Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

LMAO I was the movie about 2 weeks ago on a Friday night just because. It was horrible rewatching it but it was still entertaining, certainly a great movie for showing off surround sound system.
p159727_p_v8_av.jpg
Miami Vice was truly ahead of its time... They will never be able to recapture the magic...
True, but as I got older I started thinking how could he afford those cars on a cops salary.

Just got out of Atomic Blond. 6.3/8

As far as feeling I went from this is a good movie to this is solid to that was a dope espionage action flick.

There is no hesitation in hitting you with this is a movie set in 1989 set in Berlin right before the wall drops. From clothes, to the music to the feel of it. Appreciated that to an extent.

The main thing that shines in this movie is Charlize's fight scenes. And I got to give props to Lietch cuz he switcued up the fighting style and execution along with how he filmed some fight scenes. It was great. She came off as a skilled fighter but still a woman so moves attempting to get leverage, the defense, getting thrown around all looked good.

The only thing arguably better than that was Charlize and Sofia Boutella's sex scene. I was satisfied when they just made out but then when the draws came off it took me to another place. I was so happy.

Now the story was good but I feel as if midway part of the movie they were relying too heavily on the 80s music to make up for a plot that didn't have all of the necessary things in a script to keep you fully engaged. I managed to look at my phone and still keep up with the mystery of Satchel and the plan to get Spyglass and his fam across the border.

In the end, I liked the twist and the final fight scenes.

The movie had some strong espionage film atmoshphere and some Bond vibes. I don't know how to explain how but it seemed to be even better cuz she was a woman.

Will watch again.

Last edited:
Just got out of Atomic Blond. 6.3/8

As far as feeling I went from this is a good movie to this is solid to that was a dope espionage action flick.

There is no hesitation in hitting you with this is a movie set in 1989 set in Berlin right before the wall drops. From clothes, to the music to the feel of it. Appreciated that to an extent.

The main thing that shines in this movie is Charlize's fight scenes. And I got to give props to Lietch cuz he switcued up the fighting style and execution along with how he filmed some fight scenes. It was great. She came off as a skilled fighter but still a woman so moves attempting to get leverage, the defense, getting thrown around all looked good.

The only thing arguably better than that was Charlize and Sofia Boutella's sex scene. I was satisfied when they just made out but then when the draws came off it took me to another place. I was so happy.

Now the story was good but I feel at.is way part of the movie they were relying too heavily on the 80s music to make up for a plot that didn't have all of the necessary things in a script to keep you fully engaged. I managed to look at my phone and still keep up with the mystery of Satchel and the plan to get Spyglass and his fam across the border.

In the end, I liked the twist and the final fight scenes.

The movie had some strong espionage film atmoshphere and some Bond vibes. I don't know how to explain how but it seemed to even better cuz she was a woman.

Will watch again.

Best review I've read all year.
I will watch this right now because of it.
Good stuff.

ONe thing I've learned to hate, and I mean absolutely HATE in action flicks is the editing where you don't see what is going on.

Like, say Villian is punching the hero with like a 6punch combo and you don't see 1 real hit land because the camera moves from punch to punch before they land, so you see the wind up of the punch, and then you see the head snapped back like it just got hit....never the punch land.
It's such a mess and everyone does it.

Someone posted a Jackie Chan video of him telling the difference between his Films compared to Americas Action films....and I was never the same.
Anyway, just saying I hate that kind of edit more than anything in film.

These small town cops treating jessica biel so nice. On svu they yell at a possible suspect the whole time and threaten them.

Umm, the murder scene in Sinner just played on tv. :wow: :sick:
Yeah, its crazy USA was showing part of that stabbing scene in their promo.commercials before the show came out. So I'm like Damn homey just caught the blade to the jugular.

But obviously they did not show the gruesome part of him bleeding out and basically him drowning in his own blood.

Someone posted a Jackie Chan video of him telling the difference between his Films compared to Americas Action films....and I was never the same.
Any chance you can post that vid? :nerd:

Best review I've read all year.
I will watch this right now because of it.
Good stuff.
One thing I forgot to add (thought I did).

James McAvoy was very good in this. Not an amazing performance but another strong performance where he really became the character and he was nothing but a plus to the story.

Its almost criminal that in the whole promotion and talk about this movie it isn't mentioned more that he is co-starring/the supporting actor in the movie.

He is quickly becoming one of those actors where you just expect a satisfying performance whether he's the star or not.

Last edited:

I knew this when I was younger just being a fan of his work but I didn't know he was a director as well. This goes for a lot ofnother martial arts flicks as well. I figured he and someone else were solely in charge of the fight choreography but this vid really explains that the time it takes, the wide shots necessary, and the proper editing to make this look like real fighting.

I use to say if a movie wants to get great fight scenes, get Jackie and his team of stunt ppl to do the fight choreography. Son is a master.

Man, I really liked King Arthur. It's not a great film, but it was way more entertaining than I expected. Hunham did a great job, Jude law makes an awesome bad guy. The plot was pretty terrible and all over the place, to the point where I didn't really care. Ritchie did his ritchie thing with the script and the cinemetography, he just added a ton of busy special effects. Movie was probably meant to be 6 hours long, but was edited into one movie.

Looong story short, 5.2/8 It is worth a watch with a GF from Redbox.

Umm, the murder scene in Sinner just played on tv. :wow: :sick:

Started this up last night to give it a shot, but I was dozing off (tiredness, not boredom). I'll have to run it back again today. It came off as very The Night Of-ish, and if that continues in the next two, three episodes, I may pass on finishing. But I'll see how it unfolds.

Finally got around to seeing Dunkirk... I loved it. Didn't know anything about it at all before seeing it and the structure did take me a little bit to get used to but once I did I loved it. My only initial complaint was the sound mixing was an issue, I could barely hear the dialogue in some moments. It could be my theater, but it reminded me of the same issues understanding Bane in TDKR. There were just a few lines of dialogue where between the accent and the score and sound, I couldn't distinguish what the actors were saying.

The tension and suspense was built up throughout the movie, as soon as you felt comfortable.. boom.. another bombing run, another torpedo, another horror of war. I kept waiting for them to pull you out of the action in the first ten or fifteen minutes and set the stage outside the beach like we're used to with more traditional war movies, but I loved that Dunkirk kept you in the middle of it the entire time. Exposition was kept very simple and basic and that's all we needed. The use of the different timelines worked so well, like when you got to see Cillian Murphy before the sinking and he was a confident and assured leader, but after he was shaken and shellshocked.

So many great scenes, the final shots on the beach with Hardy, the silence in the air with the fuel, the shots of the soldiers panicking when the bombings came, the underwater scenes, everything just worked so well. I need to re-watch it to catch a lot more details and moments.

Started this up last night to give it a shot, but I was dozing off (tiredness, not boredom). I'll have to run it back again today. It came off as very The Night Of-ish, and if that continues in the next two, three episodes, I may pass on finishing. But I'll see how it unfolds.

nas would wish he was a white woman in that small town. They were treating her like she was a vip hotel guest except for the time she was in her jail cell and screaming for a sleeping pill.

I can see how the detective wanting to know why she did it get very annoying.

Probably going to the movies today. It was between Apes and Atomic Blonde. I got out voted so I guess we are watching Apes.

Just saw the trailer for the remake of Death Wish directed by Eli Roth, starring Bruce Willis.

It looks good and is more of the great old action stars killing for some revenge but it does not have that classic Death Wish super dark hard rated R feel.

The Dark Tower 5.4/8

Gotta say I'm glad I never read the books (although I've read some of the comics) to know what was missing from this movie cuz it seemed to have a lot of good stuff and potential going for it but stripped down bare for this movie to make a pretty simply straightforward flick.

MM was great. I can't wait to see him as a villain in other movies. As a villain he just had a chilling presence. Idris was good. The script could've been better to get in to his feels.

The action was pretty good between Walter's magic and Roland's gun skills but again they could've done better and more with some of the shootouts. I read some critic saying this was suppose to be a Matrix meets Lord of the rings meets Wanted. What we got was 2 steps down from that.

Young kid was okay. Story itself again was straightforward. They explained the sci-fi part well but I wish they went deeper with fantasy **** with the monsters. Only real hope they gave the franchise was the ending and how its different from the book.

Detroit 6.4/8

Good movie but mindnumbingly frustrating. These racist white piece of **** cops :stoneface:

So ****** up. Planting the knives. This dumbass cop actually killing the kid. This dude Fred refusing to get with the program to save his own life. Homey being so scarred he can't even perform for white ppl. Those white girls getting a heavy dose of the black discrimation experience getting treated like prostitutes. Just the belittling and disrespect and of course they get off on trial.

Some highlights were seeing kid who played Ralph from NE. Jim from The Office popping up :lol: Walt from Lost. Chris Partlow. Gilly and Easy E. Strong performances all around.

Chris from Everybody Hates Chris getting shot twice though :smh:

I also liked the directorial style of this movie. The shots, the decisions on not relying on wide shots for certain scenes with characters in motion but going handheld.

Back
Top Bottom