[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to be pissed at 12, and work us into the 11.

He's going to come back sooner than anybody, no doubt in my mind. He has the best trainers and drugs around. But he is going to over-compensate for that ankle. And it will cause his opposite knee, or hamstring, or quad or something to go lame, and it will hinder him as much as the achilles itself.

And on top of all that, he won't be able to give 40 minutes a night anymore, which hurts as much as anything.

He'll steal a game here and there like always, but we won't be able to escape what's coming. Younger, faster teams are still out there, and there is zero fear of our mystique at this point. Teams will pound away at Nash and Pau on defense, as well as Kobe's limited mobility/footspeed and will simply grind us down.

We'll scrap. Lot of heart and pride on this roster, we will fight. But in the end, cream always rises to the top.

All I can hope for is everyone stay healthy, and give it our best shot. Give everything we got, see where we are come Feb. Then, either break it all down at the deadline, or maybe try to steal a piece and maybe make a run at something bigger. We'll see.

You just had to add a negative vibe to the tweet didn't you.

Sheesh. Couldn't even let us enjoy a motivated Kobe for 10 minutes. :lol:

Right on cue :lol: it's like our hope is his bat signal and he won't let any seeds of hope be planted.

On the real I thought u had us around 7/8 don't let's espn add fuel to the pessimist fire lol.

6th-8th seed depending on health. If LO signs and pringles isnt canned(no pun)..slightly better odds. If LO signs and pringles is canned for phil...5th seed...also contingent on health.

6th-8th seed depending on health. If LO signs and pringles isnt canned(no pun)..slightly better odds. If LO signs and pringles is canned for phil...5th seed...also contingent on health.

similar projection as yours. don't see Phil coming back, but i've got my fingers crossed for LO (Ireland on 710 apparently said we're still looking into him). anything below 8th is insulting. 12th, though?

12th?!

Last edited:
You just had to add a negative vibe to the tweet didn't you.

Sheesh. Couldn't even let us enjoy a motivated Kobe for 10 minutes. :lol:

Right on cue :lol: it's like our hope is his bat signal and he won't let any seeds of hope be planted.

On the real I thought u had us around 7/8 don't let's espn add fuel to the pessimist fire lol.

I said 7-8 was best case.

10-12 most likely.

via ESPNinsider:

Bryant obsessed with winning
August, 16, 2013
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

Kobe Bryant was interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday and they discussed many topics, including if he'll be ready for opening night on Oct. 29 and why he's so driven to come back from the torn Achilles.

"I just want that jewelry," said Bryant, who has five rings winning the NBA title. "People just don't understand how obsessed I am with winning."

Bryant keeps saying he's way ahead of schedule, however he isn't sure about playing in Game 1 of the regular season. Bryant also reiterated that he plans to finish his NBA career with the Lakers. Bryant's contract expires next June and he can sign an extension or re-sign next July as a free agent.

"There really has been no discussions beyond next year for obvious reasons," Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak told ESPN Radio's "The Herd" on Thursday. "You have a player who is up in age and just had a devastating injury. Obviously, we created an environment with our team where were looking to have financial flexibility a year from now, so that plays into it."

Odom and the Clippers
August, 16, 2013
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

The Los Angeles Clippers, with two open spots on the 15-man roster, still need to add depth at power forward and they are leaning towards re-signing Lamar Odom, reports Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

The Clippers can only offer a minimum deal due to their luxury tax situation and Odom will likely accept it to remain in Los Angeles.

Free agent Antawn Jamison was on the Clippers radar, but they informed him on Thursday that Odom is now their priority. Jamison make look at heading back home to sign a deal with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom