Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

got 2 more episodes of 13 reasons why..

got lil nitpicky issues.. mainly because my mom is lawyer and well I'm now one too.. but I'd definitely recommend checking it out

13 reasons why > big little lies

just watched

the descent 6/10

the story of 5 or 6 girls who get trapped in a cave with dire consequences
why did the one girl maim the other girls leg? because she accidentally killed their other friend?
she was the most trill out of all of them

thats why she aint eem make it out ol delusional ***
need to talk about kevin 8/10

the story of a mother who lives with the memory of her son's horrifying actions
holy hell that kid woulda got whooped so bad every day of his life just for being an insufferable pos
i dont think the mom really did anything wrong, or at least not in any way contributing to his actions

and i think he might poked his sister eye out how he was eating that thing after it happened
melanchola 6/10

the story of a planet doomed for destruction
she really ****** dude where the whole wedding could see if only it was plot necessitated that NO ONE see it
she was a **** thru the whole movie but the sisters change was believable

running in the hail instead of looking for cover tho?

the father did them dirty just murking himself 
a cure for wellness 4/10

a wellness retreat is more than it seems
great premise, beautifully shot
performances sucked, plot sucked

it would have been better if they left out the fairytale crap completely and just made it like a stereotypical company doing testing on "patients"
it follows 6/10

a supernatural std haunts teenagers in the 80s
very boring, characters were forgettable
she shoulda just boned every guy she could find once she saw it the first time

pretending for half the movie like u dont know whats going on when dude gave u the playbook
dig two graves 7/10

a sheriff of a small town has a dark past and sins to atone for
if that little girl had really killed that boy to "bring back her brother"
was the back in the day sheriff the one who wanted the girl to leave his grandson alone?

just raped that mans wife like that
woodlawn 7/10

evangelical high school football story
surprisingly subverted my every expectation
when he refused to take the picture with the governor
triangle 9/10

a group of friends get stranded at sea after a storm and thats where things get weird
so in the end, she chose to stay in purgatory and repeat her toil forever 
a little shaky how she all of sudden morphed into bag over the head killer version tho

and little hard to believe that no one elses copies ever met like bag head kills everybody all the time until the movie starts

I wanted more verbal confrontation in that climax.

Ol girl didn't really get to confront her rapist.

After reading the book summary, they don't expand on past of Bonnie explaining her role in that. Plus there's no resolution just a scene on the beach with music.

Also why in the hell did they keep calling that trivia night? :lol That was some themed costume party karaoke.

I actually enjoyed the finale

Wasn't expecting Bonnie to be the one who pushed Perry. I guess it adds up tho considering she didn't have a "lie" behind her all series long and this was her breaking point.

Good call in this thread weeks ago about Perry being the one to rape Jane. Wasn't expecting Celeste's kid to be the bully tho, but again, that makes sense too.

Anybody messed with The Missing 

I watched Season 1 a few years back on BBC.

I guess FX picked it back up.

I saw it and didn't realize it was the same show.

You know, there were so many of these type of shows (The Returned etc.) floating around and being Americanized that I thought this was that, and not a continuation of the OG

MV5BNTk2NzU4OTc0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzcwNzMwNDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Season 1 was such a Thriller /Suspense and was left with a super super super Cliffhanger......had me madd hot when they weren't doing a Season2, I hope this one clears that up.

I want to say I watched the first ep of The Missing.

Was that the one where some couple's son or daughter but I'm pretty sure it was a boy went missing and then years later they're divorced and something happens with the case?

Last edited:
Wow I read the book so I knew the story was good. But for some reason I still felt like the netflix show was going to tell the story really badly..

I was wrong.

The first episode of 13 Reasons Why was pretty good.

This is going to be a hard show to binge still. You just know it's just going to get worse and worse until the season ends.

Last edited:
Wow I read the book so I knew the story was good. But for some reason I still felt like the netflix show was going to tell the story really badly..

I was wrong.

This is going to be a hard show to binge still. You just know it's just going to get worse and worse until the season ends.

My girl was watching this the other night. She read the book and loved it. I caught like a half hour of whatever episode she was on. I could tell it was well made but that show is NOT for me. Kid talking to his counsellor "you don't understand how hard life is! They PANSED me! You don't know what it's like getting picked on!" *Storms out of the room. This young affluent white kid is telling his first world problems story to a black man from a rough neighborhood and I'm just :rollin

I'll end up watching most of it, but I really can't relate to high school angst unless it's a comedy

That scene when Neyman forgets his drum sticks at the car rental spot and races back, then gets hit by a ******* truck is still one of the funniest parts in Whiplash.

One of the funniest comedic scenes in film :rollin

Last edited:

I was wrong.

My girl was watching this the other night. She read the book and loved it. I caught like a half hour of whatever episode she was on. I could tell it was well made but that show is NOT for me. Kid talking to his counsellor "you don't understand how hard life is! They PANSED me! You don't know what it's like getting picked on!" *Storms out of the room. This young affluent white kid is telling his first world problems story to a black man from a rough neighborhood and I'm just :rollin

I'll end up watching most of it, but I really can't relate to high school angst unless it's a comedy

Lol interesting. Well the show definitely isn't for you. Not sure why you would bother watching.

I'll be forced to watch it with the lady, so of course I'll try my best to be open minded. It could really be outstanding, I'm just saying that 30 minute random window I caught was hilarious and I could tell it was supposed to be serious :lol

I read the synopsis (and the wiki spoiler summary) for the book that the show is based on after a few of yall posted about it.

I have no interest.

Last edited:
My lady finished 13 Reasons Why tonight, and I watched the last two episodes with her without seeing any others.

I just wanna know why the deposition footage read "November 10th 2017" :lol did anyone else notice that?

Clay trying to blame the counselor wasn't cool IMO. He really made him out to be the reason why she went through with the suicide.

And I won't lie, the blading in the tub was WILD :eek

That blading in the Tub was almost too much.

I legit almost threw my lunch up.....even now typing this I'm getting the quivers and shakes. That was f'ing brutal to see man......f that.

sidenote: Yea Zik that is The Misssing. Season 2 is legit AF. I'm only on ep3 and it's about to go down like a MF man.

The bathtub scene completely threw me off because the show had mostly a PG vibe to it. That scene and when the parents first came in to find Hannah tugged my emotions.

I was wrong.

The counselor's reaction is what drew me in actually because they didn't go super white teeny bopper with it. "Nah the HS I was at people got shot, I don't know what 'pantsed' is".

Kind of dope they got Jamal Woolard (same guy who played Big in Notorius) to play Biggie but in the movie Notorius, Pac was played by Mackie, not by Demetrius Shipp Jr, who plays Pac in this film

The Missing

:eek
Bruh, :eek

Talk about a Thriller. Murder Mystery kid napping and Suspense, where it just never stops. A new break in the case at every corner, followed by a "damn I only thought I knew what was to come" expression.

Every time you think you know, the game is flipped, and it all intertwines, these are some real creep level individuals.

This is not going to end well and I guarantee is will be open ended when it is all said and done, man, just brilliant writing.

Starz killed the game picking this up.

I'm a few weeks/days late, but I plowed through Big Little Lies. First of all, I never in a million years would have thought this would be a show I got in to. I was hooked from episode 1. This is not hyperbole, but I think this was the strongest acting I've seen on HBO since True Detective Season 1. Might even top it. Also, the musical choices were PERFECTLY intertwined in the story that was being told. 10/10 (for music.) If we're going on the "8" scale, I'd give it a strong 7/8. With it being a mini-series, and with each episode being 45-60 minutes, I thought the character development was amazing. Also, one of the best things about the show was the interrogation scenes with the other parents, administrators, and teachers. Some funny stuff.

I'm a few weeks/days late, but I plowed through Big Little Lies. First of all, I never in a million years would have thought this would be a show I got in to. I was hooked from episode 1. This is not hyperbole, but I think this was the strongest acting I've seen on HBO since True Detective Season 1. Might even top it. Also, the musical choices were PERFECTLY intertwined in the story that was being told. 10/10 (for music.) If we're going on the "8" scale, I'd give it a strong 7/8. With it being a mini-series, and with each episode being 45-60 minutes, I thought the character development was amazing. Also, one of the best things about the show was the interrogation scenes with the other parents, administrators, and teachers. Some funny stuff.

I didnt even know what it was until a couple days ago. Seems like it would be something I dont think i'll like but end up liking like you said lol

Back
Top Bottom