OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Fire I may join in on that. Finess till you can't finess no more. All the low ball offers coming 130-140. Them local spots won't let you return em

This is why buying local is a bad idea-these fools know a lot of retros go on disco so people will try and return their pairs. I NEVER buy local because of this-I see it as karma for all the times these places would rig raffles on hyped retros and make you buy unneeded apparel for guaranteed pairs...

Looks like we have the last laugh when these spots close down.

Last edited:
Remember back in January 2013 these where super hard to get. Now it seems you can just get Jordan's at ease.

You should thank the greedy folks who run Nike and, of course, Kanye/Adidas. If this continues, we can expect retros at Costco sooner than we think (j/k but that would be hilarious).

Why this man got me out here spamming low ball offers on multiple kicks. Someone giving up some flops for 30-40% off.

michael-jordan-1998

Hope to never pay retail for GR's. Shouldn't be 190 in the first place but now were "saving" when we cop on a discount lol

Yep, but the fact that they aren't selling out is pushing people away from the brand (since hypebeasts and resellers won't touch them) which makes discounts even more pronounced. I hope this continues and hype for retros finally completely dies because, then, my dream of Nike ID retros will come true.

bought my pair from footlocker at the local mall for 170 with the $20 coupon...now i will return my ndc pair once i get it in the mail...just compared these to my 05 and im not surprised the quality is inferior... but i really wanted a pair since my 05s are dogged so i just copped anyway... so the big difference is the leather way better quality in 05 and the tongue is fatter on 05 and there more ankle support on the 05 pair which makes it more comfortable...the 17 pair looks to be less bulky in comparison to the 05s... didnt compare the 3m but looks similar...

bought my pair from footlocker at the local mall for 170 with the $20 coupon...now i will return my ndc pair once i get it in the mail...just compared these to my 05 and im not surprised the quality is inferior... but i really wanted a pair since my 05s are dogged so i just copped anyway... so the big difference is the leather way better quality in 05 and the tongue is fatter on 05 and there more ankle support on the 05 pair which makes it more comfortable...the 17 pair looks to be less bulky in comparison to the 05s... didnt compare the 3m but looks similar...

Quality is inferior to 2005s? Nike/JB should be ashamed of themselves selling supposedly "remastered" $190 retros... Smh, what a scam.

Reactions: PJS
I love these shoes but im gonna risk getting these on a discount.

Too much going on the next few weeks

Happy to see everyone getting theirs

Theyre not making it up to us, just fleedcing us like most companies. People on these forums called all this nonsense years ago. They said Nike Air would be back, but at a premium price. They said dont buy the trashy retros JB is givin us cuz 2-3 yrs down the line the same shoe will release but closer to the OG and for more money. JB is trying to stay relevant but mostly just goes on sale anymore. Maybe Nike should start droppin those prices a bit....

Its not even the price hike. I think it's more the fact that JB is mass producing and resellers arent buying up all the pairs anymore because of that. Wouldn't be surprised if before it was 70% of a retro model stock that got eaten up by resellers.

We are just seeing more pairs available. JB aint hurting because they will sell out eventually just not first day like they used to. Even months down the line on discount they will sell out. It costs nike a few bucks to make a pair. They dont care if they sell for $100 down the line. Its still a profit.

Just goes to show you that all these lame new age sneakerheads aren't even real sneaker collectors. Shoes that flew off the shelves in the 2000s and a couple years ago, are now on a full size run on most footsites. Shocking, but i can't say I'm not surprised.

I went to my first and last SneakerCon this year and i couldn't believe how young all the kids there were. Im talking 8-13 years old. All of them had on NMDs or Yeezys! I took my brother who is 34 (I'm 32 now. I was 31 during the SneakerCon) and me and him spent like 45 minutes there and dipped! I felt completely out of place! The hype at the convention was on another level! I truly believe sneaker collabs is ruining the sneaker industry. If its not a LV x Yeezy x Supreme x Nike x KITH x Bape x Barack Obama then other normal shoes would probably sit. Right?

While these OG Blk/Red 13s sit (i got my pair on SNKRS today) other releases like the Air Max 1 OG Reds and OG Blues sold out in seconds and are being resold for $400+ LOL! The same shoes that were heavily discounted back in 2005 for around $40 are now being sold for $400 resale?!?! FOH!! Lets not forget the Gold and Silver 97s that sold out and was treated like the Concord 11 release back in 2011. Think about that...? The market is completely unpredictable.

Sneaker culture today is completely out of wack! The young middle school kids and high school kids are controlling the market for sneakers today. They aren't even real knowledgable about the history of sneaker fashion/collecting. If A$AP Rocky, Kanye, or some other feminine new age rapper wears a sneaker on IG, best believe that sneaker would sellout in seconds on release day. That same silly trend is whats happening today. OG collectors can't get a grasp of what they need to prepare for, versus whats probably going to sit.

So yes, its good that a shoe like the OG Blk/Red 13s can sit for awhile before you cop, but will the Blk Cement 3s fly off the shelves, how about the Shadow 1s, what about the Blk/White Nike Flyknit Trainers that come out next week? Three shoes that currently have an insane resale value that will probably lose hype/value come release time.

There's just no real trend anymore in the sneaker collecting world. Everything is based off of fake hype...

Don't get mad at the kids. If you were growing up today you'd likely be following the same trends like you did back in your day.

Don't be mad that kids don't look up to rappers and trendsetters that we're out 5-10 years before they were even born.

Let these kids have fun.

Once NT dudes come up with the discount deal, gonna flood the stores with retail pairs returns. Retail gonna have plenty restocks on them joints. :lol::pimp:

Turns out Footaction opened at 8 and not 10 as usual. I still managed to walk right in and out with these.

It's crazy. The past year or two I was just hoping to get lucky with a lot of releases. This year it's stress free and easy.

I'm happier than James Harden in a strip club that it's been this way.

Stop defending the price hikes. The closer retros got to $200 more people lost interest in them.
Far too many re-releases within a short period of time also. My pair from 2013 is still DS.

I don't think it's the price. At first retros were still selling out easily. I think it's how often there's a release. Seems to be every weekend, something dropping...let JB go back to dropping a retro every 2-3 months. Hype builds, they sell out

Back
Top Bottom