OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

At needing shoes to be accepted

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Can't tell if people are being serious right now lmao

Yo.. Ekin just posted... Not quite sure why, but that's important... I remember that name from when I just started out on NT in 03...

lol at the dudes on this thread who grew up with white picket fences and no sense of hardship.

yes sneakers gave you acceptance the place i lived and still do in many cities.(always will in certain places)

idk whats worse tho me trying to fit in as a kid or clowns like yall trying to justify getting your parents to drop 100+ so you could be like a guy who was making millions and could careless less about you.

im tellin yall the ignorance on this site is mind blowing sometimes not just about kicks but life in general,YES SNEAKERS/FLY GEAR GOT YOU RESPECT AND FEMALES IN SOME PLACES.dang you rich kids need to open your eyes sometimes.

Last edited:
roll.gif

im so hard that when i grew up i needed to buy 100 dollar sneakers for respect! #thuglife

At needing shoes to be accepted

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Can't tell if people are being serious right now lmao
you have said nothing clever after all these years you should just continue that trend.

S

People who don't know anything need to be clever, people with information stay quite.

I guess I'll keep everything to myself another year and laugh at all the speculation on this forum
well it seems you have nothing clever or intelligent to say from your lack of posts or maybe your just a creepy lurker.

either way you havent proven much so your the last guy that should be tryin clown anybody.

Burklin is right though. I saw it all the time growing up.

Kids in school without the freshest new shoes got clowned on for it.

And while it shouldn't happen amongst grown people, it does.

Some of these people are out here on these lines fighting for "respect".

They think the shoes will give them that. Ghetto mentality at it's finest.

damn, i have more "heat" than pretty much any kid in one of those schools but i would hate to have to live there

low income communities making kids spend hundreds of dollars on shoes in order to fit in, that might be the dumbest most backwards thing i have ever heard.

Agreed times 1000

Just buy what you like and not for the hype, always been my motto.

It's crazy how the sneaker culture is now compared to how it was before. That's just how it is now.

I'll continue to buy what I like and if I don't get them then no big deal :smile:

damn, i have more "heat" than pretty much any kid in one of those schools but i would hate to have to live there

low income communities making kids spend hundreds of dollars on shoes in order to fit in, that might be the dumbest most backwards thing i have ever heard.
yup, growing up and going to school in an inner city I experienced this first hand

Lol you guys are making it deeper than what it is

Seriously tho. Old heads just mad they have to out in extra work, or money to get the shoe they want. 80%Young heads are corny and ignorant about shoes, but in time they'll be the old heads complaining. Never ending cycle.

Last edited:
I'm 31. I buy what I like. I also wear a bigger size so it's really rare that I have to line up.

I despise resellers. I've seen a dude get KTFO during the Space Jam release walking out of Finish Line yelling FO HUNNERT while waving the box above his head. Dude I knew checked his chin, gave him a lil' Shogun stomp, put 2 bills on his chest & walked away like nothing happened.

burklinsfienest is 30? i thought he was like 15 yrs old reading his posts lol

bro ur 30 and never seen MJ play? thats just sad

I love seeing people's collections and hearing the stories behind each pair they got
How it much it meant to them
How long they waited for them

Me not being a collector - seeing such rare pieces - its pretty amazing

....All that being said. If I ever hear anyone say the word "sneakerhead" let alone refer to themselves as a "sneakerhead"
You are getting a :stoneface: :rolleyes

Let's all be foreal and just put it out there

OG, noob

Buying/collecting shoes used to be something different. It used to be something that set people apart. Nobody cared for it. Shoes were found and bought at discount. No "breaking necks", it was all for individual satisfaction.

Today, it's the norm. Shoes are bought to make yourself for it. Everything is the opposite of what it was before.

Buying/ collecting shoes isn't dead as an industry, but what it was has died a long time ago. Yes, it was an inner city thing, now everyone is in on it.

Last edited:
I love seeing people's collections and hearing the stories behind each pair they got
How it much it meant to them
How long they waited for them

Me not being a collector - seeing such rare pieces - its pretty amazing

....All that being said. If I ever hear anyone say the word "sneakerhead" let alone refer to themselves as a "sneakerhead"
You are getting a :stoneface: :rolleyes

People have no stories behind them, because now people only want what's limited. Look at how non limited or hyped retros that aren't Jordan's sit.

There is no I always wanted these or I had these in elementary/junior high school. The people who do that are older.

The story is how they camped out for so and so hours or they spent three hours attempting to add to their cart.

Literally in 2013, if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense[DJ Quik] to these young dudes. They don't buy what they like, they buy what they think others may like. That's why it's nothing to them to trade or sell their sneakers.

Last edited:
I'm 31. I buy what I like. I also wear a bigger size so it's really rare that I have to line up.

I despise resellers. I've seen a dude get KTFO during the Space Jam release walking out of Finish Line yelling FO HUNNERT while waving the box above his head. Dude I knew checked his chin, gave him a lil' Shogun stomp, put 2 bills on his chest & walked away like nothing happened.

Am I wrong for cracking a smile? Repped.

I'm 24 been around Nt since 14, I hate how the sneaker game is, I don't do raffles , or varient color new js... I just don't , I don't wait in lines. In fact I just switched over from 14-20 y/o coppin like 1-16 JB retros, to almost strictly air max 95s and like the Brett farves, and Deion's all kicks that remind me of my childhood. If the true blues dropped 1 more time I might wait for them because there my holy grails, but I still have kicks I already had. All my new kicks is Nike retros, I go and copp weeks after they drop , right from the mall. Resellers + Nike getting wind of how much there being resold for + young new ****** to the game = pushed me away from JB completely

Last edited:

burklinsfienest is 30? i thought he was like 15 yrs old reading his posts lol

bro ur 30 and never seen MJ play? thats just sad
why tho???

people forget that sneakers would come out and weeks later a commercial would drop.i wanted the air veers and missions before i eva knew who smith and seau were.why would seeing them or mj play influence me more???

if anything my love for kicks for more pure ,i aint on some fanboy ish saying"oh mj wore em so i gotta have them" do you like the shoes or just mj?

at the end of the day you cant force yourself to like something you just dont i probably cant name 10 pro players in sports at the moment and thats fine by me cuz sports never been my thing.

Back
Top Bottom