Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don't think so at all.

Probably Darkest Hour or Ladybird. Hell maybe even The Post.

Last edited:
I hope it’s SOW. It was great to me.

Ladybird was cool, but way overrated.

Juno>>>> as a coming of age film.

I need to watch darker hour.

Watched “call me by your name”
Man I wanted Armie as Bats, but after seeing that film. :smh:

There was too much Good stuff going on from Go, in The Shape of Water for me to have had any ill thoughts on it.

It just kept pulling me in and in and in.
I felt like there was something unseen going on, something highly subliminal. Connected from the moment I pushed Play.

I hope it’s SOW. It was great to me.

Ladybird was cool, but way overrated.

Juno>>>> as a coming of age film.

I need to watch darker hour.

Watched “call me by your name”
Man I wanted Armie as Bats, but after seeing that film. :smh:
What's wrong with Armie in that film?

Or is this a problem with him playing a gay dude? :lol:

SoW sucked IMO

Didnt like how they marginalized and gave no agency to Olivia Spencer

Made her husband a couple and a weakling

Like if instead of the merman she had chose a black man what would change about the movie except no sex scene in a flooded bathroom

Like its totally plausible for her to fall for a man not her species before a black man

Those guys that smoke cigarettes w Octavia she act like she was scared of them the whole movie

Far be it for her to meet and like one of them

All in all I thought it was fairytale be not deserving of all this praise outside of being a pretty movie

Dude is obsessed. Hard to take him seriously. Especially when hes see **** through one or two lenses. Becoming a gimmick now :lol:

Probably couldn't find a race based article about the movie so he's posting his opinion :lol:

Don't know where he's getting this angle that its more plausible for this mute lady to get with fishman before a black man.

Only one black dude in the whole movie and he was married. Son just making **** up.

i posted an article earlier in the thread after i saw it

and as i said there were more black men in the movie, the ones octavia smoked with and the white girl acted scared of

and its not an obsession because i see what i see in a movie

the fact is a majority of the movies that come out arent made with black audiences in mind

hence all the white privilege on display in all these movies, including SoW

man, what?!! :lol:

did she or did she not decide this fish man was for her before she would have even thought of a black man?

i guess you could look at like since he was in captivity its no different than how the white women were with the slaves

like fish man didnt get to choose among all the human women who he wanna date she was the first and only but this supposed to be a story of true love?

following your logic, she chose the fishman over the ****load of white men that were available in the movie. so i guess you can say this is a movie about how revolting white men are.

I loved SoW. hope it wins the Oscar but then again I didn't see most of the other films nominated. Also that GdT was one of my mom's college friends in Mexico. Pan's Labyrinth was a Adult Fairy Tale in Sci-Fi. to the T best way to explain it. that's who GdT is. Sci-Fi, creepy out the ***. So now he wrote a his version of a love story, with a twist. Pan's ends with the girl dead but adult fairy tale nonetheless.

Elisa CANNOT find love because she can't talk physically. She meets Merman and the end is the end. as you know. she finds it

Giles CANNOT find love because given the time in the 60s being gay is unacceptable and must be tucked away sadly.

Michael Shannon CANNOT find love because despite having a wife and kids he loves his job and more importantly the approval of the higher ups. which doesn't happen as he fails.

Michael Stulhbarg CANNOT find love because of previous arrangements his love of science is interrupted with wartime politics. literally forcing him to kill his love of science(merman). it ends up killing him

Olivia Spencer CANNOT find love because despite talking up a storm forever and having a husband HE just doesn't talk at all.

Last edited:
pan’s labyrinth is in my top 5 foreign language films of all time - maybe top 10 of all movies. i loved it. he really did an amazing job on hellboy 2 also. still irks me that the creature was abe sapien’s twin brother.

following your logic, she chose the fishman over the ****load of white men that were available in the movie. so i guess you can say this is a movie about how revolting white men are.

lets be real no white man was going to desire her

but for her to be "disenfranchised" and not even think to look at a black man in that time period imo says a lot

im saying for who she was a black man would not have been out the realm of possibility

but it was, because as the film and white supremacy will tell you, the lowest white person is above black people

like this could have easily been a movie where she wants to help fish man but falls for an actual human who can relate to her ostracization

lets be real no white man was going to desire her

but for her to be "disenfranchised" and not even think to look at a black man in that time period imo says a lot

im saying for who she was a black man would not have been out the realm of possibility

but it was, because as the film and white supremacy will tell you, the lowest white person is above black people

like this could have easily been a movie where she wants to help fish man but falls for an actual human who can relate to her ostracization

Would the black man have to be mute also? And just to be clear, it HAS to be a black man for it to not suck as a movie? Can't be be any other minority race in the 60's?

I can see hand2hands point sometimes.

Hand2hand, your point is always lost with me, though, because you continue to talk.

Like, you have to stop sometimes.
Just make your point and let that be the point.

Last edited:
Okay, the real reason I came him......

HOLY Fword Sword:wow:

As Above So Below

40minutes in (the part where they've just found La Taupe

I'm slightly shook right now.

OMG that part where Benji gets stuck in the bones! I had to stop it and go outside for air.

The Phone!
The Piano!
That White Dress girl from the Club chanting with the white Gowns!
Benji freaking out about them singing while he was stuck and then getting "bit"

Bruh, adrenaline is Post Marathon type running ATM.

Had to break. Back to it!

so you would be happy with a movie about a white(ish) woman who can only fall for a black man if she’s handicapped somehow? yikes!

im saying that would be a better movie than this one

Would the black man have to be mute also? And just to be clear, it HAS to be a black man for it to not suck as a movie? Can't be be any other minority race in the 60's?

no im saying putting her with a black man would better highlight the "white privilege" that was the villain of the movie

I can see hand2hands point sometimes.

Hand2hand, your point is always lost with me, though, because you continue to talk.

Like, you have to stop sometimes.
Just make your point and let that be the point.

welp

Watched Manchester by the Sea for the 2nd time on Friday. Movie is so damn good but so harrowing, while cutting some of the tension with well placed humor between Casey Affleck and Lucas Hedges. The scene between Casey Affleck and Michelle Williams is :nthat:

Took a while for me to get into the new Starz show Counterpart with JK Simmons but 3 eps in, I'm intrigued. First ep (for me) meandered a bit & I was about to turn it off & delete it off my dvr. I appreciate the subtle sci-fi aspect along with the cloak & dagger stuff. JK plays both roles very well.

CHIPS 2/8 - Absolute trash. Michael Pena is better than this.

Lowriders 3.5/8 - It felt like no one really knew what LA life was like. Completely ignored the gang culture elements. After SOA Theo Rossi has been garbage too me.

Back
Top Bottom