lee have some huge impact on his team winning that I and the rest of NT is missing?  Did the Warriors not look better against the Nuggets in the playoffs than they looked all season long? 

David Lee wishes he was as good a player as Kevin Love is.

Oh look.

*BRB going to order hooked on phonics and study hard to be able to understand the 10 page essays CP is about to write in response to the David Lee post.*

Last edited:
for the record i have never said he was better than K.Love I said that k. Love isn't that much of a better player than David Lee..... But apparently Having a insane statline during a lockout and leading your team to an amazing 17 victories now makes you some sort of HOF talent. I mean its absurd to compare him to David Lee... But it's not absurd to say he's a notch down Defensively from a guy who already had a DPOY and one of the best all around defenders in NBA History (KG).

A guy who's never averaged above .5 blocks or .7 steals is suddenly a notch under some of the better defensive players in a long time :lol:

The fact that ya'll are even considerate of Kevin Love being top 10 is laughable within its own right. David Lee when placed on a horrible team and made the first option was avaeraging 20, 12, & 4 on damn near 55% shooting. He's done NOTHING to improve his team, but ya'll wanna celebrate his empty stats.

Also lets do a comparison to Blake Griffin who was proposed in a trade and ya'll claimed how much he sucked....

over the past three seasons

Blake Griffin..... 20.4 , 10.4, 3.6 on 53% from the floor
Kevin Love.... 21.5 , 14, 2.2 on 42% Shooting From the floor

One guy sucks yet the other guy is Top 10?

The Blake Griffin that gets to play with Chris Paul?

The Blake Griffin that already has missed a full season with a knee injury?

The Blake Griffin that is an even worse defender than Love?

The Blake Griffin that is learning how to shoot from 18 feet while Kevin Love was defeating Blake Griffin led teams with catch and shoot 27 foot 3 pointers?

But if we switched the two of them, SURELY Kevin Love wouldn't feast with Chris Paul feeding him. And of course, the Timberwolves would suddenly become monsters on the court with Blake running the ship.

You're making yourself look foolish bruh, please stop while you're behind.

Funny, I see no mention of the 2012-13, 18 game season in ANY of my posts.

So, yeah.....

Like I did say, him breaking his hand and rushing back is meaningless compared to an ACL type injury.
And yes, he is a top ten player, yet we, as Laker fans, wish to build around top 3 type talents, hence him being just a "3rd" wheel in a rebuild.

That's better than using the "10th" best player and building around him with Rudy Gay and Danny Granger, don't you think?

Kevin Garnett was a top 3 player in Minnesota and won jack.
The very year he left to play with a couple better players, he won the title.

So.......stop being unsmart and pointing at the TWolves franchise as to what kind of player Kevin Love is.

theirs a huge difference btwn making the playoffs and putting a team on your back and NEVER winning more than 31 games guy..... ALL NT does is criticize great players who can't win championships, but your going to sit here and praise a guy who can't even help his team get out of the BOTTOM of the conference yearly ?

Nobodies saying that he should be running the west with that squad but they aren't even a decent team..... If you have a top 10 player your not going to be a REPEAT bottom feeder his ENTIRE career.

for the record i have never said he was better than K.Love I said that k. Love isn't that much of a better player than David Lee..... But apparently Having a insane statline during a lockout and leading your team to an amazing 17 victories now makes you some sort of HOF talent. I mean its absurd to compare him to David Lee... But it's not absurd to say he's a notch down Defensively from a guy who already had a DPOY and one of the best all around defenders in NBA History (KG).

A guy who's never averaged above .5 blocks or .7 steals is suddenly a notch under some of the better defensive players in a long time :lol:

The fact that ya'll are even considerate of Kevin Love being top 10 is laughable within its own right. David Lee when placed on a horrible team and made the first option was avaeraging 20, 12, & 4 on damn near 55% shooting. He's done NOTHING to improve his team, but ya'll wanna celebrate his empty stats.

Lee been in the league for 8 years tho.

He's played in SIX, playoff games.

Empty stats bro? You throw empty stats at Kevin Love and his 4 full years in Minnesota, but hype David Lee? Today backwards day? :lol:

David Lee's career PER (which is used as a measure of a players contributions on the floor) is at 19. Very solid. Very good player.

Love, is at 22 currently, even after this injury plagued year, which is in the range of top 20-25 ALL TIME in terms of the history of the game.

You probably think 19-22 is not a big jump. It's the difference of about 60+ players or so. And again, that's with Kevin Love having not yet even entered his prime.

Should I continue?

Funny, I see no mention of the 2012-13, 18 game season in ANY of my posts.

So, yeah.....

Like I did say, him breaking his hand and rushing back is meaningless compared to an ACL type injury.
And yes, he is a top ten player, yet we, as Laker fans, wish to build around top 3 type talents, hence him being just a "3rd" wheel in a rebuild.

That's better than using the "10th" best player and building around him with Rudy Gay and Danny Granger, don't you think?

Kevin Garnett was a top 3 player in Minnesota and won jack.
The very year he left to play with a couple better players, he won the title.

So.......stop being unsmart and pointing at the TWolves franchise as to what kind of player Kevin Love is.

theirs a huge difference btwn making the playoffs and putting a team on your back and NEVER winning more than 31 games guy..... ALL NT does is criticize great players who can't win championships, but your going to sit here and praise a guy who can't even help his team get out of the BOTTOM of the conference yearly ?

Nobodies saying that he should be running the west with that squad but they aren't even a decent team..... If you have a top 10 player your not going to be a REPEAT bottom feeder his ENTIRE career.

Yes, we get pissed at guys that do not win titles, multiple titles even.

I did not realize that we get on guys that are 24 years old however.

Or maybe we should start yelling at Durant starting today, what do you think?

The Blake Griffin that gets to play with Chris Paul?

The Blake Griffin that already has missed a full season with a knee injury?

The Blake Griffin that is an even worse defender than Love?

The Blake Griffin that is learning how to shoot from 18 feet while Kevin Love was defeating Blake Griffin led teams with catch and shoot 27 foot 3 pointers?

But if we switched the two of them, SURELY Kevin Love wouldn't feast with Chris Paul feeding him. And of course, the Timberwolves would suddenly become monsters on the court with Blake running the ship.

You're making yourself look foolish bruh, please stop while you're behind.

YOUR FEEDING me nothing but stats sure K. Love Team would do great with CP3 would his stats be the same is the question... Rebounding, Points, Touches would all go down.

Blake would also be putting up pretty gaudy #'s if he went to a situation where everyone expected them to lose and was the # 1 option on a bad team. Hence his first season when he put up 22, 12, & 4 on 50% as a rookie on a team that had nobody on it and he was the main focus... & in that 1 season he has already surpassed the win total that K.Love has had in any of his 5 seasons.

But you hold on to your top 10 player who could hit 27 foot jumpers and see how well the lakers fare as a dominant franchise.

Yes, we get pissed at guys that do not win titles, multiple titles even.

I did not realize that we get on guys that are 24 years old however.

Or maybe we should start yelling at Durant starting today, what do you think?

Actually i'm in the off season thread and i see people blaming Durant & rose for losing to Lebron James in the Prime of his career so yea i think asking a top 10 player to win 35 games isn't really that taxing :rolleyes

i dont see any reason lebron would come to LA unless he would just love to live here

Could put the best roster around him... Depending on the amount of paycuts..

If Kobe & Pau took significant paycuts to build a superteam.. By far can put the best team around him.

If they don't take paycuts they can't

Last edited:
You don't like stats.

Ok, how bout opinions?

ESPN polled 104 NBA "experts" (don't blame me, 104 NBA minds, how's that?)

Kevin Love was ranked #7, in the entire NBA.

They ranked all the players all the way to 500.

He was #7.

Let me guess, you need more than that? :lol:

Got the Sporting News listing him as the #1 PF in the NBA, and although it goes to 10, I don't see David Lee on the list.

Must be #11.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...-best-power-forwards-kevin-love-blake-griffin

So that's ESPN, and Sporting News. But hey, what do any of them know?

Bleacher Report agrees with me......(can I take that back actually? :lol: )

I found a local paper that says Kevin Love isn't the best PF, oh wait, they're from Oklahoma, and have Blake Griffin as their background. Well...

I don't think David Lee is "better" than Kevin Love.

But I will say this.
I honestly think Love is a tad bit overrated.

I'm not saying that to argue or troll or throw gas on the fire. Just my honest opinion. I know he has the stats and everything, I just personally think he's a little overrated by many "experts."

Which is a fair enough opinion.

Whereas I think that as he hits his prime at 25-26-27 and gets to play with a (say Melo + Rondo) he would win plenty, show out plenty, and be extremely intergral in winning something more than a few games in Minnesota with that train wreck of a franchise.

And Melo-Rondo is just an example. Initially I wanted him WITH Dwight, because all your rebounds. :lol:

Or you could put him with a Hibbert/Paul George combo and watch that team overpower folks. (they'd need shooters at the 1-2 to space)

I haven't even spoken on his passing ability (or the fact that he plays with guys that don't hit shots when he feeds them)

Love has everything in his game. All of it. Inside, outside, rebounding, passing, scoring, shooting, with defense being his lowest talent, yet he's still not horrible, just not Serge Ibaka, which is nothing to whine about with everything else he brings.

Fair enough.

I too would be interested in seeing him surrounded by some actual talent, especially guard wise. He's played with the most sub-par wingmen in the history of the NBA thus far in his career. So if he's surrounded by some better playmakers (not just passing playmakers like Rubio but actual talented scorers) It's very possible and likely that he'll showcase his skills a little bit more visibly and I'll better understand why he is viewed in the way that he is by the majority of people.

Sometimes I couldn't help but to feel that be was just racking up stats due to the fact that they literally had nothing on those Timberwolves teams, nothing. But on the other side of the argument one could say he did that well with a horrible team so he could do even better with more talent.

We'll hopefully find out.

Last edited:
BTW, if he played with Melo+Rondo, 90 rebounds, per game.

Serious.

Russell type numbers.

Rodman on steroids. :lol:

VL5AN4g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom