Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was locked out of a house I'm remodeling so no early morning work, I'm about to get on those other eps of Defiant Ones in the meantime.

Man I knew it was a 4part series but I thought they were stand alone, featuring ABC artists on each episode so I watched 3first.

I'm going to watch 1-2 now.

Yea Stuntman, I'm definitely partial because of the music and what it means to me.
I always bumped Manson because his music sounded so good to me, could care less about his looks, genre or fitting in.

It was funny because I had this 92' Saturn that was dropped on some 13X7 reverse McLean Wheels and I sported an Afro or Braids and wore KarlKani and Timbs, and I d roll up with Antichrist Superstar blaring through those 15in Vegas with 3000watts of FossGate pushing them and folks would lose their mind like wtf is this dummy listening to :rofl:

But yea man, all that music is special to me. Interscope literlally had it all.

Last edited:
Just watched..

MV5BNzQxNTIyODAxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQyMDA3OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I mean I was already gonna watch but eh I feel like the Manson murders is so old hat that I've seen for myself every which way.

No doubt QT's take will be unique but I would've preferred something else. Especially if this is his last joint.

Hopefully he takes a lot of liberties or a light adaption or an original story within that context and setting.

I really wanted QT to bless us with a sci-fi joint. I know he makes films that HE thinks are cool, but I always hoped he was striving to be like Kubrick or Speilberg. Both those directors had epic sci-Fi joints. Basically he's stuck with crime/action thrillers. And a couple history gems.

Tarantino's next project gonna be the Manson murders? :nerd: :wow: :pimp: [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

:wow: :wow:

Man that be so sweet!

Also some of you guys make lists of what y'all watched this year?

Dang it would be like 100 movies so far :lol: is it list of 17 or overall what y'all seen?

Tarantino's next project gonna be the Manson murders? :nerd: :wow: :pimp: [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

:wow: :wow:

Man that be so sweet!

Dang it would be like 100 movies so far :lol: is it list of 17 or overall what y'all seen?

However you want to list them, ones you've seen this year for the first time, or only 2017's, whatever you want. Mine would be pretty lengthy too I'm guessing. Will try in a lil bit.

Mine so far

Hidden Figures
Live by Night
Split
John Wick 2
Logan
Beauty and the Beast
CHIPS
Fate of the Furious
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Alien Covenant
Pirates of the Caribbean
Wonder Woman
The Mummy
Rough Night
Transformers The Last Knight
Baby Driver
Spiderman Homecoming
Legend (Non 2017)

and I'm spacing on any other films I've seen not from this year. :lol: Did just watch Legend last week tho, loved it. Hardy was top notch. And loved ole girl from Sucker Punch.

Holy ****, Scorsese did it. Joe Pesci is coming back to film The Irishman, with DeNiro and Keitel. :wow:

Tarantino's next project gonna be the Manson murders?
nerd.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
eek.gif
eek.gif

Man that be so sweet!

Dang it would be like 100 movies so far
laugh.gif
is it list of 17 or overall what y'all seen?
However you want to list them, ones you've seen this year for the first time, or only 2017's, whatever you want. Mine would be pretty lengthy too I'm guessing. Will try in a lil bit.
I join a yearly 50 book/50 movie challenge every year. The list was all the movies I've seen for the first time this year so far

I need to add Split to my list

Last edited:
just finished up the defiant ones. fantastic documentary. i'll be pushing this one on everyone that loves music.
i had no idea trent reznor was that high up the food chain in the music biz as an exec. it's funny how much of his music they used in the documentary, especially some of the lush quiet stuff (i think they used la mer from the fragile at one point). they need to do a documentary on trent reznor. dude is a musical genius.

a-friend: when i started downloading flac files to rebuild my music library, one of the first bands i hit was manson.

interesting song played on the end credits. dr dre song. the beat/music is insane. the rapping, not so much :lol:

I have a promo code that you gets a ticket for War for the Planet of the Apes for only $4, no fees or taxes.

Hit me up.

Update: It's gone.

Last edited:
I mean I was already gonna watch but eh I feel like the Manson murders is so old hat that I've seen for myself every which way.

No doubt QT's take will be unique but I would've preferred something else. Especially if this is his last joint.

Hopefully he takes a lot of liberties or a light adaption or an original story within that context and setting.

I really wanted QT to bless us with a sci-fi joint. I know he makes films that HE thinks are cool, but I always hoped he was striving to be like Kubrick or Speilberg. Both those directors had epic sci-Fi joints. Basically he's stuck with crime/action thrillers. And a couple history gems.
Yeah a sci-fi joint by QT would be dope and is needed.

• Danielle broke up with Donald...
  • He had a side piece(s) ; alleged side piece(s) & exes apparently snitched on him through facebook ( contacted Danielle) ...
  • He got in contact with Korey through the chat-a-tat ( reasoning: Danielle ignored his calls throughout the day(s) )
  • Shortly after, Donald showed up at the studio to see Danielle, face to face; she wasn't having any of it...AT ALL...
  • Korey and Oz turned into Dr Phil for about 20 minutes or so to council Danielle and Donald, then Donald left...

Boy. No wonder she was thotin about on Snapchat.

I kinda wish QT would make a Sci-fi movie. A sci-fi crime thriller would be ill

Last edited:
just finished up the defiant ones. fantastic documentary. i'll be pushing this one on everyone that loves music.
i had no idea trent reznor was that high up the food chain in the music biz as an exec. it's funny how much of his music they used in the documentary, especially some of the lush quiet stuff (i think they used la mer from the fragile at one point). they need to do a documentary on trent reznor. dude is a musical genius.

a-friend: when i started downloading flac files to rebuild my music library, one of the first bands i hit was manson.

interesting song played on the end credits. dr dre song. the beat/music is insane. the rapping, not so much :lol:

Investing in visionary producers and mentoring them instead of just acts and giving them their own label and leeway was brilliant. They'll not only make incredible timeless music, but bring in other timeless acts and producers to do the same, repeat that cycle over and over. Seems so obvious but it's crazy to see the fruits of it.

I just finished episode2 so I can knock out this part 4 now.

Side note: Episode opens up Dre is doing an interview (97') where he's at the Boards and has on a kani Sweater and the greatest timepiece ever built, The All Gold Presidential with the Yellow face. :pimp: :smokin

I never put on another watch.
It just doesn't get any better to me.

Last edited:
Jimmy and Liberty's Wedding :wow:

Holy **** that crowd.
What a group.

These boys are doing Schools now bruh's, Schools man.
Jesus, what a path.
What a trail they blazed.

C CP1708 definitely the best thing Hughes has touched since Menace.

Last edited:
i looked up allen hughes on imdb and book of eli wasn't THAT bad. he also directed the music vid for korn's here to stay. i love that song :lol: and yeah! the wedding! can't even imagine what that was like.

started watching that gantz:wow: had no idea i was about to watch a cgi movie. got about 1/3 of the way through and it's pretty good so far. wonderfully gory. will finish it up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom