Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

saw annabelle yesterday night. i dont know why i do this to myself :smh: i made it through the night papis. they did a great job building the suspense and focusing on the story early on. moms and variant scott eastwood did well. f dolls :x 7/8.

Last edited:
Finally caught Deepwater Horizon. Good flick. I especially enjoyed the dialogue between the BP staff on the rig (John Malkovich) and Kurt Russell/Marky Mark. They didn't spend TOO much time on the action sequences either which I was happy about.

Also sniped Sergei from the Wire S2 in the coast guard command scene. First time I've seen him in anything else.

Anyone catch Defiant Ones? Probably one of the best docs I've seen, watched all 4 episodes... amazing footage!!

Jimmy Iovine really is a genius and pioneer. He had his hands involved in so many monumental ****

Sooooo who here has seen Gantz:0 ? I hadn't watched it for the LONGEST because I thought it was a generic anime or something. Turned out to be AMAZING, from what I watched. Had to go to work about 45 mins in, but as of now I'm giving it above a 7/8

That movie had me mesmerized

I don't think I looked away from the screen once

Six Degrees of Separation

I've never seen this Film.
I've always passed it by on the channel surf or even when my parents first brought it home from Blockbuster on VHS back in 93-94.
Back then, I was 14 and couldn't be bothered with such "foolishness", I was watching Boyz in the Hood, Menace to Society, Poetic Justice, with my FREE time.

Well, 5 minutes in and I was as glued to the screen as Geoffrey, Flan and Ouisa were to Paul whilst he talked on about his "father", Sidney Portier.

I'm now about 1/2 an hour in and I must say, I'm glad I got stuck on the channel instead of surfing on by.

Not sure if I'll still like it by the end but so far, this is pretty good story telling.

Last edited:
Sooooo who here has seen Gantz:0 ? I hadn't watched it for the LONGEST because I thought it was a generic anime or something. Turned out to be AMAZING, from what I watched. Had to go to work about 45 mins in, but as of now I'm giving it above a 7/8

That movie had me mesmerized

I don't think I looked away from the screen once
My exact reaction. Mesmerized. Joint was thrilling from beginning to end. I wish I could have watched it in IMAX. Would have been EPIC

Last edited:
My 2017 movie list so far:
1) Hidden Figures 
2) Moonlight
3) Spirderman Homecoming
4) Goodnight Mommy
5) RAW
6) Moana
7) Power Rangers
8) Furious Seven
9) Logan
10) Get Out
11) Train to Busan
12) The Search for General Tso
13) Alien: Covenant
14) War Dogs
15) Ex Machina
16) John Wick: Chapter 2
17) Kong: Skull Island
18) LIFE
19) Wonder Woman
20) The LEGO Batman Movie
21) Collateral Beauty
22) Nocturnal Animals
23) ZOOTOPIA
24) Perfect Blue
25) Ghost World

Just watched Train to Busan.

It was pretty mediocre to me. Not gruesome. Nothing intelligent about it. Wack cinematography. No humor. I can't really think of a weaker zombie film I've seen in my lifetime.

Didn't even seem like a different cultural perspective, it being a foreign film and all. Could have been "Train to Cleveland." And the only thing different would have been no subtitles. That's kinda weak imo.

4/8

the korean flair in that movie comes by way of the over-exaggerated drama between the characters. all of the agonizing and crying is typical of a k drama soap.

Tarantino's next project gonna be the Manson murders? :nerd: :wow: :pimp: [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The Defiant Ones: Episode 3, Part 3

Absolutely Epic.
I've got 1000+words on this easy, but I have to get to work.
Inspired beyond belief right now.

Last edited:
I mean I was already gonna watch but eh I feel like the Manson murders is so old hat that I've seen for myself every which way.

No doubt QT's take will be unique but I would've preferred something else. Especially if this is his last joint.

Hopefully he takes a lot of liberties or a light adaption or an original story within that context and setting.

Last edited:
The Defiant Ones: Episode 3, Part 3

Absolutely Epic.
I've got 1000+words on this easy, but I have to get to work.
Inspired beyond belief right now.
i'm most of the way through episode 3. i could also write an essay on how good this documentary is to me personally. each story is beautifully told. i loved the small part with patti smith. i really loved how jj fad fit into the nwa timeline. i love anything with trent reznor/nin. the old footage of gwen stefani is touching. the thought of suge playing football with the kennedys is hilarious. everything up to where i left off is amazing. i may be biased because much of the music in it has been a huge part of my life but damn this is a great watch. i'm sure the rest of it will be amazing.

on a side note, if you like this documentary and like classic rock, sound city is another great documentary.

I literally came in here to speak on Defiant Ones.....

Oh my GOD this is great.

The behind the scenes photos and videos.

Bruce, Petty, Bono, Geffen, Nicks, Reznor, Em, Gwen, Cube, DOC (!!!!) Snoop, Nas, Puff, Dre.....unbelievable.

Bruh, 20 ****** years later, Puff SPEECHLESS bout Suge. SPEECHLESS. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He literally couldn't talk, I was cryin. :lol:

Gwen was such a doll, she look like Bambi in those old vids.

Dude was crazy smart hirin producers and giving them free reign.

Called in to work on Easter Sunday, and John Lennon sittin there waitin for ya.....son. Just.....

This the best thing Hughes done since Menace. Tremendous doc. Can't wait for the last one tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom