Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The House isn't a good movie but it has some of the most crazy laugh out loud moments :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Ferrell cutting off dude's finger then cutting off Renner's arm :lol: Then Amy setting him on fire :lol:

The House isn't a good movie but it has some of the most crazy laugh out loud moments :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Ferrell cutting off dude's finger then cutting off Renner's arm :lol: Then Amy setting him on fire :lol:
Wanted that one to be good but its so bad. Even after seen that trailer a billion times the finger cutting was still great though.

This week I think I'm gonna try to see BP for a 3rd time and then see Annihilation and Game Night.

Wanted that one to be good but its so bad. Even after seen that trailer a billion times the finger cutting was still great though.
Yeah. I saw the trailer and was like I'm not going to see this. Then reviews confirmed it was bad but then I think Kevin Durant was raving how it was a classic.

I don't think he has good taste but I figured it deserved an at home watch.

Bout to see what's good with Fist Fight now.

Anybody know if Netflix original movies are filmed differently, knowing they don't need to be formatted for the big screen? Technologically speaking? I haven't read anything about this and was kinda curious.

Was watching Spectral just now and I liked it but it seemed like the non-cgi scenes had such a narrow aspect ratio. Wasn't sure if this was because it wasn't planned for a traditional theater release. Anyone shed light on this?

Given budgets they might not all just be using digital cameras.

I'm not sure at all though.

I have not watched enough Netflix movies (at least 12) to tell differences.

I do recall Beasts of No Nation being of high quality.

Just got back from seeing BP. It was enjoyable and the political/cultural (not-so subtle) undertones is what made the movie for me. I'm glad to support this film even though it's probably in the 5-10 range for the best comic-to-movie adaptation that I've seen.

5.7/8

BLACK PANTHER (Round 2) - Still amazing. Marvel's perfect film for me. A 3rd viewing may be in my near future...

MAZE RUNNER 3 - A bit long but if you enjoyed the others you'll enjoy this.

During the day probably not. It is school vacation week, but I don't think I've ever seen a theater packed during the day.

John Singleton directing, Taraji Henson starring in and producing Emmett Till Film :nthat:

taraji_p._henson_emmett_till_split.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/taraji-p-henson-attached-star-produce-film-emmett-1074143

The Belko Experiment 5.4/8

Too predictable. Repetitive gore and action. Nowhere near the psychological thriller and examination of human nature and morality it tried to be.

****ing sold out

****ing scum bags
Buy a ticket to another movie at relatively the same time, then go in to one of the many theaters showing the movie. Just go in a theater without assigned seating and get their early.

All the theaters I go to tend to overbook or will accomdate you if you don't want to sit in the front row and break ya neck.

Had a few ushers tell me hey you can wait for a later showing or go in to the IMax theater :lol:

The Belko Experiment 5.4/8

Too predictable. Repetitive gore and action. Nowhere near the psychological thriller and examination of human nature and morality it tried to be.

Buy a ticket to another movie at relatively the same time, then go in to one of the many theaters showing the movie. Just go in a theater without assigned seating and get their early.

All the theaters I go to tend to overbook or will accomdate you if you don't want to sit in the front row and break ya neck.

Had a few ushers tell me hey you can wait for a later showing or go in to the IMax theater :lol:

You watch The Belko Experiment with the free weekend of Cinemax too?

Anyways, I’d give it a 5/8. It was enjoyable but nothing memorable. A mix of Cabin in the Woods and Battle Royale but without the best qualities of either.

You watch The Belko Experiment with the free weekend of Cinemax too?

Anyways, I’d give it a 5/8. It was enjoyable but nothing memorable. A mix of Cabin in the Woods and Battle Royale but without the best qualities of either.
Yeah :lol:

I forgot to mention I really didn't like the ending with the non-explanation cuz those guys get killed but still somebody is watching all of it and many other scenarios.

I was excited about the Emmett Till flick with Taraji Henson attached to it, but John Singleton is such a meh director...

I like Benedict Cumberbatch but I don't like a lot of the stuff he's been in. This looks very very very promising.

Back
Top Bottom