OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

I been doin it for years. but It doesn't bother me that "noobs" do what they do. we were all noobs at one point or another.

Meanwhile resellers wearing their 574s in line laughing at them :lol:

Pretty much. I'll say this, I've been buying shoe since 1997-98 when I was in HS and not once was I able to say that and out of magic did I get a discount on shoes, Twitter VIP, DM from footlocker, nothing. So if you ask me..... OG, noob, doesn't matter.....
Nike and resellers win

Last edited:
You can't expect someone to work at a Footlocker or Niketown for the rest of their lives, my man. It's a great college job, but eventually it's time to move up the ladder and get paid. There are several of those workers that used to help local NTers back in the days, but they went into their respective fields.

So these old heads only know one or two people who work at these spots?

They don't know any managers either? Ones that actually aspire to make DM?

Damn, networking fail.

Problem is most people treat these cats like shoe fetchers, they're human beings. Try choppin' it up with them, grab some sushi, hit a bar, smoke an l, like you know, befriend these dudes/ladies.

I mean I see what you're saying bro, most people work these jobs during college. But some who make manager actually stay for yeaaars. If you're 30+ and you've been copping kicks on the reg since 15, 16 you should know these cats and they should know you. I'm not talking YOU in particular either, just saying, in general and ****.

I really see no reason to sit around and complain and talk down on some kids. If you don't have a connect, strike out (or get lucky) online and call it a day. Standing inline for a RAFFLE TICKET?

Unless we talmbout celebration pack Brons or something that the connect can't facilitate out of fairness to everyone that's just some nonsense right there.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I bough a pair of sneakers besides AirMax 2013 or NB for Running.

I still wear all my OG's and I still have plenty of OG DS that I don't wear them because I just love the kick to much to put them on my feet ... I think that's a sneakerhead.

In addition, everyone has to start somewhere, so for someone to talk about a n00b .. that's just stupid.

Only thing I hate about the game now is all these Variant Colorways and the fact that J's are being retro left and right - For that fact, I think the "exclusivity" of a shoe is no longer true!

Who really cares? It's a lot harder to get a pair of sneakers now vs. back in the day, but as long as I get mine I really don't care why or how long the next dude has been coppin' kicks. To say "don't talk to me about sneakers if you don't have a pair older then 3 years" is just dumb. People learn and get to know about new things everything. You're a newbie? Cool. Hypebeast? Woosaa & relax. OG? Rock your yellowing kicks and let them know. :lol:

honestly it doesn't really bother me.. we all got started at some point. let these kids/noobs have their fun.

How exactly do you build a connect?...do you sweet talk a store owner, give him the puppy eyes...I've been buying kicks longer than some in here have probably been alive literally....but I never bother to hop on a boutique owners jock to build a connect....I'm i doing it wrong?

Meh, OG , noob, doesn't really matter. We live in a world where you can google any info you want. The "real" OG's don't even buy shoes like that anymore. They just wear everything they already have
Man just do you and get what you like, and if u like something a lot double up.

Basically. It's just not that serious to me with raffles and lotteries.

If I can pick them up without camping out at a store or order them online, I will. If I miss out, oh well.

How exactly do you build a connect?...do you sweet talk a store owner, give him the puppy eyes...I've been buying kicks longer than some in here have probably been alive literally....but I never bother to hop on a boutique owners jock to build a connect....I'm i doing it wrong?

There was a sneakers store around my HS and I strictly bought all my kicks from him so, when a QS dropped he always held me a pair for retail. I lost that connect when I took a break from kicks. :rolleyes

My only problem with the noobs is they'll buy anything without doing any research on the original. Im not even talking about the history of the shoe but moreso the technical aspects.

The new Flightposite retros are a perfect example... most of these new kids dont know the outsole is totally different than the OGs.

I cant really be mad at them because they dont know any thing else. But I do hold them responsible because they keep buying this watered down garbage so Nike feels no need to retro shoes properly for the OG heads. Why should Nike bother selling to people who care if their shoes that last and perform when they can make more money selling to people who would rather take pictures of them to showoff online ?

I feel like Nike has intentionally ousted the Old Heads who can discern comfort and quality so they can sell borderline replica shoes that cost less to produce for a higher price. I mean... thats what most of these retros are now... glorified replicas.

First off, OG's never considered themselves "sneakerheads." They just did what they did and kept it moving. Personally, I grew up watching MJ play in his prime and wanted a pair of J's s I could do my best impression of him on the playground. Copping retros began with Eastbay magazines in 1999. Copped many J's, including Laney V's on sale, before I even knew what Niketalk was. Very few cared about retro Jordans and seeing them in the streets was rare, not that that matters.

It all changed for the worst when people started to look at sneakers as cool and the new "it" thing. All of a sudden, people could go online and be told what was "cool", in terms of sneakers and fashion. JB then used these new outlets to create a marketing monster that has all of you doing what you do to keep up with the latest releases. It got so bad that I didn't want to be associated with all the hypebeast nonsense and decided to sell just about all my kicks.

Nowadays, new sneakerheads buy what they buy and wait in lines simply because it is the in thing to do. Prices have gone up and quality has declined but most of you are blinded by social media and what is considered "cool".

Most OG's don't even buy J's or hyped kicks because that has been played out since 06. I've only bought one pair (military IV's) since and regretted doing so because the quality is absolute trash. My money is better spent elsewhere.

Most OGs don't wear what the norm wears. Thats why they are OGs. You might not see them wearing nikes and j's. They have moved on to some next level ****.

I'm a OG..but I'm not a snob about it..

I won't make some silly rules to make myself Relevant.. "if you don't have a shoe older than 3 years, you shouldn't be talking to me about sneakers"

I'll complain about how the culture is so different and how kids/parents/media ruined it.
However I could careless what these kids do to get the shoes/why they get these shoes/ETC..

I'll talk to you "if you don't have a shoe older than 3 years." However if you're talking about some bs.. I'll end the conversation quickly..

Example-- I was waiting to sign up for the raffle today and a individual said to me that the Oreo 5 is worth $400+..
I laughed in their face.. :rofl:

My opinion doesn't Represent a culture/generation.. It only represent me..

Example-- Is the Air Jordan 1 that comes out today worth the hype?

My honest answers to the following questions.
Will I enter a Electronic raffle to get the shoes?
Yes.

Will I enter a in-store raffle to get the shoes?
Yes.

Will I get up early to try to get the shoes online?
No.

Will I pay retail for the shoes?
Yes.

Will I pay over retail for the shoes?
No.

Will I wake up early to go to the store to get the shoes?

Yes. If I'm guarantee the shoes in my size. For retail.

"OG" vs. "Noob" is irrelevant. If you make it your life/priority, you've already lost in life.

There's more to life, don't be a lame. Don't do it to impress people you don't even know/like.

I'm glad I don't buy Retros anymore except for a select few. Lebrons and KDs for me, even though I hate Lebron James as a player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom