Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I haven't heard a single person give it a review higher than this. Maybe peeps are just blown away that a DC universe movie actually resembled a real movie for once?
i guess low expectations produce higher praise? people at work were making ike it's better than ice cream. the most interesting part of the movie was that the photo she took with the soldiers is actually the same photo from batman vs superman.

My view, WW being graded heavily on a curve.. being judged against the other DCEU movies.. then being the first major CBM movie with a female lead

Not that the movie is bad.. it has flaws.. but it had stuff that was just unnecessary.. and it could have tackled a more complex issue with Aries and it seemed like they were going to, but then they had the ending

Come home from work. Check movie channels. Exorcist is on. Insta hook

I got it 3rd on my horror movies rankings, after the shining and jaws

The stair spider crawl and the face that pops up in the background freaks me out everytime

Last edited:
Watched Okja on Tuesday. Enjoyed it throughout :smokin Followed that by a The Boondock Saints viewing. So criminally underrated to me.

Seen the Accountant this week..meh..pacing was all over the place and the movies was long AF

I watched it last week. I did like that affleck was like a terminator and murking people with ease. Dude had less emotion than a terminator. How his brother showed up again was stupid though.

Baby Driver was amazing. 

I was hyped for it and the movie delivered. Great action, funny, stylish, everything I wanted it to be.

Then up next, strong reviews for Spiderman and War of the Planet of the Apes? Bring it on.

I haven't heard a single person give it a review higher than this. Maybe peeps are just blown away that a DC universe movie actually resembled a real movie for once?
i guess low expectations produce higher praise? people at work were making ike it's better than ice cream. the most interesting part of the movie was that the photo she took with the soldiers is actually the same photo from batman vs superman.

My view, WW being graded heavily on a curve.. being judged against the other DCEU movies.. then being the first major CBM movie with a female lead

Not that the movie is bad.. it has flaws.. but it had stuff that was just unnecessary.. and it could have tackled a more complex issue with Aries and it seemed like they were going to, but then they had the ending
Definite grading on a curve.

Accountant is overhyped AF by some NT'ers.
It was entertaining but not even in the same universe as Wick as far as quality and entertainment goes.

Surprised it got a sequel.

that brother reveal at the end of the accountant took that movie into the dumper. what a stupid and clichéd plot turn. stupid.

yea the whole brother thing was unnecessary.. should have been something about the mob guys offing his dad and brother and him seeking revenge against the whole setup.. could even do something involving the mother

Becomes an accountant to track everything and expose everything in the organization.. then goes after the main folks responsible

Just felt like the movie would have benefited greatly from trimming some of the fat.. kill bill, john wick, taken and countless others work on simple revenge plots

It was entertaining but not even in the same universe as Wick as far as quality and entertainment goes.

There is going to be an Accountant sequel? I didn't hate it but I didn't enjoy it that much to want more :lol: .

Only cool part about the movie was the reveal at the very end with the voice.

Last edited:
So I watched Spawn for the first time last night....

How does McFarland let a movie that bad get greenlit? That's your baby. A movie at the height of your comics popularity and that trash is what they came up with? Within the 1st 10 seconds of the movie, hell with just seeing a screenshot of the opening credits, a child could tell how trash that movie was going to be. It looks like it was filmed in 1985 but came out in 1997.

Anyways, I enjoyed the hell out of it, despite it being such a low quality film. Any of you older cats remember what the reception was like when it released? Or what did you think when you first watched it?

i think it did ok but it definitely did not live up to its' potential. what i really liked about the movie was the soundtrack. each track paired an electronic music artist with a metal group.

It wasn't as good as Wick but it was very good.

But I'm beginning to see why some don't like it based on their criticisms.

Back
Top Bottom