Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

anybody hear anything about Sicario? its getting high marks on RT but ive seen no promo for it despite coming out tomorrow...

Out tomorrow for you? It's been out for a while where I live, but maybe we were one of the locations who received the initial limited screenings. Unfortunately it won't get the credit it's probably due for the title.

Last edited:
still need to watch prisoners and enemy which have had good reviews too

currently watching planes trains and automobiles 

Yeah, there's been nothing but positive reviews on Sicario.

Sounds like the must see movie of the past 2-3 months and candidate for movie of the year.

Can't wait to see it myself, I just want to plan it so I catch a few other movies on the same day.

Last edited:
Just randomly thought of the line, 'Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool dude.' and busted out laughing by myself. :{ :rollin

Zoolander.jpg

ptafreeze.gif

Finally got to see "Men, Women & Children". I had forgotten about it. Saw it on Hulu and just watched it. Reminded me a lot of "Disconnect". Loved that movie because of how real it is. This movie is just as real. I love seeing how ****** up this world is. Kids bullying each other, bad parenting, infidelity and everything. Not saying those are good things to see but it just opens your eyes and reminds you to get you **** together and what could be going on right around you.

So weird. I went on a Kevin Costner binge yesterday (pause). Got through Mr. Brooks, Bull Durham, Tin Cup, and I wanted to watch the GOAT Robin Hood but it wasn't on netflix. I searched for it all over the net and couldnt find it before falling asleep. Check my email today, 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves has been added to Netflix instant watch." :hat :hat :hat

laugh.gif

Some things are meant to be.

I watched Wedding Singer (cause it was on Netflix) and then Before Sunset again. Not quite the marathon and binge watching I did yesterday, but yeah.

Got some bad relationship news, so I'm feeling pretty god damn awful 
laugh.gif
 I think I might be watching a lot of Before Sunset coming up.

Just randomly thought of the line, 'Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool dude.' and busted out laughing by myself. :{ :rollin

Done the same thing many times. Just the other day in fact. I think it was something from Borat, but I just started randomly started cracking up and my wife was like, "what are you laughing at. Are you high?"

Also, that whole party scene in Zoolander is awesome.

"Hey, I gotta pee right now, but when I get back I'd really like to continue talking about this conversation..."

Winona was looking good there too. :smokin

:lol

I watched Wedding Singer (cause it was on Netflix) and then Before Sunset again. Not quite the marathon and binge watching I did yesterday, but yeah.

Got some bad relationship news, so I'm feeling pretty god damn awful :lol  I think I might be watching a lot of Before Sunset coming up.

Sorry to hear that Big J. Hang in there. Otha fish and all that. But if you have to get down with some sad relationship movies for now, go for it.

Paging rck3sactown rck3sactown - got any recommendations?

I still have the lists of "always makes you laugh" kind of movies from last year when I broke up with a girl, this one though... this one will be a lot worse
laugh.gif
. In love, best friends, planning on being together, and now she has to move away. It's been a hard couple of months and then I got that laid on me the other day.

I actually like Before Sunset because it's hopeful and romantic, despite there being some hard to deal with moments.

Seriously, the whole Before trilogy is must watch stuff, they're awesome.

Anybody watch The Affair? I feel like it's one of the most slept on shows, man.

Just saw that there's a series coming on about the OJ trial. Cuba Gooding is OJ, Courtney Vance is Johnnie Cochran. I predict its going to be terrible, but I might watch for the sentimental value/lulz.

prisoners :{ great build up leading to a weak ending.

:lol

Got some bad relationship news, so I'm feeling pretty god damn awful :lol  I think I might be watching a lot of Before Sunset coming up.

wedding singer is a great movie :lol prob sandlers best movie.

Last edited:
Anybody watch The Affair? I feel like it's one of the most slept on shows, man.
I watched a good portion of the first season & just stopped watching it (can't recall why).

Had to give it a shot due to the god McNulty :hat

I remember I liked how the show approached the story in terms of telling it from two different character perspectives (McNulty's & that Michelle Monaghan doppelganger). They would even change minute details like what the other person was wearing during each of the main character's recollection of events.

I need to give that show another shot now that I think about it :lol

My favorite thing that I remember though was that McNulty's boss from The Wire that would always **** on him is now his father-in-law in this show & STILL ****s on him :rollin

Last edited:
Yeah, I got cliches and things to try to cheer me up for days 
laugh.gif
 sometimes they work and help. One of my favorite quotes has always been "this too shall pass", it's good for when you're happy and sad, it can always be applied. It helps you appreciate the good times while you have them, realizing that they don't always last so enjoy it while you can. Helps in the bad times, that your suffering and struggles are only temporary.

I'm oddly okay right now, we just hung out for the first time in awhile, and I had a huge prepared list of **** I wanted to say and get off my chest, and I started to.. and then I realized it didn't matter and I just relaxed and enjoyed talking. I said what I had to say, nothing else you can do.

Since it's a movie thread, maybe one day soon I'll just be gone, not at work, won't say a word to anyone.. just gotta go see about a girl.

Last edited:
So weird. I went on a Kevin Costner binge yesterday (pause). Got through Mr. Brooks, Bull Durham, Tin Cup, and I wanted to watch the GOAT Robin Hood but it wasn't on netflix. I searched for it all over the net and couldnt find it before falling asleep. Check my email today, 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves has been added to Netflix instant watch." :hat :hat :hat

Something about Kevin Costner rubs me the wrong way, I could never get into any of his films where he's the lead

Yeah, I got cliches and things to try to cheer me up for days :lol  sometimes they work and help. One of my favorite quotes has always been "this too shall pass"

That's funny. The only time I ever talked to my mom about being down about a girl, that is exactly what she said. And it really did help.

Back
Top Bottom