OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Side panels were darker on the OG's and yet the 3M popped more. Interesting...
Anyway, I just handled these in store and they seem like pretty good quality to me. I think the tongue and ankle padding are fine. Banana toe is a little annoying but I think that's purposeful in a lot of sneakers these days. I had OG Playoff's back in the day and while they were tanks I don't remember the tongue and ankle padding being anything spectacular, but it's been awhile...

Last edited:
Heads up to anyone looking to use crep protect on the suede on these: The treatment on the black leather has some kind of reaction with the crep protect that'll leave behind a persistent white mark on the surface. I managed to get it to go away by using jason markk and then applying a dab of lotion to moisturize the leather. Just be very careful.

You can always buy from Nike and return a DS disco pair to Nike if you find one in the next few weeks.

I'm traveling to Germany in less than 2 weeks so I just wanted to secure a pair. My current collection is almost all black nubuck, BMs, Chrome 8s and the rest all have icy soles: SJs, Maroons, 72-10s. The others are the TB3s and WC4s all of which I don't want to ruin since it rains a lot more over there during September-November. I'll probably take the pair of 72-10s I've been rocking and these breds with me. The NA 3-6s are really special to me and I don't want to beat them up. I doubled up on the 4s and 5s but I waited since '99-00 for these shoes and want them to be mint for as long as possible! Maybe I'll take the 3s instead since they can still be had for under retail and I love how 3s feel on my feet. They're so damn comfortable.

The rest of my collection is from 2006-2008 (black caro Vs, fire red Vs, cool grey 3s, white flips, playoff 8s, black cat IVs and I only wear those a few times a year since they're old. The uppers are all perfect as usual but early crumbling signs have started on the Vs. I love the CG3s and doubt they will ever be re-released.

Maybe when I get back I can pick up a 2nd pair for a discount if they're still around. I don't care about any other release this year. I thought the flints were releasing but hadn't been on NT in a minute.

Maybe the banana toe somehow slow down the toe creases 13's are known to develop ...and if not oh well. >D

You should thank the greedy folks who run Nike and, of course, Kanye/Adidas. If this continues, we can expect retros at Costco sooner than we think (j/k but that would be hilarious).

Wouldn't be that crazy really! The Costco by me has Rolex and JLC occasionally. Not the heavy hitting watches but SS Datejusts, Milgauss and TT Datejusts at a fair 20% off with box and stickers. If they can sell $6.5-$11k watches at a decent discount getting retros one day could happen lol!

Maybe the banana toe somehow slow down the toe creases 13's are known to develop ...and if not oh well. >D

Creasing XIIIs hurts! Especially on the flints. They're not that noticeable on black shoes like these unless the shoe itself is pretty dirty.

Stockx price dropping. Hope it continues for the double up. Let's go! I think JB is mass producing and mass releasing, but will slow down on the OG releases after they cycle through everything by 2020.

I can't believe what I'm about to say but I think in this era BC NA 3s and 4s would probably sit. Aside from Concord XIs/DMPs and the bred/royal 1s, those two are as iconic as it gets. Still would pay $220 for each of them without thinking it twice. I haven't had either in a very very long time and those along with full NA WC3s are all I really need.

I hope JB releases the BC3s and WC3s with the same quality as the '88s and they don't do us dirty like with the TB3 release. While the WCs from 2011 were alright, the perforations on the '88s were a step up in quality. Although I wish I still had them I'm glad I sold them for $700 when the market was still crazy.

IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

I hope my 7.5's have this nice shape when they come in next week.

Stop defending the price hikes. The closer retros got to $200 more people lost interest in them.
Far too many re-releases within a short period of time also. My pair from 2013 is still DS.

Again why are people mad at the price hikes? It's Jb/Nikes strategy to squeeze out the resellers and it's working. These guys cant get more than $40 profit on reselling retros. This is resulting in more pairs being available for us OG sneakerheads. I aint mad at this.

I don't think it's the price. At first retros were still selling out easily. I think it's how often there's a release. Seems to be every weekend, something dropping...let JB go back to dropping a retro every 2-3 months. Hype builds, they sell out
Yeah it's not the price. They're just releasing a ton. They wanted to take the profits from resellers and put it in their pockets, as any smart business should do. If these were limited people would be paying 230-250.. But Jordan brand just made a ton instead.

Stockx price dropping. Hope it continues for the double up. Let's go! I think JB is mass producing and mass releasing, but will slow down on the OG releases after they cycle through everything by 2020.

I know the market is soft but I didn't think it was this soft. Embarrassing that bred 13s with 3M are selling for that low on RD. If I opened a stockx account wouldn't I even get a $20 discount on my 1st purchase? Crazy!

Stop defending the price hikes. The closer retros got to $200 more people lost interest in them.
Far too many re-releases within a short period of time also. My pair from 2013 is still DS.
good because less people are buying means less hassle and seeing shoes hit discount. I'll gladly take buying retros now than buying them 2-3 years ago

I'm on the phone with NDC right now attempting to apply a 20% coupon to these. I'll keep you posted.

