Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yoooooooo has anyone seen the movie The Incident?!

My mind has been ****ed. Some crazy crazy Twilight Zone stuff. I was getting kinda pissed at the film until they FINALLY start explaining things. Then my mind was blown! Peep it on Netflix

5.6/8

I really liked Kingsman 2. Upgraded, advanced, over the top but not moreso than this first one, solid cameos, Roxy looking flat incredible......solid sequel.

6.5/8

Saw it earlier today. Surpised it has such a low percentage on rt. And I agree, Roxy was looking good. She definitely needed a ton more screentime. Her and clara both look better than tilde.

For me Golden Circle wasn't better than the first. It was entertaining but just a solid sequel.

It had a bit too many cliche things in it that never landed emotionally (Kingsman being wiped out, death of agent Lancelot after her story arc in the first installment, death of Merlin, the whole Eggsy's gf thing, etc.)

For that one dude that doesn't like Channing Tatum, you might as well watch cuz dude is barely in this :lol: They put him on ice for the majority of the movie.

Good action as expected. My audience applauded the final fight against agent Whiskey and how he was killed.

5.8/8

Last edited:
I'm positive we'll see Lancelot again.
They gonna pull another secret service agency from another country saving her like they did with Statesman and Galahad Sr.? :lol:

Where now? Germany? Ubermenschman? South Africa's Tribesman? :lol:

It is true her death could've been more definitive so there is room to play with it.

I just don't know what they do for the 3rd installment. Vaughn is gonna have to really come up with sonething good.

So I'm cooped up at some rinky dink hotel for a week for work. Watching some HBO and Assassins Creed just started. I'm about a half hour in and it seems really good.

Can someone who's seen it give me their opinion on it? I think it bombed at the box office and got trashed by critics yes? Any reasons why you did, or did not like it?

It gets muddled with the plot and just isn't executed as well.

It didnt excel with what it was trying to be.

The action, the mind**** with the flashback memories, and the threat being stopped don't all mesh well.

Just saw this, yesterday. Was pretty good.

p14173057_p_v8_aa.jpg

I'm thinking of seeing Stronger cuz inlove Tatiana Masalany and Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my fab actors.

Anybody seen it?

I group that movie Brad's Status with stuff like The Loneliest Boy in Brooklyn; I'll peep when its on cable.

Last edited:
I'm thinling of seeing Stronger cuz inlove Tatiana Masalany and Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my fab actors.

Anybody seen it?

I group that movie Brad's Status with stuff like The Loneliest Boy in Brooklyn; I'll peep when its on cable.

Regarding Brad's Status: Honestly, I only went and see it because it had a high percentage on Rotten Tomatoes. Yeah, I fell for that trap. :lol: There were only a couple of people in the entire theater. Heard the lady sitting behind me tell her friend "this movie is depressing". :lol: Since it received high reviews and being new and all, I was surprised at how empty the theater was. It was VERY slow paced, not a particular style that would appeal to the masses. It was just okay.

Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Theodore Roosevelt in Martin Scorsese-Directed Biopic

leonardo-dicaprio-theodore-roosevelt1.jpg

Paramount Pictures has set up the biopic “Roosevelt,” revolving around the life of Theodore Roosevelt, with Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star as the former president and Martin Scorsese on board to direct.

DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing through their Appian Way banner, along with Scorsese and Emma Koskoff through Sikelia, with Chuck Pacheco also producing. DiCaprio and Scorsese currently have a first-look deal at studio.

Scott Bloom will pen the script.

The former president had a wide-ranging career that started in the Navy with strategies still studied today in the U.S. military. His rise in politics began as the governor of New York and ended all the way in the presidency following the assassination of William McKinley. His efforts in conservationism and preserving the country’s national parks are considered some of his greatest achievements as president, and making the project a natural fit for DiCaprio, given his own efforts in climate change and environmentalism.

DiCaprio and Scorsese are currently developing a handful of films including “The Devil in the White City” and “Killers of the Flower Moon.” They last worked together on “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

DiCaprio is repped by LBI Entertainment while Scorsese is repped by WME and LBI. Deadline Hollywood first reported the news.

http://variety.com/2017/film/latest...in-scorsese-teddy-roosevelt-movie-1202573721/

unlike QT who wants to be auteur as hell and quit within the next film or the one after forever

The Dead Zone with Christopher Walken was a very bland movie, largely in part by Mr. Walken's acting. The only good part was the ending.

Back
Top Bottom