Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I watched RLM's review of The Phantom Menace.. and then today my brother and I watched the movie again. Yeah.. it still sucks.

Felt like watching a Christmas movie tonight, so I threw on Jingle All The Way.. and then within five minutes I said to myself.. "No.. that's not.. is it.." and a quick Google search confirms the young kid is in fact Jake Lloyd.. young Anakin Skywalker.

I might honestly be the first person in the history of the world to watch TWO Jake Lloyd movies in the same day.

Last edited:
Idk if Eric from True Blood can hold his own as the protagonist of a film but this trailer definitely has me interested. 

In for Margot Robbie & Christopher Waltz :pimp: :pimp:  

That is quite a cast. Had no idea that was coming out.

I watched RLM's review of The Phantom Menace.. and then today my brother and I watched the movie again. Yeah.. it still sucks.

Maybe so, but IMO it's still the best of the prequels. Rather watch Jake Lloyd and JarJar than the Amidala-Anakin courtship scenes in AOTC. And it has maybe the best light saber battle of all Star Wars movies. Plus, Duel of the Fates :pimp:

Idk if Eric from True Blood can hold his own as the protagonist of a film but this trailer definitely has me interested. 

In for Margot Robbie & Christopher Waltz 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

something looks off about the CGI apes

giphy.gif

Felt like watching a Christmas movie tonight, so I threw on Jingle All The Way.. and then within five minutes I said to myself.. "No.. that's not.. is it.." and a quick Google search confirms the young kid is in fact Jake Lloyd.. young Anakin Skywalker.

I might honestly be the first person in the history of the world to watch TWO Jake Lloyd movies in the same day.
RLM's half in the bag reviews are the best on youtube right now

dudes are comedy 

Finally saw Creed. A1 movie. Sly & MBJ so on point. Even the Bianca chick wasnt too bad either. MBJ had a lot of chemistry with her and it showed. Cinematography was so on point too. The fights were brutal and had me on the edge of my seat. I'm glad i watched all the Rocky's before too; gave a lot of weight to Rocky's situation and it hit me hard in the feels. Got me wanting to cop more tech fleece and start MBJ workout regimen.

Also watched The Good Dinosaur. Pixar def byke dropping 2 gems in one year. Its right up there in Pixar's 2nd tier films. Felt a little more geared towards kids but i was into the story of overcoming fear, even though it was a cliched Disney plot). The animation was some of the best i've seen in terms of landscapes and nature. Looked straight out of the NatGeo channel.

I hate Michael bay..

All those actors and I have zero desire to watch that Tarzan movie

i have one episode of Jessica Jones left. what a twisted, sick show.

Good/bad? Worth it? I've heard it's like Hancock.

I'm at a point where I think The Leftovers did a surprisingly good job at tying up a lot (obviously not everything) in the final few episodes of season two, and I can't imagine S3 ending in such a satisfying way for everybody.

This show does a great job at pointing out the vulnerabilities viewers at home have in their own lives W/O outright saying them and that's a hell of a thing.

I'm going to trust Lindelhoff to do the right thing based on how LOST ended (he's so aware of the critical reaction to his shows - based on Greenwald/Ryan's comments - after what happened with LOST's final season) that he'll only do something if he has an idea OR... he'll end it and HBO will undoubtedly keep him around to develop something else. Whichever I'm fine with. Didn't watch lost so I haven't been Lindelhoff'd unless you count S1 of The Leftovers which I pretty much do.

Lindeloff's already stated he's not going to give "answers" or wrap it up like we all wanted Lost to do. He doesnt care about that, he wants to focus on the characters and their story.

Which, tbqh, I'm okay with. I've learned to just go for the ride with his shows. Will there be weird **** with countless questions? Yes. Will we get answers? Maybe. Will I care if we dont? No.

He comes up with damn good stories, and this past season definitely didn't overwhelm with questions or mystical stuff we need answers to. They're purely types of MacGuffins to keep the story moving and confuse/mystify the characters as much as us. Kevin coming back to life gave Young Heisman the same reaction we had. No one can explain how, or why, but it is what it is.

If we do get a 3rd season, I don't expect it to be as good but momentum could keep it going strong. I just really hope we don't get the overwhelming plot devices and holes that Lost fell into.

Is it weird that I've completely ignored The Leftovers? Not even for any particular reason, but it's like my brain just never caught it despite my daily readings of entertainment news, reviews, etc.

Literally the only thing  I know about it is that dude Lindeloff is behind it and that the 2nd season is better than the 1st.

In other news, Nathan for You has been renewed 
laugh.gif

And for other fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000

about a day left in their kickstarter. They already have enough for 9 episodes, they're about a million short of their goal of 12 episodes/full season.

only shows I'm currently watching: fargo, you're the worst and the muppets

went through Jessica jones, as far as new shows go

I'm not currently watching any shows regularly. I'm either watching basketball or movies these days.

That said, I'm looking forward to the new HBO show coming on in January about the 70s New York rock music scene. Looks promising.

Plus, I just saw on IMDB that the woman who played the beautiful female Wildling leader in the Hardhome ep of GOT (and Pitch Perfect 2) is in it, so that's another plus.

Last edited:
i have one episode of Jessica Jones left. what a twisted, sick show.

Good/bad? Worth it? I've heard it's like Hancock.

I'm at a point where I think The Leftovers did a surprisingly good job at tying up a lot (obviously not everything) in the final few episodes of season two, and I can't imagine S3 ending in such a satisfying way for everybody.

This show does a great job at pointing out the vulnerabilities viewers at home have in their own lives W/O outright saying them and that's a hell of a thing.

I'm going to trust Lindelhoff to do the right thing based on how LOST ended (he's so aware of the critical reaction to his shows - based on Greenwald/Ryan's comments - after what happened with LOST's final season) that he'll only do something if he has an idea OR... he'll end it and HBO will undoubtedly keep him around to develop something else. Whichever I'm fine with. Didn't watch lost so I haven't been Lindelhoff'd unless you count S1 of The Leftovers which I pretty much do.
Million times better than handjob. JJ is awesome. Dark, witty, bizarre, disturbing. Fantastic.

What you expect when he does a movie with Borat?

I think Sasha Baron Cohen is a talented guy. Love the Da Ali G Show and the Borat movie. And he's been solid in some smaller parts in other movies , like Talledega Nights, his voice work in the Madagascar films, etc. But the scripted movies he's starred in have been pretty disappointing. The Ali G Movie and The Dictator were very marginal, mostly unfunny films with a few occasional laughs. That's what I expect from this newest one.

Back
Top Bottom