Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wasn't as high on Wind River as many in here. I thought it was decent but 7.6 seems way too high.

Red Sparrow 6/8

This is nothing like what a Black Widow movie would be. AT ALL. Not an action espionage thriller.

This was an emotional and psychological espionage thriller. Closely examines some of what it takes to be this type of spy. Manipulating with sex and charm. Seduction (in more ways than one) and lies. Its pretty dark.

I enjoyed it thoroughly for what it was. 3rd act definitely pays off and I really liked the the initial reveal and then the very last twist and the overall message embedded in the story given the circumstances of the main character.

Visually, it was very good given the settings.

My only complaints is they kinda glossed over her training. She got took out but she seemed well versed in things they did not show. Also a little bit of the movie in the middle dragged.

I await others to see it to discuss.

Now I'm gonna watch Death Wish to see how they butcher it. I assume Willis will sleepwalk through it.

I already got problems with this set in Chicago and unlike the Punisher its a white guy basically gunning down minorities.

Cool to see the Detective Gorem/Kingpin in a lighter role though.

Last edited:
Seven Seconds

Regina King has always been so good at getting her point across and making you FEEL the scene, and she's had some good performances before.....but she absolutely nails, I mean nails this role. She's at her best here. In every way. She's never looked better, and she's crushed every line and every act of this script.

Episode 3 she really excels. I felt for a moment, that I was mourning. I had to share on it.

She looks amazing. Aging so well.

Been my boo since Enemy of the State. I'll watch this soon

Death Wish 5.5/8

Better than I expected but maybe that's cuz I didn't expect much.

Did not have the grittyness of the OG or the psychological trauma but it was okay. Looked way too clean but it ain't the 90s so I guess the Chi is cleaned up.

They quickly made it so he was only killing white criminals.

Some real gruesome murderers for the perpetrators in this. QT goresque at times.

Think I might peak my head in to BP :lol:

Wasn't as high on Wind River as many in here. I thought it was decent but 7.6 seems way too high.

Too high, I'll admit. My number was upped because I was so surprised a random movie was actually decent for once. It's in the A-/B+ territory for me though for sure. So 7.2/8 is more accurate.

on the last ep of altered carbon aka syfy x playboy collab.
man oh man the dialogue is terrible. not sure if i'd watch a second season. it was an ok time killer at work except the amount of nudity could have gotten me in trouble :lol:

watched jumanji. that was another ok time killer but i wouldn't have wanted to pay for a movie ticket.

Death Wish 5.5/8

Better than I expected but maybe that's cuz I didn't expect much.

Did not have the grittyness of the OG or the psychological trauma but it was okay. Looked way too clean but it ain't the 90s so I guess the Chi is cleaned up.

They quickly made it so he was only killing white criminals.

Some real gruesome murderers for the perpetrators in this. QT goresque at times.

Think I might peak my head in to BP :lol:
We need a repost of the /8 break down... 5.5 for a movie sitting at 12% on rotten has me confused. I almost never agree with the critics but that's a huge jump. Still going to check Death Wish and Red Sparrow out in the coming days.

We need a repost of the /8 break down... 5.5 for a movie sitting at 12% on rotten has me confused. I almost never agree with the critics but that's a huge jump. Still going to check Death Wish and Red Sparrow out in the coming days.
I expected it to be trash. Roth and Willis be damned.

For me its a movie you can keep on in the background and enjoy some of the ridiculous murders. Its very straightforward. Nothing special.

Perhaps some time away from the movie the rating in my eyes will lower.

Last edited:
Too high, I'll admit. My number was upped because I was so surprised a random movie was actually decent for once. It's in the A-/B+ territory for me though for sure. So 7.2/8 is more accurate.
I'm not even mad at that score. The movie was pretty good IMHO.

I would give it a B, but if anyone wants to give it something higher, I wouldn't be mad.

Pleasantly entertained compared to this big budget movies with high RT ratings ..

Power outages up here in Boston. Started watching Heat on youtube on my phone. Limited options, couldn't remember my Netflix password..

Hadn't seen Heat in probably a decade. Such a great movie man :nthat:

I really hate Jared Leto's poser band with a passion but aside from the awful monologging he did in Blade Runner 2049, he's a good actor. This looks interesting but from all the historical texts Ive read on the Yakuza, they would almost certainly never allow a black or white gaijin. They do have Koreans as well as some other Asians (last estimated at about 30% among their ranks) but no white or black members. Still might have to watch this from purely a fictional standpoint...

Hyped for this

I've never seen anything that Michael Mosley is in.
He's nice with it though that's for sure.

Wind River was :pimp:

Marvel was represented well. Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Punisher.

Last edited:
Dope 7/8

Damn this was good. Shouldn't have taken so long to see it.

Rick did his thing on this. Funny real feel good movie.

Don't get a lot of movies of this quality and topics like we use to.

Whole damn cast was great.

Back
Top Bottom