Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Here's the trailer for Phantom Thread, the latest from PTA and Daniel Day-Lewis last acting performance. He will be greatly missed.

Children of the Corn (1984) 3.9/8 - Not enough about the lore. Annoying child actors.

The Babysitter 4.25/8 - Enjoyed the first half hour/45 minutes. Movie gets a little whacky towards the end. Seeing McG as the director took 1/4 point away lol.

Y'all gotta be up on SMILF when it airs on Showtime.

This is basically what if Fiona Gallagher had a kid but none of the extra responsibility of several brothers and sistere and could play basketball (and act).

Premiere already available on demand.

About to rewatch War for the Planet of the Apes for the first time since it’s theatrical release.

Probably my favorite movie of the year.

Had such a cathartic experience the first go around.

Sup fellas... Came back after a sabbatical for bit...

I loved Blade Runner 2049. The only thing I didn't like was jared leto's constant monologuing. I found it very much to be incessant noise. Ana de Armas is the new bey...

RIP Robert Guillaume. I love this scene from Lean On Me. Both he & Morgan Freeman played this scene perfectly. Perfect blend of brotherhood, anger, outrage, understanding, camaraderie, street, & intelligence. Love the end of the scene too, "C'mon, lets get something to eat..." "...You really think you're bad don't chu?"

Sup fellas... Came back after a sabbatical for bit...

I loved Blade Runner 2049. The only thing I didn't like was jared leto's constant monologuing. I found it very much to be incessant noise. Ana de Armas is the new bey...

RIP Robert Guillaume. I love this scene from Lean On Me. Both he & Morgan Freeman played this scene perfectly. Perfect blend of brotherhood, anger, outrage, understanding, camaraderie, street, & intelligence. Love the end of the scene too, "C'mon, lets get something to eat..." "...You really think you're bad don't chu?"

ROFLMAO. Robert Guillaume said "***** can you be quiet." LMAO. He said I am the H.N.I.C, classic. I might put this on tonight, I would of been like then you paying. The relationship and conversations two people that respect each other can have. No name calling, well he did call him loco.

Y'all gotta be up on SMILF when it airs on Showtime.

This is basically what if Fiona Gallagher had a kid but none of the extra responsibility of several brothers and sistere and could play basketball (and act).

Premiere already available on demand.

I like Frankie Shaw so i'll give this series a go :pimp:

Gus from The Strain & Rosie O'Donnell interesting cast :lol:

Last edited:
watching war for the planet of the apes and it hits me that these cgi apes have a broader and deeper emotional range than so many real actors and actresses out there. will be really interesting when they finally can create cgi humans that are indistinguishable from real people on the big screen.

this scene got a chuckle out of me
vlcsnap-2017-10-25-13h56m43s129.png

Last edited:
Won't lie. Not a clue what Phantom Thread is even about :lol: but I'm in for DDL alone.

About to rewatch War for the Planet of the Apes for the first time since it’s theatrical release.

Probably my favorite movie of the year.

Had such a cathartic experience the first go around.

I watched last weekend but at home for the first time. Loved it. Great end to the the trilogy (I assume that was the finish, right?).

Suburbicon and then Snowman :smokin

Great performances by Moore, Damon, Isaac, and Fleshler.

Story was ******* wild.

The back drop of the racist community attacking the one black family was incredibly ****** up. That some tried to blame what happened to the Lodge's on Myers moving in was insane.

Suburbicon 6.3/8

Oh wow did not know Val Kilmer was in this. Something was off with his audio. Like he had to go in the studio to do voiceovers.

Anyway, movie was ok. Killer is predictable if you think the person in the opening scene is the killer.

Didn't expect that one chick to die

The Snowman 5.7/8

Last edited:
Blade Runner 6/8
Man, I was about to put this in 7.8/8 territory, then the last 45 minutes was just so unnecessary.

Geostorm 1/8

The worst script of all time. It's like a 1st grader wrote it. Effects were trash. Disaster scenes were SUPER limited. Like I'm talking maybe 3 minutes total screen time of actual Mother Nature storm. Acting was god awful. I feel like such a sucker for real. I legit got scammed out of money. They succeeded at taking money out of my wallet. Money I could have used to buy a nice dinner for family. Or a small gift for my girlfriend.

Michael Bay gonna cast a hot 21yo Mexican model as Dora.

It'll be like Tomb Raider with more explosions.

Suburbicon 6.3/8

Oh wow did not know Val Kilmer was in this. Something was off with his audio. Like he had to go in the studio to do voiceovers.

Anyway, movie was ok. Killer is predictable if you think the person in the opening scene is the killer.

Bruh did you just spoil it? :lol::smh:

Hold up, Val Da Gawd is in a new movie? Movie looked interesting, now it’s a must watch.

I started arriving a little later to see movies just to avoid the Geostorm trailer.

Feels like the past 2 months been the same trailers over and over.

If you paid for Geostorm, you deserved to get ripped off :lol: It looked trash from the first trailer

It really is partly my fault. I hadn't heard of the movie going into it. Some old work friends wanted to meet up and watch it and I should of did a quick investigation of the flick. All I was told was " it's basically a disaster movie, like The Day After Tomorrow but WAY better!" Now I need to re-evaluate my friendships :/

Back
Top Bottom