Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I keep saying it, and will continue, love the way the Lethal Weapon show operates. Impresses me each week.

Been a busy week:
Barbershop 3 - 5/8 - Some good jokes but the plot felt recycled. I did like what they tried to do bringing awareness to the violence in Chicago though.
Goon: Last of the Enforcers - 5/8 - A goofy follow up to a really unique first film.
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 5/8 - Not as many hard hitting jokes (Mr. Pickle from the first film had me rollin) and the villain was super underwhelming. Mark Strong and Elton John though!

Kind of weird all of these scored the same in my book.

I keep saying it, and will continue, love the way the Lethal Weapon show operates. Impresses me each week.
caught the first 5 eps of the first season on the plane earlier this year and i enjoyed it. i think i'll catch up and start watching it regularly. usually don't like network tv but i'm watching the orville for now and one more can't hurt i guess.

edit: sheesh that annihilation trailer looks bananas.

A monster calls 6.4/8

Also, just heard about this movie. Solid cast, interesting story, but I'm not sure it makes for a good movie. I feel like the there's nothing left to see after the trailer. Pooh is the GOAT childrens book tho

Started watching Baby Driver last night.
I fell asleep at the 3rd Heist.
Movie is sick AF.
Ansel Elgort was born for that role.
His odd mannerisms and facials combined with lack of Charisma set the role of Baby on fire.

Music as mentioned is insanely nice.
This felt like a new Film, very impressed.
Can't wait to finish.

Caught 'We Are Your Friends' last night. Shallow and heavily cliche'd plot but I'm a music guy so I enjoyed it. Efron was decent. Emily Ratajkowski :evil:

5/8

Caught 'We Are Your Friends' last night. Shallow and heavily cliche'd plot but I'm a music guy so I enjoyed it. Efron was decent. Emily Ratajkowski :evil::

5/8

We Are Your Friends, film wise, is putrid but the soundtrack is the goods. I've played "Desire" by Years & Years and Dan Griffith countless times since watching the movie last year. It's the song playing when Zack & Emily hang out in Vegas.

We Are Your Friends, film wise, is putrid but the soundtrack is the goods. I've played "Desire" by Years & Years and Dan Griffith countless times since watching the movie last year. It's the song playing when Zack & Emily hang out in Vegas.

Song is fuego

comingtoamerica-arseniohall-eddiemurphy-club.jpg

Anderson hasn't failed me yet. I'm all in. I'm not sure you can make a Wes Anderson movie look good from a trailer. Seriously every trailer for his movies looks like trash then it ends up being flames :lol:

Anderson hasn't failed me yet. I'm all in. I'm not sure you can make a Wes Anderson movie look good from a trailer. Seriously every trailer for his movies looks like trash then it ends up being flames :lol:

In.

He’s in that category that you just have to go watch his new work off rip.

American Made was a lot of fun. Solid Cruise, again, and crazy true story.

Gotta be a hundred movies that reference Pablo Escobar by now. :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/mar/13/jamie-foxx-martin-scorsese-mike-tyson-movie

So the life of Mike Tyson seems like obvious source material for a big-screen adaptation. The boxer’s life has been marked by more than his share of controversies and scandals – and when word arrived that Oscar winner Jamie Foxx is set to star in a film based on Tyson’s life, the film instantly showed promise. Today’s news will instantly lift anticipation for the movie even higher.

New York’s Power 101.5 recently talked with Foxx; the comedian/actor/singer was on the station’s The Breakfast Club morning show to debut his new single, but he also casually dropped some big news on his upcoming Tyson biopic. Here’s what Foxx had to say:

“I just went in with Paramount with Mike Tyson. So I’m going to do the Mike Tyson story. Listen, to be in the same room pitching Mike Tyson to Paramount, Mike Tyson is on one side, I’m on the other side and doing Mike Tyson at the same time. And Martin Scorsese at the helm. This will be the first boxing movie that Martin Scorsese has done since Raging Bull.”

Jamie Foxx details opening scene to Mike Tyson Movie! @Hot97 Radio Station

Driving home from the Office today thinking "Man if only SNL were in Season right now, they'd have so much material......"

Got home and SNL is on my DVR for a new episode.
Boy they are about to DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG this fool Trump.
Must see TV:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom