OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Good luck with that labor cost....

View media item 2245346

61Xj3.So.111.jpeg

http://www.mer

I support work in America to the fullest and don't believe the prices will go up. That's just another lie corporations throw at us to have little to nothing in production cost. For example the new Lincoln MKZ is made in Mexico, prices went up for them. Hellcat (6.2L I believe) crate motors, also made in Mexico is still one of the most expensive crate motors around. Mexican labor compared to ours is pennies on a dollar
Youre right...i think they can afford it:

Investor Contact: Media Contact: Nitesh Sharan Kellie Leonard (503) 532-2828 (503) 671-6171 NIKE, INC. REPORTS FISCAL 2017 FIRST QUARTER RESULTS • Revenues up 8 percent to $9.1 billion; 10 percent growth excluding currency changes* • Diluted earnings per share up 9% to $0.73 compared to prior year • Worldwide futures orders up 5 percent; 7 percent growth excluding currency changes • Inventories as of August 31, 2016 up 11 percent

BEAVERTON, Ore., Sept. 27, 2016 - NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today reported fiscal 2017 financial results for its first quarter ended August 31, 2016. Strong global demand drove double-digit currency-neutral revenue growth internationally in the first quarter and six percent revenue growth in North America. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.73, up 9 percent driven by strong revenue growth, operating overhead leverage, a lower effective tax rate and a lower average share count partially offset by a gross margin decline and higher demand creation expense in an Olympic quarter. “Fueled by an incredible summer of sport, NIKE delivered strong global growth-and led the industry through disruptive innovation,” said Mark Parker, Chairman, President and CEO, NIKE, Inc. “Q1 also showed how we’re amplifying every category through sports style innovation, transforming retail by connecting the digital and physical experience and ushering in a new Era of Personalized Performance - through product, consumer connections and our supply chain. NIKE’s strategic investments in these growth opportunities continue to deliver long-term value to our shareholders.

”** First Quarter Income Statement Review • Revenues for NIKE, Inc. rose 8 percent to $9.1 billion, up 10 percent on a currency-neutral basis. Revenues for the NIKE Brand were $8.5 billion, up 10 percent on a currency-neutral basis driven by double-digit growth in Greater China, Western Europe, Emerging Markets, Central & Eastern Europe and Japan, including strong growth in Sportswear, Running and the Jordan Brand. Revenues for Converse were $574 million, up 4 percent on a currency-neutral basis, mainly driven by growth in North America which was slightly offset by declines in Europe and Asia Pacific.

• Gross margin declined 200 basis points to 45.5 percent as higher average selling prices were more than offset by several temporary or discrete items including foreign exchange, a shift of expenses from Operating Overhead to Cost of Goods Sold, a higher off-price mix and the impact of exiting the Golf equipment business.

• Selling and administrative expense increased 12 percent to $2.9 billion. Demand creation expense was $1.0 billion, up 25 percent, reflecting investments in key sports events. Operating overhead expense increased 6 percent to $1.9 billion, reflecting continued growth in the Direct- to-Consumer (DTC) business, and targeted investments in operational infrastructure and consumer-focused digital capabilities.

• Other income, net was $62 million, primarily comprised of net foreign currency exchange gains. For the quarter, the Company estimates the year-over-year change in foreign currencyrelated gains and losses included in other income, net, combined with the impact of changes in exchange rates on the translation of foreign currency-denominated profits, increased pretax income by approximately $3 million.

• The effective tax rate was 2.5 percent, compared to 18.4 percent for the same period last year, primarily due to a one-time benefit related to the resolution with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service of a foreign tax credit matter.

• Net income increased 6 percent to $1.2 billion as revenue growth and a lower effective tax rate more than offset lower gross margin and higher demand creation expense, while diluted earnings per share increased 9 percent from the prior year to $0.73 reflecting nearly a 3 percent decline in the weighted average diluted common shares outstanding. 

Damn got my pairs in today and quality and even with quality n construction issues they look great. Straight to feet....then i realized they fit narrower than my last couple pairs of 3s, and even though it seems like a small difference in width, it makes a big difference to me since sz 11 3s fit me snug beforehand. Anyway after wearing around for a bit these were killing my feet...like they still probly wouldnt even be comfortable if they stretched out a bit

Then I started thinking about how when the 88s dropped for $200 I thought that was a crazy high price, and the FR3s I copped just three years ago were $160......so now im not sure If I wanna waste my money sending these back to footlocker and losing $ on shipping and return shipping and recopping the correct size OR if I should just rerturn them (and still lose $ on shipping) based on principle...they wanna charge us crazy prices and cant even get the sizing to be consistent...damn nike im not happy at all with this release. Like I said they look great and thats nice but I feel like I shouldnt be paying crazy price and theres all these issues.

Damn got my pairs in today and quality and even with quality n construction issues they look great. Straight to feet....then i realized they fit narrower than my last couple pairs of 3s, and even though it seems like a small difference in width, it makes a big difference to me since sz 11 3s fit me snug beforehand. Anyway after wearing around for a bit these were killing my feet...like they still probly wouldnt even be comfortable if they stretched out a bit

Then I started thinking about how when the 88s dropped for $200 I thought that was a crazy high price, and the FR3s I copped just three years ago were $160......so now im not sure If I wanna waste my money sending these back to footlocker and losing $ on shipping and return shipping and recopping the correct size OR if I should just rerturn them (and still lose $ on shipping) based on principle...they wanna charge us crazy prices and cant even get the sizing to be consistent...damn nike im not happy at all with this release. Like I said they look great and thats nice but I feel like I shouldnt be paying crazy price and theres all these issues.
You can bring them to a footlocker store to return them.

Last edited:
The people in here making fun of others who went the extra mile are the same people who would be asking if $325shp is a good price if they would've sold out.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
And therein lies the rub. When a corporation like Nike sees its consumers be consistently willing to pay secondary market prices for their products, they are going to raise the price, and they're not going to change the quality. 

And therein lies the rub. When a corporation like Nike sees its consumers be consistently willing to pay secondary market prices for their products, they are going to raise the price, and they're not going to change the quality. 

Would you guys rather pay higher prices to Nike or resellers?

Exactly what I said.. but I got flamed lol.

Returning All 3 Of My Size 9.5's Back To Nike Simply Due To The Fact JB Can't Consistsntly Size Their Shoes :smh:

Been Sizing Down .5 On The Last Several Retro 3's And These New TB'a Definitely Are Seeming To Run More TTS :rolleyes

These Joints Narrower Than Chicago Side Streets :wow:

I Hate Having To Constantly Guess From Retro Release Lapse To The Next Retro Drop Whether Or Not Sizing Has Changed Any >:

GET IT TOGETHER JB!!!!

Back
Top Bottom