For those who are wondering, the pair I picked up from Finish Line this morning does not have size sticker as well.

Just goes to show you that all these lame new age sneakerheads aren't even real sneaker collectors. Shoes that flew off the shelves in the 2000s and a couple years ago, are now on a full size run on most footsites. Shocking, but i can't say I'm not surprised.

I went to my first and last SneakerCon this year and i couldn't believe how young all the kids there were. Im talking 8-13 years old. All of them had on NMDs or Yeezys! I took my brother who is 34 (I'm 32 now. I was 31 during the SneakerCon) and me and him spent like 45 minutes there and dipped! I felt completely out of place! The hype at the convention was on another level! I truly believe sneaker collabs is ruining the sneaker industry. If its not a LV x Yeezy x Supreme x Nike x KITH x Bape x Barack Obama then other normal shoes would probably sit. Right?

While these OG Blk/Red 13s sit (i got my pair on SNKRS today) other releases like the Air Max 1 OG Reds and OG Blues sold out in seconds and are being resold for $400+ LOL! The same shoes that were heavily discounted back in 2005 for around $40 are now being sold for $400 resale?!?! FOH!! Lets not forget the Gold and Silver 97s that sold out and was treated like the Concord 11 release back in 2011. Think about that...? The market is completely unpredictable.

Sneaker culture today is completely out of wack! The young middle school kids and high school kids are controlling the market for sneakers today. They aren't even real knowledgable about the history of sneaker fashion/collecting. If A$AP Rocky, Kanye, or some other feminine new age rapper wears a sneaker on IG, best believe that sneaker would sellout in seconds on release day. That same silly trend is whats happening today. OG collectors can't get a grasp of what they need to prepare for, versus whats probably going to sit.

So yes, its good that a shoe like the OG Blk/Red 13s can sit for awhile before you cop, but will the Blk Cement 3s fly off the shelves, how about the Shadow 1s, what about the Blk/White Nike Flyknit Trainers that come out next week? Three shoes that currently have an insane resale value that will probably lose hype/value come release time.

There's just no real trend anymore in the sneaker collecting world. Everything is based off of fake hype...

I hate when people talk about sneaker culture. Ain't nothing "culture" about this stuff and if there was, there's nothing like it anymore. All people care about who claim to be "sneakerheads" only care about what's trendy and try to fit in. It's pretty ironic how people who claim to want to be unique are the ones who tend to follow the masses like sheep
You dudes speaking facts.. This cat that I went to school with from 8th grade til senior year now collects nothing but boosts. When mans was rocking true blues back in the day.. **** crazy. Can't say that there is no sneaker culture because theres been a huge following for them ever since the first air forces and mikes released (i can say it evolved with more 10 - 15 year old kids hounding for boost like how kids back then were hounding for AIRS) im not a boost head like that and I'm out here trying to pick up kicks that were made before I was born or the re iterations of them. Ninja made a thread pertaining to something like this today ↓↓

https://niketalk.com/threads/da-sneaker-bubble-apparently-is-bursting.665174/

Yeah it's not the price. They're just releasing a ton. They wanted to take the profits from resellers and put it in their pockets, as any smart business should do. If these were limited people would be paying 230-250.. But Jordan brand just made a ton instead.

Also having a release just 4 years ago doesn't help that many people probably even doubled up on. I couldn't justify taking a loss on those just to upgrade to 3M especially if they're DS or still in good condition. Still with back 2 school I thought these would perform better. WC3s sat for months in 2011 and that was during the hype. I couldn't believe it at the time. In 2013 people were going crazy trying to cop the '88s or the '11s paying $400+ when I bought a second pair for $130 from a mom & pop months after release.

Somebody just put my size on Ebay for $285 shipped, lol. There is a "best offer." Ima see if he'll take $160...
Oh dear, there's another pair up with a starting bid of $350. I quit...

Yep, but the fact that they aren't selling out is pushing people away from the brand (since hypebeasts and resellers won't touch them) which makes discounts even more pronounced. I hope this continues and hype for retros finally completely dies because, then, my dream of Nike ID retros will come true.

If retros, especially OG colorways keep performing like this, JB might start limiting supply again. They can't stand by and watch while signature Jays lose all of their prestige. A lot of this depends upon influencers. If celebs stop rocking retros completely, they will make adjustments. After all Air Jordans have always been the premier sneaker since they were introduced. They really created this sneaker head culture along with the AF1s. It would a shame when the day comes where they're just a relic of the past. They never were just shoes. They were and are part of MJ's aura. MJ wouldn't be MJ without the best looking kicks ever to grace a court. If you wanted to be like Mike you had to have them even if your skills amounted to just throwing air balls lol!

Otoh this is exactly what we wanted during the peak of the hype. It was frustrating to take Ls on GRs and then either have to pay $280-300 or move on if you didn't wake up on time or forgot. There should be an equilibrium where there is enough supply to meet demand and no more.

Back
Top Bottom