OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

yes lawd...

Cats talking about you can't cop Jordan's if you can't hit a mid range jumper?

Lolwut?

Both of ends of the spectrum are wack...

Old heads are eem wack-er because they think they can set the parameters on who can and can't rock...

F outta here kinfoe...
Agreed. Nobody owes anyone respect because they been buying clothes longer than someone else. Buying shoe is not a culture, it's not a "thing", not a gang, not a club, it's BUYING SHOES. I buy a lot of underwear..... Am I an underwear head? I buy groceries..... Am I a grocery head?

Lol

People need to get over themselves and find something real to "be apart of".

This'll rustle dem jimmies but it's the truth

Last edited:
I haven't bought sneakers from a store in like 5 years b. It's too competitive now a days.

Lol when people say 2005 was "back in the day" or "the easy days". 04-05 was when everything hit the fan

Isn't that around the SB era?...I was actually on hiatus from buying kicks around that time so I missed that whole fiasco, but IIRC that's when campouts originated.

When I say "back in my day" I'm talkin 96-00

Now those were the fun days.

Isn't that around the SB era?...I was actually on hiatus from buying kicks around that time so I missed that whole fiasco, but IIRC that's when campouts originated.

End of SB beginning of limited Jordan LS. Grapes anyone? Lol

I wish I bought sneakers differently. Instead of going after most releases (although they were dope and easy to get just a decade ago), I should've just gotten two plus pairs of the kicks I really liked so I could've beaten them to death. Was planning to do that with the bred 1s if I was able to finagle multiples. The one shoe that I've always wanted but haven't yet been able to get. One day.

04-05 is when the SB Dunks were at their height; the Pro B's and early releases of SB's sat for a little while then took off around the release of the 3rd Dunk drop of Futura's, Bisons, Takashi's

I was born in the wrong generation.

Waiting in line for a CHANCE to buy the shoes?  As in, I might not even get a call back to buy them? And if I do, they might not even be my size? FOH, I wasn't raised to be a sucker like the rest of these herbs.

Sometimes I feel bad for people I know and I try to talk them out of waiting in line and doing all this for a pair of shoes, but people my age are just so blinded by the fact that they "gotta have it". Can't do nothing but
mean.gif
 and keep it moving.

It's always been online or bust for me, did what I could to cop the 1's, didn't, now it's on to the GOAT...

Agassi's are up there for me bc I had them as a kid but I'm also throwing up one for Air Raids

EVERYTHING goes full circle, eventually this hype will die as the youngins that feed it grow out of it.

Hype has an expedition date, a lot of resellers can't afford to sit on a pair of kicks for too long because the second the new hype bait is release, the previous one is forgotten....only but a few kicks stay high above water and rising, most Lebrons for example, if a reseller don't push them off fast they'll find themselves stuck with a shoe nobody is checking for anymore...happened to my friend a couple of times, sitting on a pair of corks :lol: literally laugh each time.

The joy for shoes has become more of the build up and the hunt rather than the actual wearing of the shoes. They peak before they even get the shoes on their feet and then it's on to the next one after that.

I just miss the days when I could walk in and it was an easy cop. I don't care that kids are copping because I wear what I want and I'm not trying to impress anyone. I just hate the whole "I got them and you didn't let me laugh at you and brag and post on instagram" If you like the shoe then buy it, shut up, and wear it. It should really be that simple. This whole let me french kiss and have sex with these shoes and take a pick of my "heat" in the oven is overly corny. The corniness and resellers have ruined jordans for me and for most OG's.

The rare times when we would line up, the lines would be small and everyone in the line knew exactly what they were there for and had no intention on reselling. We would talk about other releases and have a good time in the line. There was no need for police presence and there were no fights everyone was chill. Now kids are fighting and jumping line. Grown men are fighting kids, it's just disgusting. People are in line for shoes and have no clue what they're in line for, legit no clue. Mothers are leaving babies in cars to go what in line to cop shoes. That's ridiculous.

Shoes have always somewhat been a status symbol, but they were still just shoes. Now they're way more than just shoes and that's absurd. Folks are waiting hours in line and fighting each other to SPEND money, instead of fighting and waiting in line to MAKE money. Meanwhile JB releases the same shoes over and over again with worse materials for more money and expects everyone to fall in line and be sheep. Most OG's realize this and have just moved on.

The days when you got to the mall when you got to the mall and it was a none issue

I feel you brother

one thing that held me over with shoes was knowing that once they dropped that was it. no retro, no lifesyle version, no nothing. the reson people bought 2-3 pairs was because once they sold out you had no chance of getting them again. there was no ebay or CL to find a pair. it wasnt even a matter of price, there was legitimately nothing you could do. none of this "one to stock" BS, all pairs were bought to wear.

fast forward to today. EVERYTHING will retro, and EVERYTHING comes out in 20 different colors. there is nothing special about anything. how does nike "fix" that? well theyll just make some limited junk to justify it as a "must have". dudes buy shoes like achievement points for reps and likes.

reselling is on its way out. in 5 years jb retros will be 200 a pair at least. take away ebay fees, shipping, taxes, paypal fees, ect... to MAKE 50 youd have to sell them for at least 100 over retail. just not as big as a pay out as it used to be. now you could cash out with some yeezys but think of the difficulty to get them....... week long camp outs, ..... youd make more money just going to work.

one thing that held me over with shoes was knowing that once they dropped that was it. no retro, no lifesyle version, no nothing. the reson people bought 2-3 pairs was because once they sold out you had no chance of getting them again. there was no ebay or CL to find a pair. it wasnt even a matter of price, there was legitimately nothing you could do. none of this "one to stock" BS, all pairs were bought to wear.

fast forward to today. EVERYTHING will retro, and EVERYTHING comes out in 20 different colors. there is nothing special about anything. how does nike "fix" that? well theyll just make some limited junk to justify it as a "must have". dudes buy shoes like achievement points for reps and likes.

reselling is on its way out. in 5 years jb retros will be 200 a pair at least. take away ebay fees, shipping, taxes, paypal fees, ect... to MAKE 50 youd have to sell them for at least 100 over retail. just not as big as a pay out as it used to be. now you could cash out with some yeezys but think of the difficulty to get them....... week long camp outs, ..... youd make more money just going to work.
I stated this several times this week - especially in the Gamma 11's and 12's thread. People acting like this junk kicks are must have when in fact they are pure garbo. In addition, there's no point of buying two pairs of your favorite J's because in 2/3 years they will get retro again.

BS - and people talk about exclusivity ... there's nothing exclusive anymore when it comes to retros ....

You have to think the bubble will burst as it did with forces, as it did with dunks.

I also got away from J's once FootLocker started selling colorways that were sold at the Jamaican store down the corner.

DONE DEAL!

Back
Top Bottom