Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

but even if the second book wasnt out that revealed the race of the character

if he left it so vague in the first book

wouldnt you ask if he had any ideas about the race of the character?

out of general p's and q's?

and furthermore to default to white with "no knowledge"

is problematic

before it even gets to the screenwriting process
No.

Its Hollywood. You option your book to be made in to a movie and you got vague character descriptions 9 times out of 10 you're getting an all white cast and definitely a white protagonist. Unless they're getting on their Captain Planet grind.

That's been the reality. And the reality has been more than problematic.

In Hollywood, as a creator, you have to fight for your creative vision.

Black Panther was AMAZING. I don't even care or feel like listing any sort of small gripes, the movie was great and I enjoyed every second, all that matters.

I tweeted this earlier

upload_2018-2-16_11-57-30.png

Venom, Flash, Dr Strange sequel, don't matter, I am in. Blu Rays for all of em. GI Joe 3, Transformers 96, whatever. Far as I'm concerned, this is a golden age of movies in terms of the spectacle of them. I know there's a lot of misses, and things get clustered up, but I'm eating them all up, happily.

I can't imagine where we'll be in 10 years, what my collection is going to look like. :lol: But I'm excited for it. :pimp:

i'm hearing only good things about black panther. my wife and i really wanna go badly. gotta find a sitter or just bring my son.

Really?

Thought this was common knowledge...

I didn't know this either. I thought they were mad cool there. I had heard it was kinda like Utah, where black folk are so rare, they are just baffled by a dark skinned person. Word to this
hqdefault.jpg

:pimp:

Feb. 16th 10pm Showtime

Don't forget.

Catch it after the all-star festivities.
Really?

Thought this was common knowledge...
All the stereotypes about Canada are that their nice ppl to a fault.

Outside of historical racism I was not up on modern day (80s to now) racism by Canadians. All of that racism caught me off guard and before it was made clear its set in Canada I was trying hard to figure out where in (the northern region of) America is this taking place :lol:

A few acquaintances from various provinces I met years+ ago put that farce to a halt ( overly friendly, etc.) and told me what the deal was... I wasn't shocked in the least. Nobody should be really...
I wasn't shocked just caught off guard a movie was made around that but I just don't know any Canadians irl to put me on and don't really care about the place to independently read up on it.

Also if Canada is basically void of black ppl like in China or Sweeden then I'm more curious about where this is taking place in Canada.

But it makes sense why it was made since a black Canadian was the director.

Back
Top Bottom