Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Revenant was an amazing film..7.25/8..Leo is brilliant..Hardy was a great bad buy..Movie, director, cinematographer, Leo, and Tom all deserve the Oscar..Probably the best film of the year..

I want to see the Revenant so bad. Probably will have to watch it alone, since my wife showed no interest to the film lol.

Last edited:
The Revenant entered theaters locally yesterday and I caught a 7 p.m. showing with some friends.

Having seen the film and checking out the potential Oscar field below - one of the worst in recent memory - this is a year Leonardo DiCaprio may very well take one home, but he may lose out to Eddie Redmayne (haven't seen The Danish Girl, heard he was outstanding) and haven't seen Trumbo, so can't speak on that. The physical performance from Leo was really something that weighed on you throughout, and there wasn't much of a window for him to appeal to the audience on an emotional level considering what happens, but he really takes advantage of the limited time he has to develop something in that criteria. I'm trying to be as vague as I can about the movie while speaking on his performance, so excuse some of the phrasing but it's worth seeing in theaters.

I really enjoyed it. Donald Gleeson (I did not spell that correctly) was very good too (was in Ex-Machina and an episode of Black Mirror).

Golden Globe Nominations
BRYAN CRANSTON - TRUMBO
LEONARDO DICAPRIO - THE REVENANT
MICHAEL FASSBENDER - STEVE JOBS
EDDIE REDMAYNE - THE DANISH GIRL
WILL SMITH - CONCUSSION

Last edited:
gleeson's been in some good stuff. I thought he was the twin weasley brothers in harry potter but he played one of the other brothers.

The Revenant entered theaters locally yesterday and I caught a 7 p.m. showing with some friends.

Having seen the film and checking out the potential Oscar field below - one of the worst in recent memory - this is a year Leonardo DiCaprio may very well take one home, but he may lose out to Eddie Redmayne (haven't seen The Danish Girl, heard he was outstanding) and haven't seen Trumbo, so can't speak on that. The physical performance from Leo was really something that weighed on you throughout, and there wasn't much of a window for him to appeal to the audience on an emotional level considering what happens, but he really takes advantage of the limited time he has to develop something in that criteria. I'm trying to be as vague as I can about the movie while speaking on his performance, so excuse some of the phrasing but it's worth seeing in theaters.

I really enjoyed it. Donald Gleeson (I did not spell that correctly) was very good too (was in Ex-Machina and an episode of Black Mirror).

Golden Globe Nominations
BRYAN CRANSTON - TRUMBO
LEONARDO DICAPRIO - THE REVENANT
MICHAEL FASSBENDER - STEVE JOBS
EDDIE REDMAYNE - THE DANISH GIRL
WILL SMITH - CONCUSSION
no matt damon - the martian?

Fassbender got this 
pimp.gif

The Danish Girl is the only thing I got left to watch for award season. Among those GG noms (not including Redmayne) I don't see how Leo doesn't win.

The other guys were all really good but I'd be shocked to see Cranston or Fassbender get it over Leo.

On another note, Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel was a real fun time travel movie about 2 nerds and their friend :lol: 6.6/8

Last edited:
While Pee-wee's Big Holiday stole the lion's share of the attention, SXSW also revealed five of the other projects that will be screening alongside it during the 2016 fest. Joining the previously announced opening night film — Richard Linklater's "spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused" entitled Everybody Wants Some — are Jeff Nichols' sci-fi throwback Midnight Special, Athina Rachel Tsangari's Chevalier, docs about Slenderman and Tony Robbins, and the pilot episode of AMC's Preacher.

Pee Wee :lol: :pimp:

Saw deer hunter. Thought it was good but overrated. Felt like I was watching a movie about Russian Roulette at times. 3 hours long, and I didn't mind the length, just the lack of what was accomplished with it. Acting was great though.

Watched the assassin. I really wish I'd read this timeline of it which explained the whole plot beforehand. I wasn't able to follow. I actually recommend for anyone that plans to watch this that isn't familiar with the Chinese story it's based on to just read the plot beforehand. Or you'll likely wind up wasting your time plot-wise. It was visually beautiful to watch though. I plan on watching it again eventually just not any time soon.

And just watched ant-man. I found it cringe-worthy at times. Don't get why it got great initial reviews. I guess people had low expectations going in, which then led to me having not low expectations. It had a lot of enjoyable parts though. And I get that it was trying to be a parody at times, but it didn't hit me the right way.

And I'm late on the series, but I enjoyed the prisoner of azkaban though :lol:

Plan on watching Star Wars in theaters with my nephew soon to complete watching all 7

Last edited:
I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for the first time. I really enjoyed that movie. Almost 50 years old :lol:

Didn't know Raindrops are dropping on my head'was made for that.

why is will smith on that list for oscar contenders this year? :lol: concussion was ok but there was nothing outstanding about his performance.
i would love to see leo win for his performance in the revenant though i haven't watched trumbo, steve jobs or danish girl yet.

the revenant 6.2/8

great cinematography 

tom hardy was great

leo was decent, nothing too special imo

story was bland 

why is will smith on that list for oscar contenders this year? :lol: concussion was ok but there was nothing outstanding about his performance.
i would love to see leo win for his performance in the revenant though i haven't watched trumbo, steve jobs or danish girl yet.
Unlike the regular movie viewer response, I was seeing nothing but praise and critical acclaim from critics. They're talking like WIll's performance was an obvious Oscar contender.

Not the first time critics and viewers have had vastly different opinions.

I feel like any movie about concussions right now would be held in a high regard....regardless of the performance because there's a movement to bring awareness to NFL and the concussion problem.

the subject matter is definitely groundbreaking. i have the dr. omalu frontline interview queued up to watch this afternoon.

Unlike the regular movie viewer response, I was seeing nothing but praise and critical acclaim from critics. They're talking like WIll's performance was an obvious Oscar contender.

Not the first time critics and viewers have had vastly different opinions.
i just looked and see it has a 63% on rotten tomatoes which is pretty good and will's performance seems to be applauded. i think for me, i'd rather watch a documentary about this subject than a movie and will smith doesn't appear to have stretched his abilities in his role. to be fair, i think he did the best that most could do with what he was given though.

i have to get to trumbo because of how highly you rated it and your movies of the year are ranked about what my preferences are. gonna give steve jobs a watch but i'm unsure if i'll watch danish girl.

Back
Top Bottom