Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's probably my favorite quote that's simple enough, but I can apply it to a lot of things and always helps.

I actually have a ring with that inscribed on it. It's my jam.

Doll and Em. I liked it. Kind of in the How to Make It In America, Bored to Death category. Not super funny, but amusing enough to be intersting. I'm going to keep watching.

Still disappointed they cancelled How to Make It in America 
tired.gif

I felt the story was really going to take off after the way season 2 ended.

Lake Bell busted out those melons too in one episode 
devil.gif

Last edited:
I'm about to start season 2 of The Wire..is it really as bad as I've heard all these years? S1 was so good man

Theon Greyjoy is such a douche in John Wick. Throwing women in front of him to save his ***. ***** made.

Last edited:
Nothing like a good Conan interview to make you appreciate late night. He and Andy sat down with Benecio Del Toro and it was just great from question to laughs. Talked about their daughters and Benecio being a father, his first movie in the Pee Wee Herman movie, doing a superhero movie, etc.

It made me realize Conan is now the most seasoned late night host on tv. Son has all the experience to thrive. Dude is enjoyable any time I tune in now.

On another note since it was brought up earlier, The Affair is a really good show. The strongest aspect of it is the drama between the relationship between the two main characters and how it affects their families. Not so sure about this murder case angle though but again it'll probably play off the how she saw it and how he saw it perspectives real well.

So weird. I went on a Kevin Costner binge yesterday (pause). Got through Mr. Brooks, Bull Durham, Tin Cup, and I wanted to watch the GOAT Robin Hood but it wasn't on netflix. I searched for it all over the net and couldnt find it before falling asleep. Check my email today, 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves has been added to Netflix instant watch." :hat :hat :hat

Something about Kevin Costner rubs me the wrong way, I could never get into any of his films where he's the lead
I slightly agree but Mr. Brooks and that JFK movie are the goods. He's more of a one note actor but that type cast role is done really well when he's on his game.

Don't dislike him cuz he's also apart of that older white male actors that lookalike to me along with Gere and Quaid :lol
I'm about to start season 2 of The Wire..is it really as bad as I've heard all these years? S1 was so good man
No it's not but keep in mind it's nothing at all like S1 in it's setting or cast or story.

Last edited:

Nah, season 5 is the worst imo and it's still really good

Season 2 just takes a complete turn and takes the story where nobody thought it was going

You appreciate it a lot more once you finish the series and see where it fits and why it was done

Sicario was great.

I've seen three amazing movies in the past few weeks.

Black Mass. Everest. And now Sicario. And I expect The Martian to be my favorite of the bunch.

Can't wait to watch it at Metreon this weekend.

Might treat myself to Sicario tomorrow for a morning movie at 1000 Van Ness.

Watching Fury right now, damn that movie is touching. Makes you realize how hellish war can be and why survivors always say "I'm not a hero....."

Last edited:
Nothing like a good Conan interview to make you appreciate late night. He and Andy sat down with Benecio Del Toro and it was just great from question to laughs. Talked about their daughters and Benecio being a father, his first movie in the Pee Wee Herman movie, doing a superhero movie, etc.

It made me realize Conan is now the most seasoned late night host on tv. Son has all the experience to thrive. Dude is enjoyable any time I tune in now.
Colbert is the only reason I've even watched any of the late night shows recently.. I never enjoyed leno, just didn't enjoy his brand of humor

was a hug letterman fan whenever I would watch, like watching him ether paris was the goods

So weird. I went on a Kevin Costner binge yesterday (pause). Got through Mr. Brooks, Bull Durham, Tin Cup, and I wanted to watch the GOAT Robin Hood but it wasn't on netflix. I searched for it all over the net and couldnt find it before falling asleep. Check my email today, 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves has been added to Netflix instant watch."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Something about Kevin Costner rubs me the wrong way, I could never get into any of his films where he's the lead
I slightly agree but Mr. Brooks and that JFK movie are the goods. He's more of a one note actor but that type cast role is done really well when he's on his game.

Don't dislike him cuz he's also apart of that older white male actors that lookalike to me along with Gere and Quaid
laugh.gif
never was a huge Costner fan, just didn't really buy into him being the main dude even at a very young age..

tin cup and the untouchables are probably his only movies that I've really enjoyed.. I didn't even think waterworld was THAT bad, just meh to me

Richard gere had the more quality career earlier on, to me

quaid just got in where he could fit in

tin cup and the untouchables are probably his only movies that I've really enjoyed.. I didn't even think waterworld was THAT bad, just meh to me

Richard gere had the more quality career earlier on, to me

quaid just got in where he could fit in
funny you mention that, I just wrote a fan fiction/review on that for my fantasy football league 
laugh.gif

I was looking through imdb and saw that the little girl from waterworld was also the girl from napoleon dynamite with the side ponytail. She's also on that new Sean Bean show, Legends.

anyone else really enjoy You, Me and Dupree? i've watched it like 50 times since hbo put it back up early in the summer. owen wilson killed that role

I was looking through imdb and saw that the little girl from waterworld was also the girl from napoleon dynamite with the side ponytail. She's also on that new Sean Bean show, Legends.

Yeah. I read an article recently saying that she took a break from acting for a while after Waterworld and Napoleon Dynamite was her first "adult" role.

anyone else really enjoy You, Me and Dupree? i've watched it like 50 times since hbo put it back up early in the summer. owen wilson killed that role

Yeah. Michael Douglass also was foul in that movie. I might have popped off on him in real life I he did that to me... Might.

Just got back from the Martian

Incredible movie, 8/8

Might be my favourite of the year

The movie was the perfect opposite of everything that was wrong with Matt Damon's character in interstellar

will watch it again on imax

3D doesn't add much

I've been binge watching a few HBO series I haven't got to these past few months.

Finished Boardwalk Season 5 
grin.gif

Season 2 and 3 might have been too good.

Entourage was the goods, actually thought they rushed the last season, could off added another now I need to see the movie.

I actually liked all the main characters.

Drama was dropping knowledge!

East Bound and Down was 
roll.gif

Finished season 1 of Game of Thrones and I'm kind of disappointed.

Not what I was expecting, will finish though. 

Game of Thrones took some time for me to fall in love.

I was definitely intrigued, but didn't quite "get it" until I just watched more. I think I spent so much time trying to remember places, names, people, etc., that I couldn't appreciate and enjoy the show.

Watched Bourne Identity and watching John Wick tonight.

I need to see The Martian, but I didn't feel like going to the movies alone on a Friday night, so I'll catch my Monday matinee since I work this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom