Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I learned something interesting about the beauty in the beast, the beast originally was a metaphor for a person with aids

Rewatching neighbors 2 
laugh.gif

Probably be better than the first. 

So is Iron Fist worth watching? 

logan was good. Actually liked it better than john wick 2. jw2 got a little repetitive to me after he murked the first 200-300 people.

Luke Cage is by far the weakest of the Marvel NETFLIX joints.
By far.
If it weren't for the music, LC would be pretty close to trash.

Not finished with Iron Fist yet... But it's looking like:

First half of Luke Cage > first half of Iron Fist

Second half of Iron Fist>second half of Luke Cage

I'm only up to episode 9, so there's still a lot of ball left to play.

In terms of music, LC wins by far but music is not that high of a priority to me.

Last edited:
I'm not sharing the sentiment of Finn as IF not working.
I really like his portrayal of this character.

I think his "softness" or naievitiy adds to the character, And I think he's damn near perfect in the role.

I've never met or heard of IF before NETFLIX so that might weigh in on my feelings too but for real, I like Finn here.

Last edited:
I'm not sharing the sentiment of Finn as IF not working.
I really like his portrayal of this character.

I think his "softness" or naievitiy adds to the character, And I think he's damn near perfect in the role.

I've never met or heard of IF before NETFLIX so that might weigh in on my feelings too but for real, I like Finn here.
I've been thinking of it and I'm leaning with agreeing.

I'm specifically dwelling on his naivety and easily trusting ppl. I liked it. He didn't grow up in that 1% lifestyle. Them monks had him on some other ****. Plus he's just a trusting dude given owopen he was to Ward given he was already a bully to him as kids.

As far as IF the comic, he's different. Thing is writers/showrunerr had some room to work cuz there is no long running IF comic and there's not a lot of early first years as IF stories.

IIRC, Danny didn't just dip after becoming IF. He stayed for 7 years training and defending K'un L'un before returning to deal with his parents murder and the Meachums.

So it's just wildly differe t with that dynamic. Also Danny doesn't have that much of a supporting cast so there's nobody for him to be too trusting of and he isn't super naive but there's nothing saying he couldn't have been when he was younger.

As far as Finn as IF I also had no problem with it. His acting fit the writing well.

Last edited:
Daaaamn. You're a tough customer b. Judging a show by its soundtrack lol.

I respect that opinion. I got my boy hype for Luke Cage when I told him all the episode titles were named after Gangstarr.

Maybe they'll name all the LC Season 2 songs after WuTang songs.

Luke Cage is by far the weakest of the Marvel NETFLIX joints.
By far.
If it weren't for the music, LC would be pretty close to trash.

I'll bet you were heated when Lala Land had to give up their award to Moonlight too. JK

I've never come across anyone who hated Luke Cage. IMO he's the most likeable of all the characters. DD was getting annoying in season 2 and JJ I couldn't get into.

Just finished The Magnificent 7. Way better than what I was expecting. Good popcorn flick. I wish it was rated R though. There were some perfect daker scenarios for some of the scenes :evil:

Only the brown guys survied in a Western film....well I'll be dammed :lol:

Currently on episode 9 of Iron Fist and I'm hoping there isn't a season 2. This character just isn't interesting enough on his own...

If we're talking Luke Cage, Cottonmouth should have been the villain all season. Diamondback was cringworthy.

Watching The Accountant

I've been laughing at the kills because Ben Affleck's face is so emotionless. I know its because of his Autism but its fun to watch a man struggle with a guy who just looks bored.

i think i read the first 3-4 books then stopped for no good reason. interesting to see how this plays out. the stand was an epic book but a horrible mini series and dark tower is much grander in scale so i can see why they're making it kind of a sequel to the series. maybe i can finish it up before the movie releases but i doubt it. those damn books are pretty long.

:lol: In general it can be cool but I'm not sure anybody particularly wants that.

Morpheus is Fishburne.

I figured they were going with new characters.

Last edited:
Lol so the Iron Fist show is getting a 7.5/10 from me.

Had loads of potential but the script needed serious treatment.

Last edited:
:lol: In general it can be cool but I'm not sure anybody particularly wants that.

Morpheus is Fishburne.

I figured they were going with New characters.

Yeah i would have much preferred a sequel or a reboot.

Theres nothing i want to see in a prequl except the actual robot war

Iron fist gets a 4.4/8 from me.. definitely, easily the worst of the 5 marvel Netflix seasons

The people vs OJ I got as: 6.8/8

Back
Top Bottom