Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Mummy doesn't see too bad so far. Not sure why it got hate.

I'm so over Tom Cruise as a lead in 2017 though

Could've given his role to someone like Chris Pine

:lol: Chris Pine can't gross an 8th of what Cruise does.

That's why Tom will keep getting lead roles until he's in his 60s. Dude rakes in the dough.

I don't understand his following on NT

He has no fans in America anymore. The box office overseas are what's been keeping his movies afloat lately

i think tom cruise off-screen is a weirdo but on-screen dude is a juggernaut. he hams it up sometimes but rogue nation and edge of tomorrow were awesome movies and those are pretty recent. his filmography puts him way up in the stratosphere man.

My problem with the mummy was the execution, not who they choose for the role.. or who is driving it behind the scenes

thought the take on Dr Jekyll and Hyde was bad.. aspects of the movie was aiiright but that was about it

I don't understand his following on NT

He has no fans in America anymore. The box office overseas are what's been keeping his movies afloat lately
So basically you're an ignorant American that doesn't understand why one of the biggest movie stars ever is still beloved all around the world

:lol: Ok

The audiences around the world don't just follow what the American audiences like.

Also saying he has no fans in America is a lie. You seem outta touch.

Wait until the next Mission Impossibsle rakes in more dough in America.

i think tom cruise off-screen is a weirdo but on-screen dude is a juggernaut. he hams it up sometimes but rogue nation and edge of tomorrow were awesome movies and those are pretty recent. his filmography puts him way up in the stratosphere man.

Edge of Tomorrow was a great movie, despite Tom. But, have you seen how much it grossed?

His box office numbers in America aren't what they used to be except for the mission impossible stuff. edge of tomorrow, mummy, and the new jack reacher underperformed. I wouldn't go to the theater and pay to see any of his movies unless a new Top Gun is made.

I think it would be more practical for Hollywood to cultivate a fresh face and build his brand than to keep dipping into the well that is Tom Cruise.

Outside of Reacher and MI, Hollywood has been giving him Sci Fi movies lately and I don't think it's working.

They could've been giving those Sci Fi movies to a fresh face

upload_2017-9-22_11-28-23.png

upload_2017-9-22_11-28-49.png

I mean.......dude don't have a lot of bombs on this list, and has worked consistently for 30+ years. I mean, Color of Money being your 30th ranked movie by money, that's pretty damn legit.

Edge of Tomorrow was a great movie, despite Tom. But, have you seen how much it grossed?
lol no. emily blunt was the standout but tom cruise did really well in his performance.if it didn't do well at the box office, it's because the promotion for the movie was mishandled imo.
it's one of my more favorite recent-ish scifi movies. looper is another one. fricken great movies.

and zik is correct about pratt needing to build his brand. GotG and Jurassic are great franchises but passengers totally bombed (even though i kinda liked that movie and he performed well enough).

Tom Cruise is a legend and he'll get lead roles until he dies. The thing with The Mummy to me is that he's the face of their "universe" so far... and that movie wasn't good. So I agree someone in Hollywood is leaning on him a little too hard but he's still a great actor. American Made looks fantastic as well.

dude don't have a lot of bombs on this list, and has worked consistently for 30+ years. I mean, Color of Money being your 30th ranked movie by money, that's pretty damn legit.
exactly. and look at his non-action movies. rain man, color of money, magnolia (yes, i'm one of those who love that movie), jerry maguire...etc. he did fantastic in those roles.

Yeah, some classics in there but besides the mission impossible movies the most recent movie is edge of tomorrow at 17.

I just need that new Top Gun with Iceman Da Gawd.

Yeah, some classics in there but besides the mission impossible movies the most recent movie is edge of tomorrow at 17.

I just need that new Top Gun with Iceman Da Gawd.

It's bad that his more recent movies are not at the top of his lists, especially when you consider inflation

When you look at the top ten lists of movies (unadjusted for inflation) any genre, chances are its going to be a recent movie because that's how inflation works

So unless that list that was posted was adjusted for inflation, that's really, not a good look for Tom lol

No doubt Tom Cruise has had a good career, but the sun sets on everybody.

Last edited:
Tom Cruise is a legend and he'll get lead roles until he dies. The thing with The Mummy to me is that he's the face of their "universe" so far... and that movie wasn't good. So I agree someone in Hollywood is leaning on him a little too hard but he's still a great actor. American Made looks fantastic as well.

I have high hopes for American Made, but it looks awfully close to the movie Blow. Both true stories as well, I hope there isn't some spillover in the stories.

Back
Top Bottom