Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Just stop, CP... Don't fall for that hype.
I know, I know, but my wife even agreed that it looked really good, and she HATES those big budget movies.  She was surprised by the first one, she was FURIOUS with me for making her watch the second. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think I had to buy her something after that one. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I'm tellin ya, both of us were left sitting there like we had reason to hope.  Maybe somebody else saw the preview this week and can confirm or deny.  

Edit, the preview is in the official thread in General if anybody wants to check it out.  Like on page 22 I think.

Also, that switch movie preview with Bateman and Ryan Reynolds looked pretty funny.  And Olivia Wilde, AGAIN. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  Other level. 

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Just stop, CP... Don't fall for that hype.
I know, I know, but my wife even agreed that it looked really good, and she HATES those big budget movies.  She was surprised by the first one, she was FURIOUS with me for making her watch the second. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think I had to buy her something after that one. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I'm tellin ya, both of us were left sitting there like we had reason to hope.  Maybe somebody else saw the preview this week and can confirm or deny.  

Edit, the preview is in the official thread in General if anybody wants to check it out.  Like on page 22 I think.

Also, that switch movie preview with Bateman and Ryan Reynolds looked pretty funny.  And Olivia Wilde, AGAIN. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  Other level. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

MrO, I know you went to see something tonight, your thoughts? 
nerd.gif

You stay thru the closing credits?  Hope so.......

Oh BTW, I hate to say it, but I saw a new preview for Transformers 3, I have low hopes, but damn it, the damn preview HOOKED me.  I mean, I know Bay only put his best 2.5 minutes in that damn trailer, but I'm tellin ya, it looked real solid.  Maybe, just maybe, he listened to all of us that complained about 2 and he went back to his first formula and did this right.   Least, I hope so. 
frown.gif

Amazing. I loved it. I really liked how Scream 4 came back, but this is genius compared to that. They squeezed everything good out of those four movies into this, and then killed all the action scenes. 
I ain't even mad that they stole on every movie that wasn't nailed down.
laugh.gif
Ocean's 11, Bourne Ultimatum, Black Hawk Down, Bad Boys 2, The Rundown, themselves. I thought Fast and Furious was the best this series could do.

Son...the Rock was in it. Not Dwayne Johnson, that nanny tooth fairy $*$%! who killed wrestling forever. And not that chump who tricked me into Doom, Southland Tales and Faster. The Walking Tall, Rundown, PEDs Brahma Bull Rock came through!

Basically my 2001 self had a seizure by the end of the movie, and I will be seeing every single sequel in theaters. I don't care if they make 5 more. I don't care if half of them aren't as good. They get it. They get what's a joke about the series, they get what's bad-$@$, they get what's clever and they understand what people want from it. When that first scene happens and they say there were no casualties, everyone laughed in the theater and I feel like that was on purpose for once.

They weren't ******ed jokes like the second one or give up on those jokes like the third or take themselves too serious like the fourth. Perfect blend...except it's been a long time, Jordana starting to fall off. Get that chick a tuna sandwich, stat.

Han was the man. Lowkey, he did more with less than anyone else. His girl 
eek.gif
. I mean her whole role was that bikini, but I ain't setting the bar high, 
grin.gif
 Tyrese and Ludacris...these are the only roles you should ever do for the length of your careers. Tego and Rico had me dying. Tego looking like Bubbs from The Wire got a meal. 
laugh.gif
 They rolled so deep, it was stupid, but somehow every single person in that movie came with something.

I'd almost see it again, but why ruin the freshness. I'm just mad this movie gave me hope for film this year. If this can be that good...we'll see.

And yeah, I'm mad that I'm gonna end up seeing every Transformers movie in theaters. I liked the first one, just the second
sick.gif
 ...but it's about to be shame on me. That boa conskyscraperbot got me. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

MrO, I know you went to see something tonight, your thoughts? 
nerd.gif

You stay thru the closing credits?  Hope so.......

Oh BTW, I hate to say it, but I saw a new preview for Transformers 3, I have low hopes, but damn it, the damn preview HOOKED me.  I mean, I know Bay only put his best 2.5 minutes in that damn trailer, but I'm tellin ya, it looked real solid.  Maybe, just maybe, he listened to all of us that complained about 2 and he went back to his first formula and did this right.   Least, I hope so. 
frown.gif

Amazing. I loved it. I really liked how Scream 4 came back, but this is genius compared to that. They squeezed everything good out of those four movies into this, and then killed all the action scenes. 
I ain't even mad that they stole on every movie that wasn't nailed down.
laugh.gif
Ocean's 11, Bourne Ultimatum, Black Hawk Down, Bad Boys 2, The Rundown, themselves. I thought Fast and Furious was the best this series could do.

