Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finally saw 'get out'.. man imagine how much more powerful the film would have been if they went with the proper ending

Not talking the alternate ending..
What's the proper ending?
the police shooting him.. hell they could have had something where his friend actually convinced the cops to go out there
so you get the pain of his friend living in that moment, essentially being the audience.. knowing his friend went through something screwed up only to have that last moment of hope.. but then reality kicks in

That is the alternate ending.......
no it isnt.. he gets arrested in the alternate ending

we know damn well in real life, this is happening:

giphy.gif

In Baby Driver, did anyone else pay attention to the background when he's on the coffee run?

The lyrics in the song show up as graffiti on the wall, stickers, shop names.

I've never seen anything like this before. Definitely have to go see it again.
Yes, I thought it was fairly obvious.

I caught Baby Driver again last night. Movie is so much fun and Jamie Foxx is amazing.

Okja 6/8 - I thought it was good. Not my favorite Bong Joon Ho movie (Snowpiercer) and definitely not my favorite Netflix movie (Beasts of No Nation) though.

I caught Baby Driver again last night. Movie is so much fun and Jamie Foxx is amazing.

Okja 6/8 - I thought it was good. Not my favorite Bong Joon Ho movie (Snowpiercer) and definitely not my favorite Netflix movie (Beasts of No Nation) though.
You seen Memories of Murder? That one's my favorite from him. I did enjoy Snowpiercer a lot too.

watched the wailing last week. it's a pretty long movie (2.5 hours) and it can get slightly tedious (like when the priest is doing the ritual). very dramatic like all korean movies. overall it was pretty good. 5.9/8

saw snowden yesterday. big brother is watching :nerd: . jgl nailed it. woodley actually didnt look that bad.

8/8 (in case they watching)

6.5/8 (if everyones on vacation on not watching)
We all watched Snowden, thought for 10 seconds about how we've been tricked and tracked by volunteering the info and passing of laws, got scared, movie ended and we logged right back on Facebook amd checked emails and then before bed we went ahead and accepted the offer and ordered the new Credit Card with a 25k credit limit increase with the tracker chip inside to place in the wallet, next to our cell phone that's charging on the dash of the Chevy right next to the built in Navigation.(they know our every move my dude)

Boy we're so plugged in, we can't hide from a little fap session anymore, They even know our lotion preference :rofl:

We are got!

Last edited:
Yo, I'm 1 episode into GLOW and it might be on my top 10 favorite series in recent memory

Wow
It's really in my guilty pleasure top 5.
I've watched it once in almost one sitting, then we had it background for a second watch, I love it, love the feel and content and atmosphere.

Gilpin and Brie were born for those roles.

Why get rid of them?

The Witch was a fantastic movie; exceptionally detailed and tense as hell. I really enjoyed it.

The Babadook.... Well I didn't enjoy it as much. The protagonist and her kid didn't endear me and I didn't find the movie particularly scary. It was well paced imo, and the acting was decent except for the kid. Wouldn't really watch again.

finally watched wonder woman. man...people be overrating that movie. it was a pretty good overall but it was no dark knight. it wasn't even as good as civil war or winter soldier. i'd equate it to maybe dr strange except dr strange was probably a little better. it was a fantastic showcase for gal gadot though. doubtful if there are many who could have pulled that off. chris pine was pretty good but i guess his character is dead. there was plenty of interaction between wonder woman and steve trevor in the old comics. 6/8

finally watched wonder woman. man...people be overrating that movie. it was a pretty good overall but it was no dark knight. it wasn't even as good as civil war or winter soldier. i'd equate it to maybe dr strange except dr strange was probably a little better. it was a fantastic showcase for gal gadot though. doubtful if there are many who could have pulled that off. chris pine was pretty good but i guess his character is dead. there was plenty of interaction between wonder woman and steve trevor in the old comics. 6/8

I haven't heard a single person give it a review higher than this. Maybe peeps are just blown away that a DC universe movie actually resembled a real movie for once?

Back
Top Bottom