Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Why are you guys ganging up on that man?

Why, because he's black?

You guys
The Pac movie was ok, but not as special as it could/should have been. Like 5.5/8 range. Maybe 5.

The dude lived one helluva full life, and only made it to 25, that's astounding to me.

I didn't know the stuff about his mom or his dad, I just remember him coming up with Digital Underground and then the movies, and of course Death Row and his court cases, etc.

I loved that they had the same guy from the Biggie movie come in and be Biggie again, I thought that was awesome, but using the actual Snoop as voice overs over the other actor, really? :lol:

Suge Knight is the one I can't fathom his stories. Dude was crazy. His detailed books :wow: The way he's been portrayed in both NWA and Eyez is hilarious to me. Not to mention his real court issues, hanging Vanilla Ice over a balcony, dude is friggin insane. :lol:

Pac in today's era would have run the world. Him on Twitter? C'mon, he'd have people eating up every word. Him goin after Trump...... :lol: We saw his life unfold, but in the early stages of cameras everywhere and all that, today, he would have been king in the entertainment world. It truly is sad both he and Biggie are gone. Whatever their differences, I wish they would have been left alone and gotten thru it. :smh:
Just curious .. how old are you?

For reasons I can't fully explain I find it hard to see Dunkirk winning or Get Out.

Don't think Shape of Water should win.

giphy.gif

ash came before supernatural tho. is supernatural still going?

ash vs evil dead is ******* hilarious

i want to check out stan against evil. that seems like its similar to ash vs evil dead

Always saw this thread but never knew what it was. Why the weird thread title?...

Welcome.

Years ago in Sports and Training we created this thread as a Sports movie thread. Really, it was just a general movie/TV show thread we wanted to stay in S&T.

It was there for years. Then Meth caught wind and burned us throwing it to General. So us regs put it's name to a vote, this is the result.

We've had movie drafts, character drafts, movie of the week, Breaking Bad-GoT talk, previews, movie reviews, just random watches or listings of every film we watched in a specific year.

Lost a lot of the old regs tho. But we still live on.

I could only get through 20 min of LadyBird

I watched it this morning. A coming of age about a teenage girl and her relationship with her mother wasn't exactly the type of flick I could see myself being drawn into, but I thought it was well done. I can appreciate it. The pacing was excellent. Really quick watch. Saoirse, Hedges and Metcalf were all great.

Damn you're not gonna watch over that?

You say they're usually portrayed inaccurately. Then you assume Hostiles will portray it inaccurately.

Is the issue with scalping altogether or portraying scalping inaccurately?

FYI, there is 1 scalping scene.

I would've preferred if they just showed them attacking the washichu instead of the scalping. It perpetuates a very very bad myth.

Also, I like Bale & Pike but I wish the film dealt with the Native American issues using Wes Studi's Yellow Hawk character. It looks like Studi, Adam Beach, & Qorianka Kilcher were relegated to background characters when the story is essentially about them.

Last edited:
I would've preferred if they just showed them attacking the washichu instead of the scalping. It perpetuates a very very bad myth.
What myth is that?

That scalpings never happened or how the scalpings are portrayed in tv and film?

Back
Top Bottom