Son...the Rock was in it. Not Dwayne Johnson, that nanny tooth fairy $*$%! who killed wrestling forever. And not that chump who tricked me into Doom, Southland Tales and Faster. The Walking Tall, Rundown, PEDs Brahma Bull Rock came through!

Basically my 2001 self had a seizure by the end of the movie, and I will be seeing every single sequel in theaters. I don't care if they make 5 more. I don't care if half of them aren't as good. They get it. They get what's a joke about the series, they get what's bad-$@$, they get what's clever and they understand what people want from it. When that first scene happens and they say there were no casualties, everyone laughed in the theater and I feel like that was on purpose for once.

They weren't ******ed jokes like the second one or give up on those jokes like the third or take themselves too serious like the fourth. Perfect blend...except it's been a long time, Jordana starting to fall off. Get that chick a tuna sandwich, stat.

Han was the man. Lowkey, he did more with less than anyone else. His girl 
eek.gif
. I mean her whole role was that bikini, but I ain't setting the bar high, 
grin.gif
 Tyrese and Ludacris...these are the only roles you should ever do for the length of your careers. Tego and Rico had me dying. Tego looking like Bubbs from The Wire got a meal. 
laugh.gif
 They rolled so deep, it was stupid, but somehow every single person in that movie came with something.

I'd almost see it again, but why ruin the freshness. I'm just mad this movie gave me hope for film this year. If this can be that good...we'll see.

And yeah, I'm mad that I'm gonna end up seeing every Transformers movie in theaters. I liked the first one, just the second
sick.gif
 ...but it's about to be shame on me. That boa conskyscraperbot got me. 
eek.gif

Couldn't agree more MrO.  For 2 hours I didn't think about a damn thing in the outside world except what was on screen, and sometimes that's good enough ya know?  They gave me everything I could ask for and still, STILL, I don't feel like it's tired.  I don't know if it's because of the "break" that was Tokyo Drift or what, but I don't feel bored with them being in their 3rd-4th movie.  (Walker the only one in 4 of them) 

In fact, I can't think of a franchise that has been able to damn near die when they went in the direction they did with 3, yet somehow revive themselves even without their "name" guys, come back strong enough for 4, hint at 5, do that, and now hint at 6, and you know it's coming. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
  I'm damn near stunned this is still working. 

And I guess, props to the actors themselves for coming back each and every time.  Ya'll remember Diesel thought he was about to blow up big after 1, and so he split on doing sequels, then he saw real quick what a mistake it was, wormed back in 90 seconds in 3, just to see if there was any interest in them doing a 4th one.  Now, @#$% they all gonna grow old in these roles, they probably won't even do other work til they have exhausted all of us with this franchise.  Incredible, when you think about it. 

So naturally, my sucker @#$ gonna go and pick up the first 4 on Blu Ray for 13 a piece, even though I already have the 4 on reg DVD.   Just so I can keep on goin with the Blu Rays as each future sequel comes out.  
30t6p3b.gif
  I'm so weak. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Couldn't agree more MrO.  For 2 hours I didn't think about a damn thing in the outside world except what was on screen, and sometimes that's good enough ya know?  They gave me everything I could ask for and still, STILL, I don't feel like it's tired.  I don't know if it's because of the "break" that was Tokyo Drift or what, but I don't feel bored with them being in their 3rd-4th movie.  (Walker the only one in 4 of them) 

In fact, I can't think of a franchise that has been able to damn near die when they went in the direction they did with 3, yet somehow revive themselves even without their "name" guys, come back strong enough for 4, hint at 5, do that, and now hint at 6, and you know it's coming. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
  I'm damn near stunned this is still working. 

And I guess, props to the actors themselves for coming back each and every time.  Ya'll remember Diesel thought he was about to blow up big after 1, and so he split on doing sequels, then he saw real quick what a mistake it was, wormed back in 90 seconds in 3, just to see if there was any interest in them doing a 4th one.  Now, @#$% they all gonna grow old in these roles, they probably won't even do other work til they have exhausted all of us with this franchise.  Incredible, when you think about it. 

So naturally, my sucker @#$ gonna go and pick up the first 4 on Blu Ray for 13 a piece, even though I already have the 4 on reg DVD.   Just so I can keep on goin with the Blu Rays as each future sequel comes out.  
30t6p3b.gif
  I'm so weak. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

I take Mississippi Burning- Crime
Saw that in one of my film classes, great flick. Loved Frances McDormand in it.
I love Sir Ben Kingsley, dude's got so much range. From Gandhi to House of Sand and Fog to The Wackness to Shutter Island the dude could play anyone.

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

I take Mississippi Burning- Crime
Saw that in one of my film classes, great flick. Loved Frances McDormand in it.
I love Sir Ben Kingsley, dude's got so much range. From Gandhi to House of Sand and Fog to The Wackness to Shutter Island the dude could play anyone.

Back
Top Bottom