Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

One of the best shows I watched this year was The Crown, on NETFLIX

Now, I'm not particularly fond on the Queen, but this show tells a Great story imo.
I was glued.
Watched it in one sitting and called in the next day because I was spent.

Season2 started yesterday.
Time to get spent.
forgot the newest season started. I absolutely loved it. the Churchill painting episode alone should win awards:wow:

Most expensive Netflix show to date by the way.

Disaster Artist :smokin

Changed some things from the book overall a great translation. Was worried they'd make a while joke of it but they captured Tommy and Greg's relationship well and Franco killed it Tommy.

forgot the newest season started. I absolutely loved it. the Churchill painting episode alone should win awards:wow:

Most expensive Netflix show to date by the way.
-The Cars: finding and renting
-The Clothes: having then made
-Buckingham Palace: recreating every room on set
-Locations: every episode they're inside and outside, hunting, in the mountains, at the river, on the Train

Now that I look, damn this must have been Super Expensive by a long shot.

I knew eventually Letty would catch a body. Didn't think it'd be that way though. Expected another hostage scenario where Javi is the hero.

That whole semi ended abruptly with that ending :lol:

He should’ve known teo going back to the house was a possibility. It was a bad decision last episode to tell his brother teo was tied up in the house.

Telling his brother a d then letting him watch Two was the stupidest thing I saw on tv that night. His death is entirely on Javier. Don't know what he was thinking.

Watched Stronger on Friday night. More a great acting performance by Jake than it was a great movie. Pretty gut-wrenching TBH because my father was in a wheelchair for the last 7 years of his life. Fortunately he wasn't an amputee but it was still an everyday hurdle.

Caught up on the Netflix backlog during some flights:

Mudbound 5/8 - Some potential here. The first hour was extremely slow to me but the performances from Jason Mitchell and Mary J. Blige were on point.
Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond 6/8 - Really enjoyed this one. Definitely recommend people watch Man on the Moon before seeing this.
Little Evil 5/8 - Some funny moments. An easy watch for Netflix. The Support group members were the best part for me.
War Machine 4/8 - I didn't like Brad Pitts performance at all. It felt like a trash version of The Big Short: Military Edition.

Watched Wind River last night. Easy 6.2/8

BEAUTIFUL cinematography. I mean, just breath-taking scenery in Wyoming.

Acting was on-point. No matter how big or small the character, there was fantastic development.

The plot was really good, with some intense action sequences. When Olsen was going through the dilapidated house, it was reminiscent of the house scene early on in Sicario (same screenwriter.)

The kicker, for me, was the ending...there was a real sobering message on-screen at the end of the film. Hits you right in the feels and makes you realize that for a people who were here in this country first, they're still second-class citizens, unfortunately.

The original or 2049? The original is dope & so is 2049. Those prequel short films they did for it to bridge the 30 years between the OG & Sequel were cool too especially the anime one. 2049 is still prolly the most beautiful looking movie i have ever seen. The cinematography was flawless
2049. I saw that one recently. I was a fan.

Can you tell me where I can watch the short films and the anime?

Gonna try and watch Punisher next week when I'm on vacation since it's getting such rave reviews.

Caught up on the Netflix backlog during some flights:

Mudbound 5/8 - Some potential here. The first hour was extremely slow to me but the performances from Jason Mitchell and Mary J. Blige were on point.
Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond 6/8 - Really enjoyed this one. Definitely recommend people watch Man on the Moon before seeing this.
Little Evil 5/8 - Some funny moments. An easy watch for Netflix. The Support group members were the best part for me.
War Machine 4/8 - I didn't like Brad Pitts performance at all. It felt like a trash version of The Big Short: Military Edition.
Thank you sir, Mary is in Mudbound it was dropped down on the watch list now. I will get to it when time permits no longer in the top 5.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 5.6/8

Kind of a fun movie. Would have looked a lot cooler in theaters. Did the movie remind anybody else of Masters of the Universe or was it just me?

Acting was on-point. No matter how big or small the character, there was fantastic development.

The plot was really good, with some intense action sequences. When Olsen was going through the dilapidated house, it was reminiscent of the house scene early on in Sicario (same screenwriter.)

The kicker, for me, was the ending...there was a real sobering message on-screen at the end of the film. Hits you right in the feels and makes you realize that for a people who were here in this country first, they're still second-class citizens, unfortunately.

My wife & I enjoyed the flick too. It was a great VOD rental. I wish Graham Greene was in more movies.

I forgot how much I loved Barry Levinson's Sleepers. Such a great great cast.

Watched this over the weekend and agree. It's hard for many forms or types of entertainment to do justice when it comes natural beauty but Sheridans crew (the writer) did a great job. The Winds are rad as **** in person.

The scene at the rig was also pretty intense. And having spent time up in Montana and the like and having friends who feel similarly about their lives and government/outside intervention, it was wild.

Olsen did a great job portraying the naïveté and ignorance of an outsider so unaccustomed to a world like that.

Back
Top Bottom