Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

This actually looks pretty good.. but I'm bummed Will Smith isn't returning.

That does look good but that's a huge red flag that Smith isn't in it. Either they couldn't afford him, or he didn't like the script. I'm not gonna buy the "He was too busy with other projects" excuse. Somebody dropped the ball

That does look good but that's a huge red flag that Smith isn't in it. Either they couldn't afford him, or he didn't like the script. I'm not gonna buy the "He was too busy with other projects" excuse. Somebody dropped the ball
Apparently the writer, James Vanderbilt had two separate screenplays he was working on.. one with and one without Smith.

http://deadline.com/2014/02/no-independence-day-sequel-for-will-smith-679420/

And the story was that either he didn't want to do sci-fi movies or he asked for too much money. Or he just didn't want to do it again. 

The commercial trailer I saw for ID had me thinking it was a completely different movie until I saw Goldblum :lol: Looks good though

:lol: @ Will possibly not doing sci-fi anymore. After Earth got him suffering trauma.

What?!? You mean to tell me that the virus from a floppy disk and a 1.000.000 year inferior technology didn't wipe them out? Well, I'm sure that 999.980 year inferior technology will do the trick this time around.

Honestly, when I saw that the ID trailer was up, I really didn't want to like it. But it does look good. I'm looking forward to it.

And Will Smith's movie choices are definitely curious these days, Won't do Independence Day again, but is good with a Bad Boys sequel.

Interesting thing is... I wouldn't have killed his character. Have him missing or something but don't kill him. He might want to come back if this does well and SS bombs

What good movies has will been in recently? I don't think people think his project choices have been good lately.

What good movies has will been in recently? I don't think people think his project choices have been good lately.

Since 2012 he's been in MIB 3, After Earth, Winter's Tale, Focus and Concussion. All were either very forgettable or downright bad. I haven't seen Concussion though, nor do I really have a desire to. The reviews haven't been great and, TBH, the subject matter isn't really something I want to watch a feature film about.

Yeah, concussion seems to have no interest from anyone. People thought there was going to be some controversy with the subject matter but nada.

RY6xnn.gif

Top 5 that I can remember off the top of my head:

Sicario
Mad Max
Ex Machina
The Martian
*spot reserved for Star Wars*

Does It Follows count as 2015? If so, knock the Martian off. The Big Short will probably knock another one off. Lets say... Sicario. But until then.

Oh and I'm pushing the Revenant and Hateful 8 to 2016. Wont be seeing them beforehand as far as I know.

Last edited:
id2 looks good. trailer has me hyped. will smith turns this down by cosigns after earth, focus and concussion :smh: just poor choices. that speech of part 1 before they go to war is one of the best speeches of all time. still sends chills everytime i hear it.

He also turned down The Matrix to do Wild Wild West and turned down Django Unchained and ended up doing Men In Black 3 instead

always great to pick a movie you know nothing about and have it end up being one of your favorites of the year

truman show 8/8

very cool concept and great execution 

I think the SyFy channel stepped their games up with The Expanse and this 3 part/3 night of Childhood's End

Just caught parts and the end of Childhood's end and they got me hooked for the next 2 days after I re-watch this one. They did something I'm sure that's passed most ppl's minds thinking about sci-fi what ifs that involve religion but this one takes the cake with the ending reveal. Made me laugh :lol: and got me way more intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom