Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

As far as RT critic scores I don't really trust them especially when the audience score is much better. Look at Den of Thieves, critics avg is 40% while audience is at 73%. I really enjoyed the movie personally. Another movie like this with an even bigger discrepancy is Bright which I thought was a good watch too.

Critics seem to have an agenda or criteria and if it doesn't fit they automatically pan the film instead of looking at it for what it is.

As far as RT critic scores I don't really trust them especially when the audience score is much better. Look at Den of Thieves, critics avg is 40% while audience is at 73%. I really enjoyed the movie personally. Another movie like this with an even bigger discrepancy is Bright which I thought was a good watch too.

Critics seem to have an agenda or criteria and if it doesn't fit they automatically pan the film instead of looking at it for what it is.

I take them with a grain of salt too. But 24% is pretty bad :lol:

watched thor ragnarok and was almost a little peeved at how much comedy was in there except that the humor was good and not corny. korg saying "oh my god the hammer pulled you off?!" :lol:
end battle was good. beautiful use of led zepplin's immigrant song!

only time i though the jokes were too much was the very end, with miek/korg

the darkest hour

shoulda won movie of the year

oldmans ability to convey nuance

i liked the scene on the train with the black guy bringing him to tears

its prescient in these days to see what a threat hitler was

Just finished 3 billboards. Hard to rate. On the one hand, I didn't find it entertaining or even interesting. I didn't agree with any of the characters actions, didn't think there was anything special about the cinematography, and didn't really feel any emotion from the story being told.

On the other hand, my god the acting was on point. It almost felt like the entire script was improv; no memorized dialogue, just making it all up as they went.

I can see how it was made to seem like a realistic view of what rural Missouri is probably like but damn the way the law was broken so many times with no repercussions really took me out of it. McDormand beats up some high schoolers and NOTHING happens. Rockwells character almost kills the dude he threw out the window, even punched dudes girl in the face and nothing happens.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I hated how the movie ended with no clean catch of her daughters killer and no true character redemption story for the "bad cop." I feel like if the rest of the movie was gonna be so absurd, why not give us a good fictional Hollywood ending as well? Outstanding acting, original story, but not Best Picture by a longshot. 5.7/8

Top Gun was a huge fluke to turn out to be as successful as it became. Action movies have come so far since then. This will fail miserably.

On a related note: Dundee looks pretty good :lol:

watched thor ragnarok and was almost a little peeved at how much comedy was in there except that the humor was good and not corny. korg saying "oh my god the hammer pulled you off?!" :lol:
end battle was good. beautiful use of led zepplin's immigrant song!
Only humor I didn't like was when Thor was hanging from the chain and spinning around while Surtur was talking. Otherwise, movie was hilarious and all the jokes were timed well.

Back
Top Bottom