Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

imagine if you watched interstellar and came out of the theater with the same feeling you had after watching chef

that's the martian 

Reactions: TXZ

Game of Thrones took some time for me to fall in love.

I was definitely intrigued, but didn't quite "get it" until I just watched more. I think I spent so much time trying to remember places, names, people, etc., that I couldn't appreciate and enjoy the show.
I'm sayin 
laugh.gif

I didn't think I'd like the ****** but he's easily my favorite right now and the 2 characters I thought I'd love got killed off 
indifferent.gif

^ Tyrion is just too smooth, man.

What he lacks in stature he more than makes up in charm & wit.

Last edited:
imagine if you watched interstellar and came out of the theater with the same feeling you had after watching chef

that's the martian 
Officially hyped. That's a great metaphor/example.

It's funny too cuz while I was interested in The Martian the entire premise is basically what happened to Dr. Mann in Interstellar just on a different planet/universe :lol and we all know how that played out with that character. So any time I see promo for The Martian I'm like how long until he goes insane, lies about how he survived so long, and then tries to kill the crew that comes to get him :lol 8o

That post-watching-Chef feeling aint no joke though. So now I'm looking forward to a feel good sci-fi joint.

Speaking of Chef, anybody interested in (or saw) Burnt starring Bradley Cooper?

Last edited:
i was not excited for the movie at all, but I went today just off some good reviews from fb friends. strange that matt damon playing a dude stranded on a planet can be my least favorite character of 2014 AND my favorite character of 2015 (hopefully star wars is good enough to chance that) 

J, is tonight your first time watching John Wick????? :eek 8o

Be prepared to throw that in your rotation if it is. I easily have 25+ viewings of it already. Perfect background film after 2-3 focused viewings.

that's the martian 

I have no clue how to take this.. I tried thinking about it.. But couldn't make sense of the two films together

I've already said I'm going judge this movie heavily going in because of Damon being in interstellar and now this.. But chef was well chef..

No Nolan and none of the baggage.. Son and father bonding.. Simple and likeable subject.. Simple and likable supporting characters.. And well the Martian seems pretty heavy

Last edited:
Sicario more than lived up to expectations. Holy ****. Emily Blunt was amazing; Benicio was masterful; everyone was fantastic. I think Emily is quickly turning into bae status.

8/8 I don't eem care. Top 3 of the year so far. So unpredictable and there weren't even any twists or turns in the story. Just amazing

Last edited:
i gotta say, major props to michael pena and his agent

from fury to antman and now the martian

the guy has picked some solid projects recently

and dude always plays one of the guys on the core team 
laugh.gif
 he's the derek fisher of hollywood 

and dude always plays one of the guys on the core team :lol  he's the derek fisher of hollywood 

end of watch :smokin

Bruhs :hat . Twisted, thrilling, all that. My girl just finished the book and wanted to watch the movie, I hadn't even heard of it before TBH.

I can see why it didn't do well in the U.S. Only made $24,000 and change being released in one theater. It made it's money over in the UK.

Last edited:
I already saw Wick, already loved it, I was just late to the hype train so I didn't talk about it with everyone. And yeah, I can definitely see myself watching it many, many times.

Bruhs :hat . Twisted, thrilling, all that. My girl just finished the book and wanted to watch the movie, I hadn't even heard of it before TBH.

I can see why it didn't do well in the U.S. Only made $24,000 and change being released in one theater. It made it's money over in the UK.

Movie was phenomenal, one of my girl and I's favorites.

Tilda just an amazing actor, Ezra Miller too.

and dude always plays one of the guys on the core team :lol  he's the derek fisher of hollywood 

End of watch >

Yeah I don't watch those movies either but it's because I already think most kids are aholes. I did like the movie Thirteen though.

Speaking of troubled youth, finally got around to watching good will hunting last night. Great movie

7.8/8

^
I've still never finished that movie. Always just get to the part where robin williams yells at him in his office.

Why do you stop watching?

Watched A Trip to The Moon this morning. Not sure how I would rate it but it was interesting as a fan of film

Fell asleep watching Black Mass last night. 

Man damn, I didn't realize Bulger was at large during my High School days and was alive, well and doing work through the eighties/nineties.

I graduated in 97' and he'd come up now and then in convo when all the Rappers were adding 'Don' Cappo' Cartegena, Noreaga etc to their names but, I thought he was long dead man. Crazy they didn't catch him until what, 99'

Just got out of sicario. Well directed with great performances all around but I would give it a 5.5/8

my problem with the movie was the emotional investment. The point of the movie is that it blurs the lines between good and bad but I ended up feeling indifferent about all the characters. I didn't care about the mission to get the bad guys and there was no protagonist to really root for.

Just because it reflects the hopelessness of reality doesn't make a movie good.

I loved Good Will Hunting.

It's funny, it's smart, it's emotional, well acted and written, iconic scenes and lines, I can just never say enough good things about that movie.

I'm definitely seeing The Martian on Monday, I might make it a double feature and see Sicario too.

Back
Top Bottom